Texlaxed 4B/4A ladies!~ ^^

Rikku

Hi!

I am wanting to texlax =D I plan to find a salon to get it done at so I want to know some things for you ladies with 4B/4A hair.

1. Do you mix anything in the relaxer? if so what? and why?

2. Do you apply the relaxer section by section?

3. Do you have an even texture? and how did you achieve this? ^^

4. If you had shrinkage before with your natural hair; does the texlaxing help with that?

^_^

Last edited:

Tafa01

I relax, not texlax, but Ihave read here in the forum that they add oil (like olive oil), and process for a shorter time. Those who have lots of hair do it in section. They wrap one section in saran wrap while texlaxing the rest.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Hi!

I am wanting to texlax =D I plan to find a salon to get it done at so I want to know some things for you ladies with 4B/4A hair.

1. Do you mix anything in the relaxer? if so what? and why?

2. Do you apply the relaxer section by section?

3. Do you have an even texture? and how did you achieve this? ^^

4. If you had shrinkage before with your natural hair; does the texlaxing help with that?

^_^

Q1. I add about 1/3 of a cup of EVOO to the base.

Q2. I get my hair touch-ups done professionally

Q3. No I don't have an even texture. My front is about 3C, and from the crown to the nape is about 4A. I have fine hair.

Q4. When I was natural I use to get as much as 70 to 80% of shrinkage; now being texlaxed I have maybe about 30 to 40% of shrinkage when I'm over 10 weeks post.

Rikku

Thank you guys^^
:lick:

I relax, not texlax, but Ihave read here in the forum that they add oil (like olive oil), and process for a shorter time. Those who have lots of hair do it in section. They wrap one section in saran wrap while texlaxing the rest.

So oil slows down the relaxer basically? or does it like make the chemicals not as strong? I never knew that :perplexed I wonder if I go to a salon and just ask them to add oil and put it in for half the time they would do that...that doesn't seem complicated at all >.< lol