4B who are texlaxed ^^ also some questions about texlaxing.

Rikku

While I am still not certain of my hair type yet =P I am just going to go with 4b ^^

Anyways I was wondering if those of you that are 4b (or 4a) could post pictures of your texlaxed hair, dry, wet, just show the texlaxed results! :yep::lick:

Also I have some questions..

1. What is the logic behind mixing olive oil, or any of the other commonly named oils..or whatever in the relaxer? what does that do?

2. Does texlaxing help for those who have had alot of shrinkage after washing natural hair?

3. Those of you who have it done in salons can you please PM me in you live Anywhere near the MA area with salon info, review, ect. I'd sooo appreciate that ^^;

Last edited:

Rikku

Twistout in my sig :) I'll see if i have any wet shots...

I really like your hair :D its so thick, it looks natural ^^ and like my texture actually ^^

I almost wish you lived in MA! ;_; if someone with nicely texlaxed here lives in MA I would soooo be willing to pay them whatever to do mine for me >.<

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I have no idea of timelines here :

Rikku

Are the bottom three pictures right after washing? did you have lots of shrinkage before the texlaxing? ^^

CocoGlow

^^ WOW Je Ne Sais Quoi .. your hair looks soo natural! Not for nothing but I usually see stringy looking texlaxed type 4 hair

Your avatar says 49 weeks post...do you touchup only once per year?..if so I wonder if that is the key to keeping most of your texture!! Intringuing....

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Are the bottom three pictures right after washing? did you have lots of shrinkage before the texlaxing? ^^

Uhhh, i think these photos were done when i first started texlaxing so the my overall texture is a bit different now due to my tranisition. In those days i didn't have a tone shrinkage BUT since i wasn't aware of the various textures in my head some of the areas became quite loose unfortunately.

^^ WOW Je Ne Sais Quoi .. your hair looks soo natural! Not for nothing but I usually see stringy looking texlaxed type 4 hair

Your avatar says 49 weeks post...do you touchup only once per year?..if so I wonder if that is the key to keeping most of your texture!! Intringuing....

I am transitioning :) The key that i found to keepin most of your texture is to not leave the perm in very long. The problem is you have to kind of do trial and error which didn't quite work for me which is why some areas are loose/kind of stringy, you just can't see them :)

sharifeh

I'm not texlaxed, but people add oil in to slow down the processing time of the relaxer so they have more time to apply it to their hair. Adding oil also takes away some of the strength of the relaxer.

CocoGlow

I am transitioning :) The key that i found to keepin most of your texture is to not leave the perm in very long. The problem is you have to kind of do trial and error which didn't quite work for me which is why some areas are loose/kind of stringy, you just can't see them :)

Oh ok I see... yeah anytime the thought to texlax crosses my mind I think of how precise one must be with calculating time, the actual oil/conditioner/relaxer mix and the VERRRRRY big chance of not getting it perfectly right .. I would hate to end up w/ stringy strands

your hair is gorgeous by the way & I can't wait to see your hair fully natural .. I'm sure it won't look that different but you'll probably be the only one to notice the consistency in texture