A natural actually asked me how I got my hair like this.

MissJ

Today, I went to a career fair. I talked to this lady, and when I walked back by her, she asked me if my hair was natural. I was like, "Well..." Then she guess that some was natural and some was permed. Anyway, she wanted to know how I got my hair like this. I did a strawset after seeing it demonstrated in daydreaminyoli's album. Just wanted to share. It felt good getting recognition instead of crazy stares!

I want to see but I can't find that member :( Do you have any pics??? I'm looking for a new tranisitioning style that I can do myself

I uploaded my own pictures. :) The first pic was during my separating of the curls, so it's not totally done there.

Last edited:
I've seen that style as well and didn't know that was a straw set! I like it. How long do you think you will be able to wear it like that before you do it again and also, how do you maintain it at night and what do you put on it during the day? (sorry so many questions, but if I had seen it, I would have been staring too - in a good way!) (Kind of reminds me of CountryGal's style except hers is a twist style - still pretty!)

Umm, I plan on wearing it for at least a week. I like it, because I don't have to do anything to it. I just pin the sides and front up with a clip at night so as not to flatten the curls. Even if some get flattened they seem to spring right back anyway. I they look pretty cool, but not as good as the girls' whose I tried to copy. I'm glad she put the directions in her album, though. I always wondered about straw curls.

Last edited:
It feels really good getting compliments as a natural. It is your natural hair that God created just for you.

It's a very pretty style, and is flattering on you. It looks a lot like when natural's do finger or comb coils.

Umm, it took me about 4 hours. I used all the products you used, except I coudn't find the Motions Setting Solution. I love the fact that it's an inexpensive style, and I didn't have to use heat. Thanks for the instructions.

Thanks Cheleigh. I think I'm gonna get use to wearing this style often. ;)

Which album is the picture in? I couldn't find it. You and WCG look really nice in the ball picture. I love the dress.

Country gal said:
Which album is the picture in? I couldn't find it. You and WCG look really nice in the ball picture. I love the dress.

I agree... you look like a little barbie doll :) . that was a lovely dress!

Back