2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Sally.

@trueheartofgold
You should try to catch APB (Annabelle's Perfect Blends) and try her Ultra Conditioning Souffle (moisture on steroids).

I also like BoBeam's DC'ers for Moisture, Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab, My Honey Child's Honey Hair Mask, Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Mask, Hairveda's Sitrinillah, Silk Dreams, Soultanicals Afrotastic - there are sooooo many!:spinning:
thx for your recs! making a list of these to order in the future.

Sally.

Can I join you lovely deep conditioning ladies?

I know it's halfway in but I had been slacking big time on my hair tlc and abusing heat. I've cut away like 80% of the damage but I need to be good to my hair again. I've been making it a habit to dc weekly.

I actually got in 2 this week. Sunday I used Design Essentials Coconut and Monoi Moisture Mask. Not really that impressed. Tonight I did apoghee 2 step protein followed by Aussie Moist deep conditioner.

Really trying to find a moisturizing, protein and silicone free dc that I can get on ground. Seems like a tall order lol.
I agree. What are some that you have ordered that you've liked (if any)?

Sally.

I warmed my conditioner for the first time ever and I really like how my hair responded so quickly as if it had been on for a while. This will be a new method for me :)
how did you warm it? did you just put the deep conditioner container into a bowl of hot water for a couple minutes?

Sally.

I prepooed with the moisture drenched prepoo recipe that is found on here. OMG, that thang left my hair so moisturized! I will definitely be doing that before each wash day if I have time.

I deep conditioned under my steamer with Silk Elements Olive Moisturizing Treatment. Really moisturizing!

Neomorph

So since Shea Moisture has been cancelled, I went out to find a conditioner to replace the Manuka Honey Masque that my hair loved so much.

I found an even better replacement in Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner! I've been using it for the past three weeks and I find that my hair feels more moisturized with way less buildup on my scalp.

So now my regimen is
Hot Oil treatment with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Shampoo with Kinky Curly Come Clean
Deep Condition with Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner

Jade Feria

Can I join you lovely deep conditioning ladies?

I know it's halfway in but I had been slacking big time on my hair tlc and abusing heat. I've cut away like 80% of the damage but I need to be good to my hair again. I've been making it a habit to dc weekly.

I actually got in 2 this week. Sunday I used Design Essentials Coconut and Monoi Moisture Mask. Not really that impressed. Tonight I did apoghee 2 step protein followed by Aussie Moist deep conditioner.

Really trying to find a moisturizing, protein and silicone free dc that I can get on ground. Seems like a tall order lol.

Never too late to get your hair right! Welcome to the challenge!

Some DCs that you can find on the ground (silcone & protein free)
- Obia Naturals Babassu DC
- Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi
All Natural DC
- Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment
- As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner

These can be found at Target, Sally's, and/or local drugstores, as well as many BSSs

Last edited:

Aggie

This morning I used some ayurveda growth oil on my scalp and a prepoo of avj and evco on my strands. I will keep this on for 30 minutes before washing and DCing.

Shampoo - Bask & Bloom Gentle herbal Shampoo
Protein Deep Conditioner - Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint DC
Moisture Deep Conditioner - DB Pumpkin Seed DC
Leave in - Bekura Honey Latte