**"I WILL NOT CUT/TRIM MY HAIR" Challenge**

jayjaycurlz

Please count me in!

Next Trim: August 2010

I'll be 52 weeks post texlax on August 22nd. I plan to celebrate with BKT and a nice trim. I'm on a 2 year transition to natural w/o the BC, using henna glosses and BKT to help manage the two textures and minimize breakage.

My final trim: August 2011

My reggie:
Poo 1nce a week, co-wash at least twice
DC 1nce a week
Wash n' Go, Air dry
moisturize + seal - DAILY
For winter I'll PS w/braids or 1/2 wigs
I'll do S+D as needed

Good luck everyone!

MarieB

Good job!! Resist the urge to cut!! How are your ends?

Thanks! My ends are good; I gave myself a BKT the other day, then did a quick S&D, but since I don't use heat too often my overall hair health is pretty decent. I did the BKT because I like to wear my hair down, and it really helps to keep my hair protected. Also, I like the way it looks :grin:.

SimpleKomplexity

Man I need a personal "you will not cut your hair Kris" person to get in this challenge. I'm so impulsive. That's why I got so many set backs. lol One morning I just wake up and convince myself I'd rather have health over length even though my hair isn't damaged just uneven and I chop chop chop away.

LilMissRed

checkin in!! :wave:

havent had the urge to touch the scissors-yay!

QUESTION: how are u ladies dealing w/the little knots?? Ive been gently untangling mine.. what are u doing w/those knots????

Man I need a personal "you will not cut your hair Kris" person to get in this challenge. I'm so impulsive. That's why I got so many set backs. lol One morning I just wake up and convince myself I'd rather have health over length even though my hair isn't damaged just uneven and I chop chop chop away.

Come on in!!!! We're here to help each other. And I'm the same way Kris, I cringe when I think about the length I might have if I just stop cutting. But I'm serious this time, and I'm ready.

I would suggest that if you do a length check and see that your hair is uneven but undamaged, don't wear it down. Put it away in a cute protective style so you don't think about it and give it time to grow more evenly.

checkin in!! :wave:

havent had the urge to touch the scissors-yay!

QUESTION: how are u ladies dealing w/the little knots?? Ive been gently untangling mine.. what are u doing w/those knots????

Thanks for checking in! Keep up the good work! :grin:

I had a whole bunch of single strand knots and I just nipped only the knots at the ends of my strands. I also moisturized the ends of my hair with mango butter intermittently and I was also able to see single strand knots that were trying to form.

I literally saw strands that were wrapped up and bent into others but if carefully pulled away and moisturized were healthy and not split! It took an EXTREMELY long time but it's worth it. If I want to last at least a year without any trims I had to do this now.

SimpleKomplexity

I'm In then!

If you would like to be apart of this challenge please post:
1. Your Hair Plan of Care for the duration of time you will be refraining from cutting/trimming
2. The final date of your challenge. I will post this next to your name to provide a form of accountability and support from fellow participants while on this challenge.

My Hair Care Plan:
-Keep hair in braids/ sew-in for the rest of the summer July to about 1st of September
-Wash and DC hair when I take out braids
-PS hair with rollersets and twistouts for the rest of the year (but I might be back in braids if I'm still transitioning) (October-December 2010)
-No trimming/cutting until December 2010 (for now)
-NO DIRECT HEAT
-S&Destroy (shouldn't have to be done much since my hair will mostly be up and I don't have any splits right now)

Final Date for my Challenge:

December 31st, 2010 (so I can get a nice mini trim right before my bday on the 14th of January)

texasqt

Add me :hiya:
I will not cut until December 31, 2010 or until I'm beyond APL - whichever is first.
I'll make sure I take a picture to track my progress.

My hair plan:
DC with every wash
Shampoo once per month and co-wash all other washes
Use protein conditioner when I shampoo (once per month)
Moisturize and seal at least nightly

I think that's it. I use heat frequently :grin:

What is everyone doing to keep their ends in top shape? My schedule is so busy I protective style but I RARELY have time to moisturize my ends.

How are you guys doing it? Any tips?

SimpleKomplexity

This is my dilema. I took my braids out and I'm wearing it in rollersets. My friends all say that I need to trim because my ends are not even and they are tangling at the end. I'm thinking an inch needs to be cut off, but I would rather wait til I'm past BSL to trim so when I trim I will meet my goal of BSL still. If I cut now, I will br back to APL and it will set me back some more. And there is nothing to say they won't get BACK split and I'll have to cut again. This is why I've been at APL so long anyway.

texasqt

This is my dilema. I took my braids out and I'm wearing it in rollersets. My friends all say that I need to trim because my ends are not even and they are tangling at the end. I'm thinking an inch needs to be cut off, but I would rather wait til I'm past BSL to trim so when I trim I will meet my goal of BSL still. If I cut now, I will br back to APL and it will set me back some more. And there is nothing to say they won't get BACK split and I'll have to cut again. This is why I've been at APL so long anyway.

Consider roller setting/wearing your hair curly/pinning up, etc. so others won't notice your uneven ends especially if the hair is healthy. I made armpit last summer wearing braids and went to get a trim. Of course the stylist evened it out (even after I explained to her I was growing out my layers) and I went right back to shoulder length. All that hair did not have to go!

afrikurl

I want in. I have been trimming non stop the past year and a half and wonder why I'm still hovering at the same spot. i will not trim until after my B Day next yr, May 2011. I Bettat be full bra strap by then!
My routine is to wash and DC weekly, Juice and seal. I am keeping y hair put away till the end of this year with a few breaks in between. after that its back to the twists.

Bumping to see how everyone is doing....

I've been snipping single strand knots and the very end hairs that are split besides that nothing else.

December is less than 3 months away for the December challengers!

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
hey all just checking in and not cutting anything. I finally made it to APL but it still seems short. This weekend I am going to start LadyP reggie so my hair will be put away and I wont be tempted!

Good Luck All

i know im late to this (just signed up) but i would like to join this challenge also!

Welcome Carisa! So nice to have you!

Please post:
1. Your Hair Plan of Care for the duration of time you will be refraining from cutting/trimming
2. The final date of your challenge. I will post this next to your name to provide a form of accountability and support from fellow participants while on this challenge.

hey all just checking in and not cutting anything. I finally made it to APL but it still seems short. This weekend I am going to start LadyP reggie so my hair will be put away and I wont be tempted!

Thanks for checking in and congratulations on making APL!!! :)

What does the Lady P regimen consist of?

UrbainChic

OH THANK HEAVEN!

I am so surprised I never noticed this thread before!!!! This summer I have been my own Scissor Happy NIGHTMARE. I have trimmed my own hair 3 times since MAY. INCLUDING LAST NIGHT!!! What's wrong with me??? You guys ever do this too? I have been hovering over BSL for months because I keep cutting!!!!!:nono::wallbash::cry2:

Anyway I am totally up to this callenge!

* Minimize Direct Heat Use (Flat iron or blow dryer) :naughty: , Giving myself 3 Passes till August. Otherwise must Roller Set, Band/ etc.
* Wear Hair up minimum of 4-5 days a week
* Avocado Oil on Ends Daily
* Alcohol Free Gels
* Deep Condition Weekly at minimum
* Use Headscarf At night.
* Hide Scissors in back/ bottom of closet. :lol:

2. The final date of your challenge.
August, 1, 2011

Okay Girls! I am so ready to stop chopping my hair off! I can even out the ends in August if I need to, and since I wont be straightening very much, I shouldn't be able to notice any uneven ends for a long time anyway!

We can do it!!!!:yahoo::yay:

Carisa

>Braids (cornrows or plaits) 3 weeks out tha month
>Wigs over my braids (no sew ins or microbraids though- ive gotten to much breakage from sew ins and microbraids are just annoying and too much work)
>1 week out of the month I keep my hair out so i can perm or use protein treatments at that time.
>I deep condition 1-2 times a month (with neutrogena triple moisture and nexxus humectress)
>I also baggy ends while hair is in braids or when hair is loose 1x a week
> Co-washing occassionally (with v05 or suave)
>Perm every 3 months ( with designers touch, vitale, elasta qp)
>Protein treatment every 3 months (i use aphogee 2 step)
>Vitamins (natures bounty- hair, skin and nails) daily
>Use leave in conditioners such as infusium 23 when i remember (which is usually about 3 or 4 times a week)
>Use coconut oil (when bagging, sealing or deep conditioning)
>Use silk pillowcases (I hate scarves)
>No trimming or brushing
>No coloring
>No heat for 1 year from now (except under dryer for deep conditioning)

2. The final date of your challenge.
August 1, 2011

About Me | Chanellecm | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

MarieB

I'm still in...my hair is almost full APL (I had some splits at the longest lenghts that had to go). Can't wait to see where I am by my cut-off date!

I'm still in...my hair is almost full APL (I had some splits at the longest lenghts that had to go). Can't wait to see where I am by my cut-off date!

Thanks for checking in MarieB. Congrats on your growth!

I agree I really can't wait to see all I have retained after this challenge!

afrikurl

I took out my interlocks since my last post. I DCed and Aphogeed and put in my yarn braids. I still got some kinky hair, for kinky twists, I got some left over brair hair to do senegalese twists and enough hair to do another set of interlocks. I think that should hold me over until my birthday. I aint cuttin nothin! I want a wig soooo badly but DH aint fallin for it. He gonna come home one day to meet my new hair friend cuz I gots goals.

How is everyone holding up w/ this challenge??

And my December people??:
Growing My Glory--------------> December 2010
Sweetpeadee-------------------> December 31st, 2010
Ashlee5125---------------------> December 27, 2010
Ms Lala-------------------------> December 2010

UrbainChic

OMG i just popped in here to find out when my last trim was and it wasn't that long ago. UGH!

I mean I am much closer to August 1st than before, but I have not even left my hair alone for 2 months. I am already bored and considering straightening via roller set for the winter, but if I straighten i am more likely to trim.... ugh. Maybe I will hold off on straightening until the new year? Or just thanksgiving and the new year?

*sigh*

How do I know which hairs are lead hairs? I am obsessed with blunt ends, and this slows my progress down every time I straighten.

Carisa

Just poppin in....havent cut any hairs and havent had the urge (the last time ive cut it was august 2009)