A lil help please? Straightened, now i gots frizz!

Mimi22

I'm a sooo annoyed. I got my hair straightened today at the salon and the stylist said i need another half inch off of thin see-through ends! I'm so annoyed at my hair and its growth! I'm still at SL! I hope to God I make APL this year.....I've been SL for almost 2 years now.

My friend said I should trim after every wash, but I dunno. I tried, but nothing!

Anyway, after the press, it rained and my hair frizzed up! Can I give it a light press?? Will it cause damage?

MonPetite

Bumping for you.:yep:

I will say this: You DO NOT have to trim with every wash, you'll loose your progress.:wallbash:

To get good responses, you should try including this info:

Are you natural or relaxed?
What is your regimen?
Do you have color treated hair?
How often do you use heat?
How often do you wash?
How often do you Deep Condition?

I hope you get some good advice from ladies who straighten. I haven't used heat in years!:drunk:

hothair

^^^ What she said- trimming every wash would definitely impede your progress- obviously assuming you wash at least once every 2 weeks? Protective styling is key- i'm aiming for APL this year as well so I'm in full protective mode (full weave) till December to keep from messing with my hair (by colouring, flat-ironing, relaxing etc) Good luck!

ladylibra

people who trim after every wash are trying to maintain their current style. if you are trying to grow your hair, you don't need to trim that often.

each strand of your hair is on a different growth schedule. so as it grows out it's gonna be uneven and your ends are going to naturally appear thinner, because some hairs grow longer faster than other hairs do. unless your longer ends look unhealthy, you DO NOT need to trim them. the rest of your hair will catch up and it will start to fill in, then other hairs will grow longer, and so on and so forth.

as far as re-pressing your hair... i can't answer that one for you. for some too much heat isn't good, for others it seems that heat doesn't damage their hair one bit. unless you want pin-straight hair again i'd say just pin curl it or braid it in a few big braids and do a wavy braid-out look until you wash again.

nnmiles

If I were you, I wouldn't repress my hair. You would need to wash your hair again and condition it, and then press it. Otherwise, you will be trying to press frizzy hair and frizzy hair is not a clean enough palate for you to achieve results that newly freshed washed hair would give you. I know this from experience, just pull your hair back into a ponytail and wear it frizzy. I do it all the time, I love my frizzy ponytail. :grin: I hope this helps.
Nat

Mimi22

Bumping for you.:yep:

I will say this: You DO NOT have to trim with every wash, you'll loose your progress.:wallbash:

To get good responses, you should try including this info:

Are you natural or relaxed?
What is your regimen?
Do you have color treated hair?
How often do you use heat?
How often do you wash?
How often do you Deep Condition?

I'm natural. I co-wash every-day, and I dont comb. I shampoo & ACV every 12-14 days. I deep condition every week or I do a protein treatment followed by deep condition. I heat straighten at a salon every 3-4 months or when I have a special occasion to go to. I wear wash n go's or twist-outs etc. I dont understand WHAT i'm doing wrong! I'll attach a photo once my camera battery is charged.

My ends look thin and see-through and I dont wanna trim again :nono: I jus trimmed it 2 months ago!! When in the natural state, my hair is full and bouncy, yet straightened, the ends look dreadful!!!! I HATE IT!

Do i cut it again and start at SL? How do I know that 2 months down the line it wont happen again? :ohwell:

I wont give it a light press. I pin curled it tonight.