Naturals what do you use to protect your ends.....

fancypants007

Is Avon Dry Ends Serum worth the money or is something like Profective Healthy Ends an alternative product. I have been trying to find products that will add moisture to my ends and lately I have been using vaseline. Is there another product that you recommend that would keep the ends moist. Irresistible and Nay, your hair ends look healthy. Is there something specifically that you use? Any responses are welcome.

bettydavis

Re: Naturals what do you use to protect your ends.

profectiv breakfree

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:
Is Avon Dry Ends Serum worth the money or is something like Profective Healthy Ends an alternative product. I have been trying to find products that will add moisture to my ends and lately I have been using vaseline. Is there another product that you recommend that would keep the ends moist. Irresistible and Nay, your hair ends look healthy. Is there something specifically that you use? Any responses are welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used grease for years girl, and that worked just fine (for me) but now im all into these oils and butters...so i would say really ANY kind of oil and/or butter should work fine. they are cheaper in the long run too cause a little goes a looong way.

AFashionSlave

I like Burts Bees Baby bee lotion. It's very light and it smells great.

syoulee1

I use Sta Sof Fro and then sometimes I "seal" it with Hollywood beauty Castor Oil.

I keep my hair twisted and then put my twists in a bun. So my ends are protected and the hair is twisted so there is no manipulation.
HTH

MissDiva

curl activator, s-curl, hair grease, mixed oils or whatever I have available.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
fancypants007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I carry around a spray bottle filled with water and any conditioner. I then spritz my hair as needed.

miss_brown

I choose from the following 3:

1. Water + vaseline
2. Fantasia IC Moisturizer
3. Elasta QP Mango Butter

deeplyrooted

i use either mango butter or avocado butter. i usually follow up with 911 leave in conditioner.

pressncurl

Whatever you use should have water as a component, IMO. So, I either use a leave in conditioner (lightly when my hair is pressed) or spritz my ends with water followed by rubbing on essential oils. If pressed, I'll follow both of these by rolling my ends with hard rollers. That helps it to stay a bit straighter as opposed to curling up.

mermaid

A lot of the ladies here use vaseline, you're doing fine! If you feel you are making progress, I wouldn't change a thing. If you think you need more, then you can do a search on things like moisture, sealing, ends, etc.
Soooo much info here, it'll make you dizzy!

Melaninme

Lately, I've been using castor oil on my ends. I wear my hair in twists the majority of the time.

hotshot

kemi oyl shea pomade. will experiment with profective long n healthy.

babyblue

kemi oyl shea butter pomade
Also lately ive been using my free sample of curve's curly buttercreme.

Ms. Analeise

I used unrefined shea butter for awhile. It worked great, but I had to quit because of the smell. It made me gag.
Plus, there is no way I could walk around at work with that smell following me all day.

gn1g

conditioner - cholestrol
WGO and sometimes grease