2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

Evolving78

I've been mia in this thread and when taking care of my hair. I decided to get a weave as a protective style. I got the Onyc fro-out hair so that I would not have to manipulate my natural hair too much. I did a length check before installing. View attachment 391295
And I'll also include a pic of my protective style View attachment 391297
Is this the SL challenge thread? Ya'll are confusing me! Lol
Wow great growth! Take your butt to the BSL/MBL challenge! Lol

beingofserenity

I've been mia in this thread and when taking care of my hair. I decided to get a weave as a protective style. I got the Onyc fro-out hair so that I would not have to manipulate my natural hair too much. I did a length check before installing. View attachment 391295
And I'll also include a pic of my protective style View attachment 391297

Hmmmmm......it looks as if you have made it past shoulder length :)

Evolving78

I got some Aunt Jackie products for my daughter and I. Really for her, but we can use them both. I got stuff from th flaxseed line. The masque, hair milk, and the detangler.
@KammyGirl i finally got Some DE silk Essentials! Yes! I need some hair color! I got a couple of gray strands poppin out of nowhere!
Think I'm gonna rollerset and flat iron my roots.

LdyKamz

I got some Aunt Jackie products for my daughter and I. Really for her, but we can use them both. I got stuff from th flaxseed line. The masque, hair milk, and the detangler.
@KammyGirl i finally got Some DE silk Essentials! Yes! I need some hair color! I got a couple of gray strands poppin out of nowhere!
Think I'm gonna rollerset and flat iron my roots.
Yes! Where did you get it? Just in case they really are clearing the shelves. I want as much as I can get. It really has made a difference in flat ironing for me.

Evolving78

I used it when my hair was short but as my hair got longer it made my hair to porous and my ends stayed even more crazy.
I got this stuff in my hair now! lol I hope I don't have any issues. My bleached ends are already porous. I wanted to try Shea Moisture, but they didn't have Jet Black. The formula is different though. It's more of a cream gel. There is no shampooing involved either. I usually shampoo afterwards. I'm going to rinse it out in about 5 mins , since it's starting to tingle my scalp. I must have gotten some on in the back.

Evolving78

I ended up shampooing my hair, since I didn't like how the conditioner made my hair feel. The shampoo made my hair feel better. I'm using my clear rinse to seal the color in and add some shine. The color came with a shine booster, but I decided to use what I know will work for me. I will deep condition after I rinse this stuff out, then decide what to do from there.

Miss617

Always left of center
This isn't my thread anymore so I was like :pop:

I guess it's hard to move on from SL. I guess I can't relate cuz I ain't never been there. :lol:

Aw, you'll get there!

I may mosey over to the APL thread eventually, but I like it here! This is my first time actively styling and trying to keep my hair healthy since going natural, so I didn't want to overshoot in case I had a setback.

faithVA

I got this stuff in my hair now! lol I hope I don't have any issues. My bleached ends are already porous. I wanted to try Shea Moisture, but they didn't have Jet Black. The formula is different though. It's more of a cream gel. There is no shampooing involved either. I usually shampoo afterwards. I'm going to rinse it out in about 5 mins , since it's starting to tingle my scalp. I must have gotten some on in the back.

You may not have any problems. My hair just acts all kind of crazy. I'm finally getting my ends somewhat normal so I'm afraid to try anything other than a semi-permanent.

faithVA

I didn't feel like coloring my hair tonight, although it's all kinds of gray. I did a mudwash. Then I DCd while riding my bike. I rinsed it out after a few hours. Used the TGIN leave-in and daily moisturizer. I sealed that in with KBB pomade. I put in 12 flat twist. I want to see if I can do a flat twist out on damp hair :look: I'm very afraid of how it is going to look. If it doesn't work out I don't know how I'm going to salvage it. I have a memorial service tomorrow so I may not have time to redo it.

But if it works out, then I have a go to style which would be great.

Evolving78

Having a lovely flat ironing session. I need to crank up the heat a little more for these roots! I will just go over them with my mini flat iron.
I didn't care too much for that Aunt Jackie masque. I don't need a mask. So I will just use that strictly for my DD.
I decided to blow dry and flat iron my hair to see how the color came out. I will be using semi permanent color for now on. I finally got rid of the blonde ends.