2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

faithVA

Washed with diluted TGIN shampoo. It seems to work better for me this way. I used the TGIN conditioner and it softened my hair up. I still like this line. I diluted the leave-in and sprayed it on my hair and worked it in. Then I baggied for 10 minutes. I let my hair dry a bit and then used the KBB pomade on each section. I used a cheap gel I have and put it on each section. Can't remember the name of it.

I parted my hair like I was putting in flat twist but instead put in 3 or 4 flat twist/2 strand twists for each section. I flat twisted the roots and then two strand twisted the rest. I'm hoping this helps my twist lay better and not stick up in the air like they are prone to do.

I still have a lot of shrinkage but my twist in the front are starting to touch my eyebrows finally. The sides touch the bottom of my ear, the top of my ear and the crown is 2 inches above my ear.

Some hang time sure would be nice :yep:

I'm hoping they will last for 10 days. I bought the Mane Choice Spray. I want to see if that will rehydrate my twist without causing frizz. We shall see. If the twists last I may just do this combo every 10 days and alternate to flat twist when I get tired of them.. If it doesn't work I will just stick to flat twist and then do 2 strands every few weeks.

20170326_222801.jpg

Last edited:

SAPNK

I'll be graduating in a little over a month, and I'm hoping to get my hair professionally straightened for the graduation. I can't wait to see my length regardless of how long it actually is. I'll definitely take pics for you all.

Would it be weird if I begged the stylist not to cut my hair at all? Maybe I'll tell her to wait until the very end, and if it's obvious to both of us that I need a trim, then just let her do it.

faithVA

I'll be graduating in a little over a month, and I'm hoping to get my hair professionally straightened for the graduation. I can't wait to see my length regardless of how long it actually is. I'll definitely take pics for you all.
Will be looking forward to it.

LdyKamz

Those twists are hanging @faithVA Looking good.

I've been blow drying more often than I should be but my set back with my nape leaves me with limited styles. Blow drying and putting in 2 braids and washing and repeating weekly seems to be working out. I coat my hair with lots of moisturizers and protectants every time and the curl pattern comes back nicely each time. I just hope I don't suffer from this too.

Last edited:

faithVA

Made it to the end of the week with these twist. They are starting to frizz a bit but they still look decent. This morning I moisturizer with the Mane Choice spray. I spritzer my ends and then massaged the excess higher up the strand.

Usually if I try to moisturize my twist with anything they dry hard and stiff. So far they feel soft. This morning was a test run. I will try it again to see if I can get more moisture into my twist and then do it every 2 or 3 days.

I'm washing and coloring on Thursday so they just have to make it 5 more days.

Evolving78

What's going on with you lady?

You forget your color and now your appointment? You distracted by something?
Distracted big time! OCD got the best of me. I was cleaning and I couldn't pull away. I just wanted to straighten up the kitchen a bit, but it turned into me wiping out the frig, taking the drawers and glass out, cleaning the oven, wiping the baseboards, etc.. I had to blow dry my hair and get my kids together. By the time I headed there, I was running late, and was told to reschedule.
Now I'm just sitting here, debating about cleaning something else, or do my nails.

faithVA

I guess I will flat iron and do a length check Sunday.
Distracted big time! OCD got the best of me. I was cleaning and I couldn't pull away. I just wanted to straighten up the kitchen a bit, but it turned into me wiping out the frig, taking the drawers and glass out, cleaning the oven, wiping the baseboards, etc.. I had to blow dry my hair and get my kids together. By the time I headed there, I was running late, and was told to reschedule.
Now I'm just sitting here, debating about cleaning something else, or do my nails.
Come clean my kitchen and I will do your hair :grin:

LdyKamz

I blow dried and flat ironed. My hair was a mess!! The first set of pics the left is before I trimmed and the right is after. I was not going to trim but look at that. A mess! I didn't do much just tried to clean it up.

Last pic is after I curled it. It's kinda tight and looks top of neck length when curled but I like it.

Attachments

• Instasize_0401135730.jpg
    Instasize_0401135730.jpg
    902.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Instasize_0401140754.jpg
    Instasize_0401140754.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 31

Evolving78

I blow dried and flat ironed. My hair was a mess!! The first set of pics the left is before I trimmed and the right is after. I was not going to trim but look at that. A mess! I didn't do much just tried to clean it up.

Last pic is after I curled it. It's kinda tight and looks top of neck length when curled but I like it.
It looks good and it's growing!

faithVA

That's wild that it looks longer after you trimmed. It looks good.

LdyKamz

Thanks ladies. I'm actually really happy with the progress. My hair is super weighed down too but that's ok.

That's wild that it looks longer after you trimmed. It looks good.
Right that's what I said I took a lot of pictures wondering if I was holding my head weird. Maybe I was holding my head forward before I trimmed?

faithVA

Thanks ladies. I'm actually really happy with the progress. My hair is super weighed down too but that's ok.

Right that's what I said I took a lot of pictures wondering if I was holding my head weird. Maybe I was holding my head forward before I trimmed?
No matter. We like the results so we will take it.