4A Naturals...How Do You Rate These Products ???

Blacktresses

I have heard raves about these products and was wondering if you could tell me your experience with them.

Elucence - Moisture Benefits Shampoo

How does it make your hair and scalp feel after using this product ?
Are there any lasting effects from usage ?
How often do you use it?
Would you recommend smiliar/another product?

-Elucence - Moisture Balancing Conditioner

This product recieves more raves then the shampoo.
How often do you use it?

Salerm 21

Whaz really goin' on??? What is the fuss about???

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
I'll try to answer your questions for the products that I have used.

Elucence - Moisture Benefits Shampoo

My scalp feels clean and exfoliated when I rub it gently with my fingertips when using this shampoo. It has never felt dry or tight. My hair smells fresh and the curl is slightly more crisp after washing with it.

No negative effects to date. I've been using it regularly for about 2-3 years.

How often do you use it?
About 2X per week.

I would recommend ABBA Creme Moist Shampoo for similiar results.

-Elucence - Moisture Balancing Conditioner

This product recieves more raves then the shampoo.
This a unique conditioner, it feels thin compared to other creme conditioners but it is still quite effective. I prefer to use it as a leave-in conditioner. It absorbs immediately into my hair and leaves it feeling silky without feeling slimy/mushy which is something I get when using CON products.

Are there any lasting effects from usage ? My hair stays soft for at least a couple days after one leave-in application.

How often do you use it?
I use it sporadically, but I've been using it regularly since I tried the shampoo 2-3 years ago.

As a rinse conditioner I can't think of anything else quite like it. As a leave-in it's comparable with Bumble & Bumble or ABBA Nourishing Leave in.

Salerm 21

Whaz really goin' on??? What is the fuss about???
Haven't used this one before! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ichephren

Moisture benefits shampoo: Good shampoo, not stripping, but I didn't feel as if it was as moisturizing as creme of nature. I only tried it once after I took out my braids, so that might have affected the test.
Moisture balancing condish: Great stuff, literally made my hair melt. For me, it was the equivalent of a deep treatment, even though I only left it on for 5mins. A similar product would be loreal mega moisture, but that's a deep treatment. I've used it 3 times, cause I'm mostly in braids, but each time was excellent.
I have not tried salerm, but a close runner up to that is NTM silk touch leave in, which was excellent. Hours after applying it, I could feel a light coating of oil on my hair, which I liked. It was very moisturizing with just the right amount of oil to make it last all day. I used this for a week and a half straight and it did the same thing each time.

Nay

I really like both Elucence shampoo and conditioner. They both smell nice, clean and detangle well, and don't leave a build-up feeling. No negative effects that I've noticed.

I alternate using them with my Cream of Nature. (One wash day I'll use CON. The next wash day I'll use Elucence. And I wash my hair about every 5-6 days)

I can't think of any product to compare Elucence to. CON and Elucence have been my favorites for a while, so I haven't tried really anything else.

Overall, I give Elucence a big /images/graemlins/up.gif

I've never tried Salerm 21.

Honi

There is no board.
I'm not natural but I use these products on my daughters hair.

The shampoo is very moisturizing and doesn't leave the hair/scalp feeling stripped. Haven't tried anything to compare similarity yet so I'll be sticking with this since it works so well on her.

The conditioner makes the hair feel very silky and soft. I also use this as a leave in sometimes. A similar product but thicker IMO would be Kenra MC.

I've never tried Salerm but NTM silk touch leave in works very well with the above.

miss_brown

Salerm is the BOMB! It's a thick, creamy leave in with a nice scent (a light musk). Works PERFECTLY when blowdrying /images/graemlins/up.gif

bklyncurly

I've never tried Eulence products, but I think I will. Where do you find it? BSS? Target? Walmart?

/images/graemlins/antlers.gif

babyblue

Both elucence shampoo and conditioner get two thumbs up /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif. Ive been using them for about a little over a year now and my hair absolutely loves them. The shampoo smells like peaches and cleans really well without drying, stripping or leaving the hair coated. The conditioner can be left in or rinsed out, smells wonderful, is very moisturizing and makes comb out 100% easier on my very thick 4a/b natural hair.

Almondjoy

I enjoy the elucence shampoo but I've never tried the conditioner. I simply love Kenra moisture benefits conditioner and intensive emolient. I bought salerm 21 about 2 months ago and I still haven't gotten around to trying it.

Country gal

I really like the shampoo. It helps to get my hair manageable. When I use other shampoos my hair feels dryer and harder to comb. I wash with the Elucence and braid my hair up, then put on the wig.