2015 - Full STEAM Ahead

CodeRed

Steaming with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Masque mixed with dulse steeped in aloe vera juice.

Same again but I pulled some dulse out of the aloe vera juice and pressed it against my edges... it made a paste since it's tender and been sitting in the aloe vera juice so long... I pressed around the whole font of my head.

Edit: Steaming again now with sunflower oil on top of deep conditioner. I just really like steaming :lol:

Last edited:

candita

Welp was ready to join this challenge (especially since I already steam once a week since getting my Huetiful last November) but the darn thing broke and I gotta wait for them to replace it since they're out of stock.

Apparently, leaving the hood on 24/7 can cause it to break in the back and steam to escape from a crack. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

jbwphoto1

Has anyone ever steamed with grease on their scalp? I wonder what would happen if I layered some Softee grease on top of my oils on my scalp and then steamed...
@CodeRed, I've only had NJoy essential oil on my scalp to steam, but noticed when I used vatika oil instead of regular coconut oil on my hair to steam, it seems some of the vatika oil ended up in the collection cup (is that what you call it) and the interior was a little greasy.

CodeRed

@CodeRed, I've only had NJoy essential oil on my scalp to steam, but noticed when I used vatika oil instead of regular coconut oil on my hair to steam, it seems some of the vatika oil ended up in the collection cup (is that what you call it) and the interior was a little greasy.

That's different... I didn't know the oil could "evaporate"... I'll have to research that.