6 FOOT LADIES SUPPORT THREAD

Leesh

Not only am I Damn near 6 Foot tall, 5' 11" to be exact, I am also a "Extreme Slow Grower" at .33 per Month. So I know that certain obstacles are more magnified for Me, so I just go with the flow, and try and be patient. :ohwell:

ycj1

I am with you too with my 5'10.5 frame.

And yes it does get to be a bit frustrating at times reading how the average height ladies seem to reach apl and mbl in no time, while we the taller ones seems to take us forever to even get close. I don't have an extremely long neck but it's long enough to me and to boot I have a long torso. So you know it's probably going to take me anywhere from 5- 7 yrs to reach mbl.

Oh well, those are the breaks sometimes and I just have to grin and bear it! But pls count me into this thread, cause also at one time I felt like I was a loner being so tall and no one eles on the board was as tall as me.

But good now I am in excellent company.

BTW I am in braids now and my natural hair is right at neck length, so you know I have hills and mountains to get over as far as length is concerned.

SmilingElephant

Well i'm 5'8....with a long torso...however...i have a significant curve in my spine...so it makes it tricky for me to get an accurate length check:grin:

DMJ's Mom

Can I join? I'm 5 ft 8in but from my nape to APL is 10 inches. BSL is another 4-5 inches. It took my 15 months to get from just above NL to APL

MilaXs3

Im in...standing tall at 5'10"...thought I would be APL by end of 2009...but not so much! Hopefully next relaxer in February...wishfull thinking for BSL by June 2010!! **sigh**

Vonnieluvs08

I'm some where around 5'11" or 6' to me the inch doesn't matter. I'm still the tallest or one of the tallest people in a room no matter where I go. So I'm definitely here/subscribing. Thanks OP

My longest layer is SL or top of SL and my goal is to make it to APL by my BDay in Sept or by the end of the year.

I'm excited to see how long my hair is at my 1yr Anni in July.

ddean

5'11" checking in :grin:. I'm currently a little past shoulder length and will be happy when I can claim full APL (hopefully by this summer). There's about 10-11" between my shoulder and my bra strap, so I'll have to shoot for BSL next year :ohwell:.

MissLawyerLady

This is a great thread! I'm only 5'8" so I don't have the struggle of you 5'10" and above ladies, but it is definitely harder to grow to APL and beyond when you're longer.:ohwell:

It feels like its taken me forever to get to BSL. I just got it on my last relaxer (I'm grazing it, but claiming it none the less). Good luck to you ladies!

purplepeace79

Here was me at 6' with locs. Took 5 years to get here:

The longest ones reached WL

I cut them off and went 2 years loose then to locs again

After 3 years
, just barely making APL

Combed them out, did some cutting, and now, I'm full SL
This pic was taken end of September

My ultimate goal is full BSL. My current goal is full APL in 2010.

bk_amazon

I'm 6'1 and managed to go from nearly bald to neck-length in a year (great, but not enough!). It's comforting to read other tallies have to take the slow road to a long and luscious mane too!

elise805

Im in, I'm 5'10 and I've been thinking about this lately, before getting on LHCF I never really considered that being taller means my hair will take longer to get down my back. I'm currently BSL and hoping to be WSL in december 2010, we'll see...

Last edited:

ajoyfuljoy

I am with you too with my 5'10.5 frame.

And yes it does get to be a bit frustrating at times reading how the average height ladies seem to reach apl and mbl in no time, while we the taller ones seems to take us forever to even get close. I don't have an extremely long neck but it's long enough to me and to boot I have a long torso. So you know it's probably going to take me anywhere from 5- 7 yrs to reach mbl.

Oh well, those are the breaks sometimes and I just have to grin and bear it! But pls count me into this thread, cause also at one time I felt like I was a loner being so tall and no one eles on the board was as tall as me.

But good now I am in excellent company.

BTW I am in braids now and my natural hair is right at neck length, so you know I have hills and mountains to get over as far as length is concerned.

we've got several ladies that are at least 6'2" :yep:

Optimus_Prime

I'm only 5'10, but I'm guilty of thinking that some ladies only make super fast progress b/c they're short.
I can't post pics right now b/c they're saved to my other computer, but I'm bsl.

SmilingElephant

Im in, I'm 5'10 and I've been thinking about this lately, before getting on LHCF I never really considered that being taller means my hair will take longer to get down my back. I'm currently BSL and hoping to be WSL in december 2010, we'll see...

Me either...until i read some thread on another board talking about how it depends on how tall you are to determine how soon you can reach your goals...and i was like....that is SO unfair!!:grin:

But my hair usually grows pretty fast...its kinda slowed down a little since i've been taking medication for a year now.

Naturallista

Not quite 6' (5'10"), but I feel the pain. Plus, I recently cut my nearly BSL hair to neck length (shoulder when streched) to get rid of damaged ends from years of flat ironing. :wallbash: *le sigh*

EccentricRed

:clapping: I'm 5'8"/5'9" and APL is going to be a heckuva milestone for me. After that BSL is like a walk in the park! I know I'm not 6', but I do feel your pain!

hatmat6

I'm In! I'm 6'2" !!! Really! But I'm staying positive.....:newbie:
I just started my HHJ in September and am growing out of a pixie cut! So Ladies, you feel my pain. :wallbash:

Bulletproof

tHicK hAIr dOn't CarE
I'm in, although I'm only 5'11½.

I get so jealous when people go from APL to WL in 6 months:)yep:).
My BSL is a average sized womans MB/WL .

I'm currently SL (NG EL I think) and wish I would not bc until my "ng" is at SL but I'm impatience..

Hair-length-growing is one of only two negatives about being tall.

What is the second negative kayex the curious midget asks?

mangojuice33

Im 5'9 and just grazing APL at the moment. I realised that i have a looooong back when I installed a weave last month. I wanted 16 inch but the only had the brazillian remi in 18 inch, I was like OMG that is going to waaay too long..... but then realised that on me 18inch IS ONLY BSL. eeek!

Lexib

Im 5'9 and just grazing APL at the moment. I realised that i have a looooong back when I installed a weave last month. I wanted 16 inch but the only had the brazillian remi in 18 inch, I was like OMG that is going to waaay too long..... but then realised that on me 18inch IS ONLY BSL. eeek!

I feel you! When I used to wear weaves, the 12inch was just SL on me - still a good 3-4 inches from APL (basically where my hair is now :ohwell:) I'm 5'9 as well.

We'll get there ladies! :yep:

MsKdBee

Im In!!!! I am 5'11 and had to cut off my see through MBL ends to just shy of bsl so I am on my grind trying to get back to MBL.......this time protecting my ends so they stay thick.:drunk:

Bluetopia

Count me in for this support group cause I'm 5'8 1/2 (which isn't extra tall) but just my luck, my torse is super long so everything looks far away when I use my body to measure all this APL/BSL/WL business :look:

Triniwegian

I'm only 5'10, but I'm guilty of thinking that some ladies only make super fast progress b/c they're short.
I can't post pics right now b/c they're saved to my other computer, but I'm bsl.

I peeped your Fotki, beautiful hair lady!!
How long did it take you to reash BSL?