6 FOOT LADIES SUPPORT THREAD

makeupvixen

Count me in. I'm 5' 11" 1/2 (Size 12 shoe, ouch) Been transitioning since 9-9-09, got 4 inches of growth and have hit a wall. My hair is no where near bra length, started at ear length and not collar bone length.

I need some support too and I'm here to support the rest of us tall gals.

Attachments

• Bed Head.jpg
    Bed Head.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 24
  • beaudry1.bmp
    106.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Nina_deF

Count me in. I'm 5' 11" 1/2 (Size 12 shoe, ouch) Been transitioning since 9-9-09, got 4 inches of growth and have hit a wall. My hair is no where near bra length, started at ear length and not collar bone length.

I need some support too and I'm here to support the rest of us tall gals.

Just want to say hi to a fellow freckled one!

Combat the wall with some coconut oil!

Nina_deF

Haayyyyyyyy! Don't you just love our Angel Kisses :up:

I didn't use to but that has changed along the way (I was carded buying wine at the age of 35, thanks to my freckles!).

AND the other day my 16 yo and I were on a bus.
I caught him glansing over at a young lady his age and asked if he thought that she was pretty.

He looked at me, shook his head and said: she's as pale as we are (my biggest gripe with winter is becoming greyish green because of lack of sun), and she didn't even get any freckles!
That warmed up my insides!

makeupvixen

I didn't use to but that has changed along the way (I was carded buying wine at the age of 35, thanks to my freckles!).

AND the other day my 16 yo and I were on a bus.
I caught him glansing over at a young lady his age and asked if he thought that she was pretty.

He looked at me, shook his head and said: she's as pale as we are (my biggest gripe with winter is becoming greyish green because of lack of sun), and she didn't even get any freckles!
That warmed up my insides!

Yeah I cried when I got freckles at 5 yo. I come from a long line of Angel Kisses so I learned to like them. Kind of hard when I'm a makeup artist and wanted my skin to look like butter, I learned my way around it.

Awwww. Freckles are such gorgeous beauty marks. Makes us look younger. Love em'

OhSoOthentik

:hiya: I want to join the club too!!! I am 5'10. I set a goal for December 2010 of shoulder length stretched. However my neck is short for me to be a tall lady. So I dont think that will be too hard. But SL to APL will be a trip for me. Good thing I focus on healthy hair more so than lengthy hair! Good luck Ladies!

pink gator

Here was me at 6' with locs. Took 5 years to get here:

The longest ones reached WL

I cut them off and went 2 years loose then to locs again

After 3 years
, just barely making APL

Combed them out, did some cutting, and now, I'm full SL
This pic was taken end of September

My ultimate goal is full BSL. My current goal is full APL in 2010.

Wow! I'm 6'1 an my locs were really long like that...and it took about 5 years also.

I'm growing out a pixie cut, so I may have a ways to go to catch up with y'all! (But I grow pretty fast though! :grin:)

*subscribing*

enscott14

I'm jumping on board too! I'm 5'10 and while my hair is a decent length and everyone comments on how long it is, It's still not as long as it would be if I were even 5'6. :nono:

makeupvixen

:hiya: I want to join the club too!!! I am 5'10. I set a goal for December 2010 of shoulder length stretched. However my neck is short for me to be a tall lady. So I dont think that will be too hard. But SL to APL will be a trip for me. Good thing I focus on healthy hair more so than lengthy hair! Good luck Ladies!

Hi my elite model sistahs, (Us tall girls)

What's going to be your regimen? I'm starting at arm pit length this year and going for bra strap length. I have made tons of homemade hair concations but I always love to hear more ideas. Like how often people srtaighten their hair? I was going to see how long I can go without using a flat iron. I started 9-9-09 and didn't touch my blow dryer or flat iron until Christmas Eve. I know I'm not going to the salon and will be doing everything at home and making my own conditioners and creams but I'm still in the learning process. Any suggerstions???

Is anyone doing a challenge? Where can I join?

panamoni

Hey, I'm in!! I'm 5'10, but 6' just about everyday when I wear heals ;o).
I'm on that long road to APL, then BSB/BSL, and so on.

I'm hoping to make APL by March. I'm getting my next relaxer this weekend, so I'll be able to better assess at that time.

makeupvixen

Can us taller vixen's do a hair challenge together? What should it been, when should we start, anyone game for this?

Triniwegian

Can us taller vixen's do a hair challenge together? What should it been, when should we start, anyone game for this?

You can go ahead and start one..I just thought this would be a support thread that could go on for a while instead of a temporary thing.
But by all means, what's stopping you?

indiangirl313

Hello ladies,
Count me in! I am 5'10 and I believe I am SL. I am stretching my relaxers (currently at 17 wks, striving for 6 months). My goal is to be APL then BSL hopefully before the end of the year. When I reach those goals, I'll be happy just to keep those lengths intact. Whatever growth comes after that, if it comes, it comes, if not....oh well.

Sorry, I don't have a starting pic yet, been in braids, buns, and half wigs, the last 4 mths, will wait until I get my relaxer in February.

makeupvixen

You can go ahead and start one..I just thought this would be a support thread that could go on for a while instead of a temporary thing.
But by all means, what's stopping you?

I wouldn't even know where to begin. Have no clue on what to try, how to start it or anything. This would be my first challenge so I would rather be a participant than an organizer.

I guess I will stick to my normal regemine and see what happens.

panamoni

So, I got my relaxer on Saturday, and from my calculations, I should be making APL by June (not March), and BSL by the following February. But hey, at least I'm retaining!!

Nayeli

Wonderful thread. I'm just at 6 feet, with a rediculosuly long torso. My neck alone, I'm sure, is pretty much the length of most ladies' backs :lachen:

I'll be BSL with my next relaxer and take consolation in the fact that it would be considered MBL on the average woman.

panamoni

Wonderful thread. I'm just at 6 feet, with a rediculosuly long torso. My neck alone, I'm sure, is pretty much the length of most ladies' backs :lachen:

I'll be BSL with my next relaxer and take consolation in the fact that it would be considered MBL on the average woman.

How long did it take you to get there?

MAMATO

I am in... I am 5'9 and currently WL (even though I'd only claim it in February for my 2nd year anniversary of HHJ). I am in the 2010 HL challenge ... and sometimes I am like "Gosh my hips are so far away, I will never make it :)" LOLOLOLOL :)

Duff

Hi Ladies :wave:
count me in, I'm 5'9" with long long limbs. my goal is BSL (or maybe midback length). currently I'm SL. also I'm transistioning. wow, I can't believe I actually said it in a post....

Last edited:

Mrs. N Lugo

Hi everybody. I'm 5'10 and my starting point is the pic in my siggy. I'm longer than shoulder length and shorter than armpit. Prayerfully I will be BSL by the end of this year.

LionQueen

Please count me in!

5'9" with a long head... :lol:

Collarbone in the front; somewhere btw shoulder and armpit in the back. (I'll be back in a couple of days with a starting pic)
MBL seems miiiiiiles away!

Texlaxed and stretching for 14.5 months (and counting).

Hmmm :scratchch: ... is that a transition??

Grand Prix

Hi my elite model sistahs, (Us tall girls)

What's going to be your regimen? I'm starting at arm pit length this year and going for bra strap length. I have made tons of homemade hair concations but I always love to hear more ideas. Like how often people srtaighten their hair? I was going to see how long I can go without using a flat iron. I started 9-9-09 and didn't touch my blow dryer or flat iron until Christmas Eve. I know I'm not going to the salon and will be doing everything at home and making my own conditioners and creams but I'm still in the learning process. Any suggerstions???

Is anyone doing a challenge? Where can I join?

Check out the Natural Living section of the forum.
Lots of home made concoctions to be found here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=232411.

Chevelure618

My long neck makes BSL FARRRR away...Pix

This French braid is at 11 weeks post. Actually the hair is pulled up high on my head so my tail grazes BSL stretched, but just to show you how a tall lady could be MBL with a shorter neck.

ShimaFrenchBraid.JPG

Last edited:

prettybyrd

Yeah, I love this thread!

5'11'' with a TWA so I have 23 inches to grow until I hit MBL, I'm starting with 3 inches of hair.

Here's my starting pic:

Ignore my man's dirty closet!

Last edited:

locfreeme

5' 11.5" and somewhere between collar bone and shoulder when straightened, at two years post-BC. Glad to finally find a whole community of tall girls on here to spend the next three years with me trying to reach BSL. :)

Jackie

I am so in on this. Originally my long-term goal was MBL, but taking my height into account, the look that the more vertically challenged ladies have at MBL, I might achieve at BSL. We shall see...
I currently am somewhere in between shoulder and armpit, and just deployed to Afghanistan 2 weeks ago for 7 months. I'm hoping to use this deployment as a boot camp of sorts for my hair. Wearing nothing but protective styles (since I am required to either bun or braid my hair), and using absolutely no heat for 7 months should put me at AT LEAST armpit by the time I get back to the states. Very exciting! I am all about this support group.
BTW I am a graceful 5'11".