**"I WILL NOT CUT/TRIM MY HAIR" Challenge**

afrikurl

I got my new wigs yesterday. I will be baggying under those bad boys to hang on to my ends but they are pretty bad. I think I may do some dusting soon

keysha1983

Don't dust your ends! Stay away from the scissors!

I'm going to try and not cut my ends until my next relaxer in March.

I'm 2 1/2 inches aways from APL. I've been french braiding my hair for the past 2 months. The style is boring but well worth it to protect my hair.

My reggie will include:
Hot oil treatment
Wash with Hair one
Deep condition with mix of deep conditioners
Add Hair one as leave-in
Air dry
Moisturize and seal
French braid hair

I will alternate with Aphogee 2 minute protein treatment to strengthen my hair..

Wish me luck

texasqt

Originally posted in July
Add me :hiya:
I will not cut until December 31, 2010 or until I'm beyond APL - whichever is first.
I'll make sure I take a picture to track my progress.

My hair plan:
DC with every wash
Shampoo once per month and co-wash all other washes
Use protein conditioner when I shampoo (once per month)
Moisturize and seal at least nightly

I think that's it. I use heat frequently :grin:

I failed :grin:
I big chopped in September getting rid of all my relaxed ends and I just dusted today. Sticking to my hair plan above and my hair is growing. I dusted because I noticed the comb snagging the ends. BTW I updated pics in my fotki today too.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Well I forgot I was in this Challenge and I got a 2.5 inch cut that I really needed. Oh well I am starting fresh now so baby I can get back on the grind.:perplexed

Welcome new challengers! :)

Update: Well I haven't cut my hair but I think I need to stop dusting as often. I also seriously need to start baggying to keep my end healthy until May.

SHEANITPRO

It really pays off not to cut or trim. I have been soooo tempted to do so, but last night I took some pre-perm pics...I'm relaxing today and was really happy to see how much progress I've made...see thru ends are diminishing the longer it grows and I will do a trim around June/July haven't done a trim or dust in about a year. :yep:

Phew, time sure does fly.

How are my Ms.Blue and KnottyByNature March Challengers doing? Did you make it without cutting?

I am doing great in not cutting for once in my life! lol It will be a year since I had it cut this June. I have dusted single strand knots and splits at the very ends. I also notice that my ends are thinner than the rest of my hair but hopefully that will decrease as I gain more length as @SHEANITPRO mentioned!

UrbainChic

CHECKING IN AND......

Well......... Ladies, I've certainly failed. I have cut my hair TWICE since I joined this challenge. Cutting off a total of about 2-3 inches leaving me...... exactly where I started. I got a trim last time I roller set and I got my hair cut by a devachan trained stylist, and I really love the shape of my hair now that I've had a proper curly cut ( no idea what it looks like straight though)

I'm getting back on the horse and sticking with my end date, since that would still be 5 months with no cutting, which would be a success at this rate. I have been pretty good to my hair though, fell off the oiling wagon and the deep conditioning wagon, but I am wrapping my hair at night much much more than i used to.

Baby steps I guess.