2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Deep conditioning with my home mix of mayo, olive oil, and two eggs. Under my heating wrap right now and will use Aussie Moist right after.

I changed my mind and deep conditioned overnight with Loreal Damage Erasing Balm instead. Going to rinse my hair now.

This morning I will be:

Prepooing with my Egg/honey/evoo/acv mix
Shampooing with Tigi Bedhead Resurrection Shampoo
Protein conditioning (5 minutes in shower) with Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructing Treatment
Protein Deep Conditioning with heat J. Monique's Naturals Burdock Root & Nettle Hair Repair Treatment
Moisture Deep Conditioning with J.Monique's Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli Deep Conditioner
Leave-In with Inahsi Naturals Aloe-Hibiscus Leave-In.

May heavy seal later this evening with QB CTDG and MHC Type 4 Hair Creme to seal.

DC'ed on dry hair with Obia Naturals Babassu DC, 10 minutes under the dryer, until the circuit shorted out (lol), then 15 minutes with heat cap.
Felt I needed a little protein, so I used Harveda Acaiberry Phytokeratin as a leave-in
APB Simple Hair Creme
Homemade amla/brahmi oil to seal and on scalp.

Prepping for a full take down of mini braids after 6 months. Using Vatika coconut oil with steam and SM Manuka Honey Masque after wash. Will likely go into large braids for a while then back into mini braids.
Expecting my Hot Head Cap today will DC with SM JBCO Masque w/ added Hydrolyzed wheat protein.

I went sephora and picked up a sample of the Moroccan oil hydrating mask and I'm trying it out as a D.C.
As always I also D.C. With my staple phyto huile d'ales ...

@trueheartofgold
You should try to catch APB (Annabelle's Perfect Blends) and try her Ultra Conditioning Souffle (moisture on steroids).

I also like BoBeam's DC'ers for Moisture, Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab, My Honey Child's Honey Hair Mask, Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Mask, Hairveda's Sitrinillah, Silk Dreams, Soultanicals Afrotastic - there are sooooo many!:spinning:

@trueheartofgold
You should try to catch APB (Annabelle's Perfect Blends) and try her Ultra Conditioning Souffle (moisture on steroids).

I also like BoBeam's DC'ers for Moisture, Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab, My Honey Child's Honey Hair Mask, Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Mask, Hairveda's Sitrinillah, Silk Dreams, Soultanicals Afrotastic - there are sooooo many!:spinning:

Thank you so much for responding!

:grouphug2:

@trueheartofgold

@IDareT'sHair you Keep me looking some stuff up! But good thing I don't mind mixing things myself or I'd be in Trouble! LOL

Can I join you lovely deep conditioning ladies?

I know it's halfway in but I had been slacking big time on my hair tlc and abusing heat. I've cut away like 80% of the damage but I need to be good to my hair again. I've been making it a habit to dc weekly.

I actually got in 2 this week. Sunday I used Design Essentials Coconut and Monoi Moisture Mask. Not really that impressed. Tonight I did apoghee 2 step protein followed by Aussie Moist deep conditioner.

Really trying to find a moisturizing, protein and silicone free dc that I can get on ground. Seems like a tall order lol.

I did a 30 minute dc with Cristalliste, 3 minute Therapiste prewash and overnight coconut oil prepoo. My ends are much stronger and smoother lately.

I'd say about 45 minutes to an hour under the Hot Head (I wrap it in a bath towel and it stays warm that way) then I left it to cool about an hour before a cold rinse.
I'm definitely doing this again with body heat, hot head or dryer.

Pre-Treat: Curl Origin's Overnight Hair Mask (under Saran Wrap for a few hours)
Treat: Soultanicals Strand Repair (under dryer 20 minutes)
Steam: Au.brey O.rganic.s White Camelia DC'er (Under Steamer about 40 minutes)

Back