2015 - Full STEAM Ahead

Funmiloves

Just finished steaming, dampen my twists, put mix of tea tree oil and Jojoba oil on scalp, then JBCO on length of my twists.... sat under steamer for about 15mins

pattyr5

IDareT'sHair I really like the Alikay DC with the steamer. I have been buying this product for a while just using it with my Pibbs but once they started selling it in Target it seemed different. I compared the contents of an older jar which I had bought previously at a BSS and the color was different. I don't know if she changed the formula in some way or what, but they it just didn't seem right. Once I started steaming with it, it was nice again. Its one of those DC's that just melt into my strands. :lick:

faithVA

I've been crunched on time this month and haven't steamed the past few weeks. I will try to get it in on Friday.

lushlady

I didn't steam per say, but I did a hot oil treatment with palm oil on damp hair with my conditioning cap and hooded dryer.

Ann0804

I've gotten lazy and was finally motivated to steam today with Shea Moisture Anti Breakage masque and coconut oil so I could restyle my twists into two jumbo twists. My hair looks much better.

CodeRed

Steaming now with hydrolyzed quinoa protein under Affirm Preservo to keep the protein from dripping...

atlien11

I tried steaming my twists with a handheld steamer just to see if i could use this in between steaming sessions to impart some moisture back into my strands mid week.

Not so much :nono: I felt like it just left my strands frizzy due to the cuticles being raised out of nowhere :look:. My hair didn't like that too much.:sad:

Because of that I will be steaming twice a week for the next month with my professional salon steamer instead :grin:

Last edited:

CodeRed

Steaming now with hydrolyzed quinoa protein under Affirm Preservo to keep the protein from dripping...

Doing this again tonight but added Millcreek Keratin Conditioner to it... that Preservo has some strong stuff in it... it made my hair so hard I had to shampoo it out last night because it wouldn't soften with any conditioner I co-washed it out with. Going to try it again tonight with a creamier conditioner... if it doesn't work I'll mix it with my daughter's next conditioner because she needs a protein treatment anyway and it did really well on her hair when I tried it last.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Thank you for the tag...I don't know how I missed this but of course I'm in for another year of steaming!

1. How often you will steam?
After every wash...usually every 10 days, could be more or less depending on my schedule.

2. What method are you using to steam?
Secura hair and facial steamer

3. What products will you steam with?
I rotate between the following 4 conditioners on normal wash days:

Giovanni 2chic olive & avocado
Giovanni 2chic brazillian keratin & argan
Curl Junkie Beauticuls argan & olive
Curl Junkie Beauticurls strengthening

I always add aloe vera juice to my scalp before applying the conditioner and then mist it on all over after applying the conditioner. When I finish steaming, I don't rinse. I let all that yumminess turn into a leave in.

Special occasion steaming:

If I am going to straighten, I use:
Moroccanoil Hydrating Mask or
Moroccanoil Smoothing Mask

For protein treatments:
Curl Junkie Repair Me

These are all the conditioners in my stash and the only ones I will be repurchasing for steaming/deep conditioning as they NEVER do me wrong. They are the holiest of holy grails! I do have Giovanni SAS but I don't use it for steaming...I add it to my amla treatments and pre-poo with it.

CodeRed

Deep conditioning steam now with hydrolyzed quinoa protein/Millcreek Keratin Conditioner/aloe vera gel/sunflower oil.

CodeRed

Sunflower oil over hydrolyzed quinoa protein/aloe vera gel and shea butter mix on temples and nape. Steaming now.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Steaming with: Huetiful's Deep Conditioner (contains Moringa Oil), but will put Avocado Oil on top.

Will use Green Tea underneath my DC'er

Desert Skye

I haven't steamed for a while due to being busy and having my hair did last week. Now I am steaming with coconut oil

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Steamed yesterday with:
The last of my Huetiful Moisturizing DC'er mixed with some J.Monique Naturals Jojoba Rx.

Used Pure Flax Seed Oil on top

sexypebbly

Steamed with bear fruit hair pistachio dream dc on the back of my hair and aubrey organics honeysuckle rose on the front with hemp seed oil and honey