5lb Bucket of Eco Gel? Yeah, It Is That Serious!

glamazon386

I ordered one from a seller on Amazon.com. I just sucked it up and paid the shipping fee because I couldn't find it anywhere locally. I only found the clear and the pink. When I did the math it still came out cheaper with the shipping than buying a smaller jar from CVS every few weeks. I go through this stuff so fast.

Last edited:

DrC

5lbs!?!?! Girl! did you plan on bathing in this or something? :lachen: j/k anyway whats the scoop on eco-gel? I have heard about it on here a lot.

Last edited:

Amazhaan

I use it to slick down edges, crown and to set wash and go's if the product I used isn't doing it's job. I prefer the green olive oil formula than the clear but they're both excellent and thick, give shine and max hold and it works in 100 degree hot humid weather too, just moisturize underneath.

Thanks for the reply!!! :yep:

All of the above! :yep: It's great for my edges, coaxing my hair to lay down enough to wear a ponytail, WNGs and even sealing the ends of my twists so they don't unravel! I love that stuff!

Summabish!!! Whaaaaaat.... OMG... I'm running to the hood BSS Raat (yes raat) Now... Thanks so much!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

choctaw

and don't forget the eco custard ...

lana

Why am I considering buying this gel and I don't even use gel? I'm seriously picking up some this weekend, just to try it. What in the heck?!

preciousfa02

@kitten73 I found some near third ave..my mother n law lives in the area..but other than that I'm not too familiar with the BX

Amazhaan

To those that actually use the Eco Styler Gel...

Is it ok to use daily?

Is there a lot of buildup?

And if you do use it a lot or daily, do you shampoo or clarify a lot?

What I'm getting at is that I am trying to incorporate a regimen (I'm still fairly a newbie) where I mainly cowash, DC and clarify once a month and sometimes shampoo (MAYBE twice a month).

If I added this eco gel, would I still be able to do that or would I need to shampoo or clarify more often?

TIA!!! :yep:

choctaw

Is it ok to use daily?

I think it depends on your texture, style and amount that you apply. I have natural type 4 hair. I apply it first day on twists/braids and just spray with water before braiding in larger sections for 2nd or 3rd day hair. I rarely go past 3rd day because I co-wash often.

empressri

Is it ok to use daily?

What I'm getting at is that I am trying to incorporate a regimen (I'm still fairly a newbie) where I mainly cowash, DC and clarify once a month and sometimes shampoo (MAYBE twice a month).

If I added this eco gel, would I still be able to do that or would I need to shampoo or clarify more often?

I'd say once or twice week IF I'm even using gel, and I've cowashed it out. I only shampoo once a week. You'd just need to up your moisture underneath if you want to use ecostyler consistently.

Amazhaan

I think it depends on your texture, style and amount that you apply. I have natural type 4 hair. I apply it first day on twists/braids and just spray with water before braiding in larger sections for 2nd or 3rd day hair. I rarely go past 3rd day because I co-wash often.

I'd say once or twice week IF I'm even using gel, and I've cowashed it out. I only shampoo once a week. You'd just need to up your moisture underneath if you want to use ecostyler consistently.

Thanks ladies!!!

I'm such a product whore ... I only took a 30 minute lunch today because I'm leaving early and why did I spend my break going to the BSS to pick up this (not the 5lb though) and Lustrasilk Shea Butter and Mango Cholestorol... Wow... Priorities, priorities... :grin::grin::grin:

~marti26.

I've used this for about a year and always purchase the 32oz jar. I've probably gone through about 6 jars. I didn't even know a 5lb jar existed. I stopped at a local BSS today and low and behold, what did I find. Yep! I snatched it up for 10.99. I have 3 DD's so this a great buy. Honestly though whenever I buy the 32 oz it just so happens to be on sale at Sally's for $2.79 so I'm not saving that much. I guess on gas. Still I feel like I'm official with this gigantic thing. My husband didn't even know what to say. Lol. I'm really gonna take a pic of me holding that big 'ol thing. :lol:

Mari-Cris

Is it ok to use daily?

I wear my hair in double-strand twists and I only put some Eco in my hair right after each wash. I don't use it daily so I don't know about buildup, but gel is gel so piling it on everyday probably won't be a good feel and you'll probably need to wash more often.

Beverly Ann Properties

This size will be my next purchase. My hair loves Eco styler with olive oil. The clear Eco styler is my second best gel. I use it on my edges when I bun and for my braidouts. It is a must have for me. Thanks for the tips. I will check the numerous BSS on every other corner where I live. I am sure one of them will have this size.

vtoodler

empressri

How do you do that? How did you increase your hair's moisture levels in preparation for using gel?

Curlygirly9

I got mine in january at my bss for $3.00. I scooped some out to fill a smaller container and now I just have the tub sitting here. :ohwell:
ETA: I like the Argan oil one better

Last edited:

A856

Why am I considering buying this gel and I don't even use gel? I'm seriously picking up some this weekend, just to try it. What in the heck?!

Exactly! I want a sample first before I make a big purchase. Maybe I'll ask my cousin for some to try...she had the 5lb'er:spinning:

this is a link to a discussion and recipes: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...516071-ecostyler-dry-two-strand-twisting.html

g'wan get your custard on, chile! :lol:

This link directed me back to the home page:look:

Embyra

I bought the 32oz in the argan formulation its softer than the olive even though they both have the hold of 10 i can feel the difference

Love Always

I use to spend 20 bucks on the Keracare Gel but now I don't have to. I bought the Argan Oil gel last week. I get more bang for my buck and the performance is a lot better than the Keracare :yep:.

greenandchic

I was wondering if they have EcoStyler Blue in that size. I love the medium hold...

Found it, but shipping is a killer...

GaiasDaughter24

Anyone know if the morrocan argan oil one comes in a 5lb bucket? It's my favorite. It's less sticky than the olive oil and just feels better. I can't explain it. I LOVE that stuff!!! I bought 6 32 oz ones last september/october when they were on sale at Sally's. I have enough left to last me 3 days or so.:look:

Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I love me some blue and pank Eco!! :D 5lb tubs ftw!! That's the size I pick up whenever I buy it (unless the BSS has none in stock that day).