A different wig everyday?

Would you/do you wear a different wig everyday

• Yes, variety is the spice of life. Wigs are an accessory and I like to mix it up!

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • No, that's crazy to switch up everyday.

Votes: 64 54.2%
  • Sometimes I like to swap it up, but I mostly keep it the same.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
LOL....No, I don't wear a new one everyday or every week for that matter. However, what I do is change my wigs almost every month and a half. Why? b/c I usually wear curly wigs and they get ratty, ratty, ratty very quickly. I keeps the wigs w/n the same family though, there's nothing too outrageous and few people even notice. That's just me :)

BlackMasterPiece

Oh wow, glad this older thread was bumped....I am now a huge wig enthusiast and I'm prolly gonna go completely overboard soon:look: lol

I plan to have a series of wigs in the same color family that will hopefully just look like its my real hair in different styles:grin:

MISSBOSSY

I sometimes will switch it up every day for a while, but I stick with the same length. So it basically looks like I was wearing curly hair and straightened it, or curled it, or made it wavy or something. But never anything drastic. I pulled a fast one and wore some hair one day that was several inches longer than the day before and folks thought my hair grew "so fast". The next day they just assumed I cut it, lol

angelfire

Actually I have done this and do consider my wigs to be like one poster mentioned~ hats. Being someone who just doesn't give a hoot what others think and viewing wigs as an accessory for me is fun. I don't want to ever go back to when I became so attached to having a weave or extensions to the point where I lost sight of taking care of my own hair so I don't even try to act like the wigs are the real me.

LongLeggedLife

If you're going for believeable, a wig is not the way to go to begin with--I say switch it up and have fun if thats what you like.

NYDee

I wear the same wig style all the time. I get bored of the style but it hard to find something else I like.

Roux

i'll do it. no shame and don't have any shame, lol. i'll be SL one day, BSL the next, NL the day after that, and wearing my own hair with highlights the next lol

iri9109

this lady at my church matches her wigs to her outfits...if she has on red tones she wears a burgundy wig, if she wears earthtones, she wears one with brown highlights, and everything else she just wears blonde -_-

i feel weird about drastic changes like that in hair ,so i would never change my wigs every day unless they were similar... 1 had a random 1/2 wig from a bss & tammy and they were like exact texture twins except my bss one is a lil longer...i was rocking my wig for the 1st couple weeks of the semester, but then i took my braids out underneath to give my hair a break and i just felt self conscious about going from a shrunken curly fro to WL & wavy lol...i still rock wigs to parties or if im going out, or to church sometimes, but i havent started wearing them to school or the office yet...and i've really been enjoying my hair lately so im not in a rush to go back to wearing them everyday anyways.

glamazon386

:lol: People like that make the fact that they wear wigs very obvious. They don't care if people know it's fake. I try to wear one for at least a few days in a row. I don't wear them as often as I used to a few years back. When I wore wigs all the time (half wigs), I'd get a relaxer, buy a fresh half wig and wear it until the next relaxer so people always assumed it was a weave install.

Last edited:

ms.blue

I generally wear the same wig for 2-3 weeks straight and if I like the wig, I'll buy the same one over again and wear it again. Occassionally, I will change the style but I like to keep it simple.

Tiye

I change styles every week

I dont care.

One coworker was like "your length constantly changes!" I smirked and told her I was a genie and left.

I agree. Some people are all about creating and maintaining an illusion - nothing wrong with that. Others just want to have fun. I fall in the fun camp. I think it's funny when people can't figure out what's going on with the hair do.

danysedai

I'm the only black woman at my office (well, and another one upstairs in management) and I bought my first wig. My hair is APL and I bought a short,funky, brown with caramel highlights wig. The response has been incredible,people love it,who knew short hair would look good on me lol.That said, I have only 1, but I wore my hair down on the first days of the week then had my wig on yesterday and today.Tonight I'll wash my hair and wear it down again tomorrow,lol. who cares? I told everyone it was a wig after everybody assumed I had a haircut. I'm not interested in the longer wigs, only the short ones.

I'm looking at the mommy wig now (or the Mimi, don't know yet).

CurliDiva

I "try" to keep my wig in the same "length and color" family ----whether straight or curly ----until I do major "major" look change.

For example, I'm bored with black hair and want something new for Spring, so I'm thinking about buying a lace wig in color #4 (dark auburn brown)- once it arrives, the black wig will be retired and any BSS wig I buy will be #4 so that I can easily switch up my look.

mzsophisticated26

I dont care I tell people its a wig anyway...lol...i usually wear my wigs 1wk at a time but some wks I may wear 2 different wigs in the same week. I just make sure my textures match thats all I care about...lol

Ladybelle

But, is this professional? It seems like it could possibly hinder promotion potential. If one can't be consistent with their looks, how can they be with job performance??
I don't know, I'm just asking.

mzsophisticated26

But, is this professional? It seems like it could possibly hinder promotion potential. If one can't be consistent with their looks, how can they be with job performance??
I don't know, I'm just asking.

Not at my job, my sr mgr always compliments me and I am a top performer in my dept..also it means u can adapt to change very well:lachen:

Ladybelle

^^ That is a better way of looking at it. I guess as long as the wig themselves are a professional, it shouldn't be a problem.

kbragg

If I had the cash for it I would. Why not? If I worked in some stuffy corporate situation i wouldn't but them again i wouldn't work in a stuffy corporate situation LOL! just call me Claretha (House Of Payne):lol: