A question for all the hair pros!!

jnicole

My hair seems to be breaking more lately and I know a lot of it has to do with my ends rubbing my clothes so I've started protecting them better. Yesterday I took a strand of hair and pulled it apart. It didn't seem to have any elasticity. It felt strong, but no stretch it just snapped. My question is how do I add elasticity to my hair or what could I be doing wrong? My regimen is weekly: Wash, protein condition with Mega tek for about 10-20 minutes, sometime I mix megatek and Motions CPR, then I deep condition for 30 min to and hour under the dryer with Hairveda Sitrinillah, then I use a leave in wrap and sit under the dryer until it's dry. Throughout the week I moisturize and seal and usually pincurl. Could too much protein be causing this?

TIA

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
It's probably the weeky MT/CPR. Cut that step out for a while. You can also try Porosity Control conditioner, add it to your dc or use it as a final rinse. Fermodyl also helps with elasticty and porosity. Formulas 233, 619 Extra and Special are formulated to help with those problems. HTH! :)

jnicole

It's probably the weeky MT/CPR. Cut that step out for a while. You can also try Porosity Control conditioner, add it to your dc or use it as a final rinse. Fermodyl also helps with elasticty and porosity. Formulas 233, 619 Extra and Special are formulated to help with those problems. HTH! :)

Thanks Tiffers!! Where can I get these products?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Roux Porosity Control and Fermodyl can be found at Sally's :yep:

well Tiffers said it all.....I was going to suggest Roux Porosity control conditioner(I love this stuff), and I would suggest if you are going to do protein like that, I would use a moisturizing shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, and moisturizing deep conditioner, cuz that MT is considered heavy protein right, and then CPR is protein, I'm not sure if it's heavy or not, but you don't want the protein to out weigh the moisturizer, and vice versa....so try Roux and either ease up on the protein, or add more moisture......

SmilingElephant

I would say you probably have a protein overload.....try a conditioner that's more of a moisturizing conditioner.

Also....try moisturizing your hair....especially your ends with Shea Butter for a couple of days.