2011 Post Your Progress Thread

Uniqzoe

Hey ladies, we are almost at the end of another year and many of us have already begun making hair goals for 2012. But lets take a moment to celebrate our success in 2011.

Let everyone know...

1) What worked well for you
2) What have you changed (if anything) with your regime
3) Did you have a length goal at the beginning of the year/did your reach your goal?
4) Growth aides/vitamins that you used (if any)
5) Changes you will make for 2012

And most importantly.....POST PICS, PICS, and more PICS!!!!

Uniqzoe

For me:

1) What worked well: avoiding excessive heat, weekly dc's, increased low manipulation styles

2) Things I changed: I started doing more twists sets with no hair added

3) I did not have a length goal this year but I am a lil disappointed with my growth

4) No growth aids or vitamins

5) Not sure if I will make any changes next year but if I do, it will probably consist of more end-tucking!

add'l info, I cut my relaxed ends off in Feb (after 18 transitioning 18 months).

Now on to the pictures!!!

Attachments

• Jan 2011.jpg
    Jan 2011.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 44
  • feb_july comparison .jpg
    feb_july comparison .jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 49
  • lc july11.jpg
    lc july11.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Oct lc 2011.jpg
    Oct lc 2011.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 46
  • lcdec11.jpg
    lcdec11.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 47

Daeuiel

Cosplay Champ
Napp Your siggy pic is LARGE :lol:

I live in protective styles, so I don't have a lot of loose hair pics, sorry :lol: I wash & condition 1x a week and moisturize as needed. No heat unless it's for a costume (so heat less than 1x a month really). Lots of wigs and extensions. Right now I'm in loc extensions. Simple, lazy reggie. :yep: I didn't use any growth aids, I don't plan to change a thing next year. I didn't have a goal for 2012 except to have hair :lol: I do take vitamins, the Bargello regimen.

May 2011

October 2011 (I can't find any loose hair pics where I'm not in costume :lachen:)

Uniqzoe

Daeuiel, Great progress...and please don't apologize for the costume pics. I love them!! I saw your thread from Dragon Con too, it looked like a lot of fun.

VictoriousBrownFlower

1) What worked well for you
Changing from commercial shampoos to moisturising shampoo bars
washing more often
using moisturising conditioners as a leave in
doing regular protein treatments
2) What have you changed (if anything) with your regime
I've stopped thinking about growth.
Stopped getting relaxers.
Stopped using heat.
3) Did you have a length goal at the beginning of the year/did your reach your goal?
I didnt really have a length goal but I wanted to be natural by the end of the yr and I am so I guess you can say goal met
4) Growth aides/vitamins that you used (if any)
Nope no growth aides or vites just lots of tlc
5) Changes you will make for 2012
I may experiment a bit here and there like I did this yr but no real changes. Don't fix what isnt broken

On to the pics
Hair a wk or so before my bc. My ends were thin because of too much heat for my fine hair. I was around 10 months post.

The next pic is the day I bc'd. Dry hair with gel 4/24/11

hair yesterday 12/9/11 with gel

Hair a month after bc. With some tlc it turned around nicely. Just conditioner in it;100% dry

Hair now with conditioner 100% dry

First puff 7/6/11

puff now

Front comparison 1 month after bc

Now