3 Steps to Achieve a Natural Looking Lace Wig Hairline...GET IN HERE TO SEE :)

The best YT tutorial I've seen in a long while. And right on time cuz I just bought my first LF, similar to the one you're wearing in the video.

Thanks!

I watched both the video tutorials and I think you have convinced me that a LF can indeed look natural. I'm one of those ladies who would prefer not to have to mess with my hair after wash day if I have a busy week ahead of me. Spending 20 minute re-braiding to keep the frizzes at bay on my braidout is not my idea of a good time. :nono:

So, it I could pull of a LF, I'd be so happy. I've never worn a wig before, but I'm willing to try this one. So thanks so much for sharing your techniques.:yep:

OP, how do you secure the hairline without using glue? I am nervous about damaging my hairline with LF and am trying to figure out a way to wear them while transitioning without obliterating my hairline :lol: TIA

OP, how do you secure the hairline without using glue? I am nervous about damaging my hairline with LF and am trying to figure out a way to wear them while transitioning without obliterating my hairline :lol: TIA

I never do any glue or tape. The wigs come with combs and a drawstring on the inside. This helps keep the wig in place. I don't really like the combs though, so I just wear 2 bobbi pins on each side of the wig instead.

Great video. Now, I have my hat until April.

I never do any glue or tape. The wigs come with combs and a drawstring on the inside. This helps keep the wig in place. I don't really like the combs though, so I just wear 2 bobbi pins on each side of the wig instead.

KEWL

Last edited:
Great tutorial! After seeing that video, I think I'm going to try out a LF.

Also, what inexpensive and natural looking LFs would you recommend for a first timer?

Great tutorial! After seeing that video, I think I'm going to try out a LF.

Also, what inexpensive and natural looking LFs would you recommend for a first timer?

Thanks! I would recommend starting with a style that you will feel most comfortable with since it is your first time wearing one. I would say stick to a length, color, and texture that will make you feel fierce..and then work up to styles that are a little more outside of your comfort zone. As far as quality goes, I would say try a freetress wig. My Tori wig held up for monthssss. Heck I washed her several times and she still looks decent. I don't think I will be wearing her anymore though bc it is time to get a new one. I will probably reorder Tori in a few months or so...

You should have these links printed up on business cards to hand out to offenders!

I was with colleagues at dinner on Monday night and was shocked to see a woman at the next table wearing this awful hair hat with a moon shaped hairline. Her date looked into his dinner plate for the entire time!!!

You should have these links printed up on business cards to hand out to offenders!

I was with colleagues at dinner on Monday night and was shocked to see a woman at the next table wearing this awful hair hat with a moon shaped hairline. Her date looked into his dinner plate for the entire time!!!

LOL, I know exactly what you mean. :lachen:I see this all of the time, and I just don't understand it. I mean, most wigs aren't going to look 100 percent real, but the least they could do is try to make it look as natural as possible.

Thanks for the tutorials. I was just thinking about purchasing a wig online but I was scared because I didn't know how to blend it and I don't want to look like the chick at the dinner table that naturalmanenyc commented about. LMAO

Have you ever tried the brand called It's a Wig? I saw a few guru's do reviews and they are only about 40.00 each so I thought I would give them a try. I am only skeptical because the folks on youtube were sent the wigs for review they didn't purchase them with their own money.

Thanks for the tutorials. I was just thinking about purchasing a wig online but I was scared because I didn't know how to blend it and I don't want to look like the chick at the dinner table that naturalmanenyc commented about. LMAO

Have you ever tried the brand called It's a Wig? I saw a few guru's do reviews and they are only about 40.00 each so I thought I would give them a try. I am only skeptical because the folks on youtube were sent the wigs for review they didn't purchase them with their own money.

Thanks! I've seen the "it's a wig" brand online before but have never purchased from them.

Great job! Never wanted to try a full wig of any kind, always thought they just look too obviously fake. I love what you did to the Drew though, and it looks awesome on you. I just bought it online. I'm hoping it will be my main PS.:clapping::clapping:

Thanks for the tutorial. I have a wig that i have to fix and i didn't know how until now so thanks so much for the advice.

Back