3 years post relaxer // 19 months natural

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Wow!!! That august pic is amazing. I love your juicy texture and how healthy your hair looks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

13StepsAhead

@cch24 I think I've told you this before, but I absolutely love your hair! your progress and retention are awesome!

Last edited:

Lucia

:drool: @ the aug stretched hair pic
You've got mad retention going on you'll def make WL by Dec this year.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
WOW! Your hair is amazing!

OT: Why you making that Olsen twins face in all of the pictures? lol

Victoria44

i kept scrolling back up and counting the months in between lengths to make sure i was seeing it correctly. AMAZING RETENTION!!

Shadiyah

Pictures first...

April 2010:

October 2010:

December 2010:

April 2011:

June 2011:

August 2011:

September 2011:

Today! (October 2011:

Words later...

My regimen has pretty much been the same since I began transitioning. I conditioned, detangled, and bunned pretty much every day until June of this year. In June I started conditioning, twisting, and bunning twice a week. I always DC at least once a week, do a cassia treatment once a month, rarely use heat, and try to keep my moisture/protein balance. I'm really happy with my hair growth thus far. My goal was to be at waist length by now and I'm pretty close, if I haven't made it. I won't be straightening again until February or March, but I'm confident that by then I'll have significant hairs at/past waist. My ultimate goal is hip length, but we'll see what happens when I get there.

Thank you everyone for all the information provided. I'm not a heavy poster, but I'm a heavy reader, and the information that I've learned from this website is amazing.

Wow!!!! beautiful just beautiful. I don't know what length you were when you started but you had a really nice growth.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
cch24, thanks for posting the pictures of your buns. The reason I asked for pictures is because I wanted to see how your hair looked in buns, and I am thinking about just maybe giving buns another try for length retention.

Poohbear - Since my hair is almost always in a bun I didn't even think that someone would find them interesting to look at. I usually alternate high and low buns and secure them with an ouchless elastic and amish hair pins.

ETA: I forgot to answer the rest of your questions! I shampoo before I deep condition, so at least once a week. My hair doesn't seem to mind shampoo and I kind of like the lather. I would condition and detangle every day. I always do my hair in four sections so I just applied conditioner to my wet hair, did whatever I needed to do in the shower, and ran a wide tooth comb through each section while it was under the water. I didn't lose very much hair because I was getting the shed hair out every day. Now that I'm only detangling once or twice a week I had to get used to the amount of hair that was coming out. I only stopped because my hair was getting longer and I was getting lazier.