3 long YEARS natural, 5 years since finding LHCF!!! IT'S MY ANNIVERSARY YA'LL! *PIX!*

vivEz daNs lamouR

It was brought to my attention through a really sweet PM that I am just a week past my anniversary of BC'ing. :yep:

I joined LHCF in April of 2007, and BC'd in June of 2009... Without this board and the many trials and errors I did, my hair would be NOWHERE near where it is now! So thank you to the endless amounts of fotkis, tutorials, testimonials, and YT videos that I stalked and re-stalked. :yep:

As the years progressed taking 'official' length check pictures decreased, so instead you have shots where you can see the difference in growth. Excuse the appearances of my friends and family. :lol:

April 2007

November 2007

January 2008

March 2008 (Transitioning to Natural)

June 2009 (BC month!)

October 2009

May 2010

August 2010

October 2010

January 2011

August 2011

September 2011

October 2011

December 2012

January 2012

March 2012

April 2012

May 2012

July 2012

Thanks for looking!! :yep::spinning::grin:

fifi134

Re: 3 long YEARS natural, 5 years since finding LHCF!!! IT'S MY ANNIVERSARY YA'LL! *P

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! And you are too! :yep:

kandake

Re: 3 long YEARS natural, 5 years since finding LHCF!!! IT'S MY ANNIVERSARY YA'LL! *P

Fabulous!!!

Happy Anniversary!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL

Beautiful lady and hair!!! I want some... it's so full :look:

cocomama

happy 3 years:dance7: your hair grows really fast!!!!

A856

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Say what's your hair type?? I think we might be the same, my hair looks like yours in your June & October 2009 photos. I'm roughly 75wks post,and if I were to BC right now, my natural hair would be about that length.

RegaLady

BEAUTIFUL hair and beautiful lady!

GeorginaSparks

Your hair is gorgeous. Now please post every single product you use and your regimen thank you.!!!

sunnieb

Absolutely gorgeous!

Love the color and the the friends and family! :grin:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.

you and your hair are both gorgeous!
do you primarily wear your hair straight? straight or curly, it's very pretty

RENIBELL

Wonderful Progress, I Love your Texture Too!!!!

vivEz daNs lamouR

Thank you ladies so so so much for the kind compliments. :supergrin:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Say what's your hair type?? I think we might be the same, my hair looks like yours in your June & October 2009 photos. I'm roughly 75wks post,and if I were to BC right now, my natural hair would be about that length.

You know, I've never officially typed myself, but for the most part I'm 3C with a bit of 4A (roughly a 1x1 inch patch) right by my ears. Those are definitely tighter corkscrew curls, but the rest of my head is definitely an S curl pattern.

I also noticed that as my hair grew the weight of my hair definitely changed the way my hair falls. So if you have the length I have in my 2009 photos, then trust that the look of your texture will likely change as it grows. :yep:

Your hair is gorgeous. Now please post every single product you use and your regimen thank you.!!!

:lol: Honestly, I think I've tried every product imaginable! At least it feels like that. My regimen is so simple now that I can spit it out in my sleep.

When I flat iron, I do it once a week. I always clarify with Suave Clarifying Shampoo because its the only thing IMO that truly gets all the cones out of my hair. I then DC (EVERY week) for about 30-45 minutes with a Dominican based product.. Usually in my rotation will be either Silicon Bambu, Baba de Caracol, or Miss Keys 10 en 1. I truthfully LOVE Baba de Caracol and Silicon Bambu more so than Miss Keys. Once a month I'll do a protein treatment with Aphogee.

After I DC, I do a rinse conditioner with something cheapie.. As of late its been either Tressemme or Suave Shea Butter and Almond. Detangle with my Denman and rinse out, and then before I blow dry, I section my hair into four and add a Silicon Protein leave in, Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer Mist (I LOVE THIS!) and Fantasia IC Heat Protectorant serum. Blowdry, then flat iron, then pin curl.

For my WNGs, I've started using DevaCurl Low Poo, and then following up with usually Tressemme flawless curls conditioner. I detangle, and then I'll add some more, run my hair under the water briefly so that its get saturated but the conditioner doesn't rinse out. I add coconut oil and use EcoStyler Olive Oil gel and I shingle my curls - I find that by doing this, the smoothing action from my hands helps to smooth my ends so they don't curl on themselves.

you and your hair are both gorgeous!
do you primarily wear your hair straight? straight or curly, it's very pretty

Thanks!! Honestly, I tend to prefer straight hair styles because for ME its less manipulation and I don't have to worry about it as much as I do when its curly.. My hair when it's straight is just a bit easier to deal with. But this summer I made a vow to not straighten at all until the Fall, whereas last year I was still occasionally straightening in the summertime. I think the last time I straightened was in May, so I'm taking roughly a four month hiatus from heat.

beans4reezy

Pretty Hair, Pretty Girl.

manter26

Great progress and pretty hair!

Honey01

You are so pretty and your hair is the bomb. I really like those glasses in the one pic. I am looking for inspiration for new glasses.

Your hair grows fast.

Guinan

Re-Branding

Your hair is beautiful. Your making me want to become natural again.

Eclipse

I really enjoyed seeing pics of your journey. Excellent progress! Thanks for sharing!!

ItsMeFre

Fabulous, just fabulous!!!!

Marand13

OMG! So beautiful! I love your texture.
HHG

virtuenow

Your hair is looks nice n healthy.

cutenss

You are pretty, and so is your hair :yep: