A couple of questions for you ladies who have...

GoingBack

a Caruso Steam Hairsetter set. I want to buy a set for myself and was wondering where do I find it? How much does it cost, on average? How many rollers come with the set and can you heat the entire set all at once or do I have to do it one roller at a time?

Last edited:

VelvetRain

I got mine from EBAY. I could not find it locally here even though a decade ago I got a set from sallys. Tenderheaded.com sells them as well. Drugstore.com has the vidal sasson set that is just like the caruso one.

You can only steam one roller at a time.

GoingBack

What?! One roller at at time?:eek: It would take entirely too long to do my entire head. I had a set of heated rollers, but they weren't steam rollers. The machine stopped working so I had to throw it away yesterday and decided to get a Caruso set because the steam would be better for my hair anyway. But, I was able to heat the entire set of rollers with my old set.

Does the Vidal Sasson set work the same way? I need something that is a little less time-consuming....

VelvetRain

Honestly it doesn't take very long. I have medium lenght hair and use the jumbo rollers and it only takes me about five minutes in the morning to do my entire head.

Isis

kitty18 said:
a Caruso Steam Hairsetter set. I want to buy a set for myself and was wondering where do I find it? How much does it cost, on average? How many rollers come with the set and can you heat the entire set all at once or do I have to do it one roller at a time?
I bought my second system at Sallys last month for $30. I love it compared to the older system. It comes with a hair instruction booklet, 30 rollers: 6 petite, 6 small, 6 small plus, 6 medium, 6 large and a large carry all bag .

Also, it's important to understand that it isn't heat, it's steam. Although hot steam is coming out of the system, the rollers do not get hot so there is no heat on the hair, just moisture. The moisture penetrates the hair and evaporates and that's what sets the curl in the hair.

One roller at a time for a few seconds each is very fast.

renee_n_3000

I am going to get the Vidal Sasoon set now that my Caruso steamer is broken. A lady at Caruso told me they don't make them anymore and that the VS steamer is compatible with the Caruso curlers.

It won't take long to do your hair. The roller takes just a few seconds to heat up. You will be parting/grabbing a section of hair to roll while each roller is heating up, so you won't be losing any time or just sitting around waiting for each roller to heat. I hope you like it if you try it. :)

LEOLADYSW

renee_n_3000 said:
I am going to get the Vidal Sasoon set now that my Caruso steamer is broken. A lady at Caruso told me they don't make them anymore and that the VS steamer is compatible with the Caruso curlers.
That is true. The VS and the Caruso are both made by Helen of Troy.