MEGA-TEK USERS...PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORIES AND EXPERIENCES

MaintaintheSexy

I am new to Mega-Tek and I have some questions and concerns about it. First off, I love the smell and feel of the product and because of that I am tempted to use it everyday. I thought about it and I realized that mega-tek is protein and I don't think it would be smart to apply it everyday. Ladies, how often do you apply MEGATEK? Is it imperative to use moisturizer with MEGATEK? For the experienced MEGATEK users please share the DO's and DON'T's, PROS and CONS. Thanks so much! :perplexed

epiphany braids

There is currently 2 challenges up, but one is closed (mine, sorry) maybe you can go lurking or even join the one that is open to get some idea's.
I don;t believe that there is a general rule to using MT (megatek) because everyone is different. You will have to learn from the way YOUR hair reacts to MT or any product. There's a great amount of info on LHCF so you can get an idea on how you want to use MT but you MUST remeber as rule of thumb, what works for others may not work for you.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=329883

^^hair regimens for using MT

Hope I was of some help.

HHG

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
i use it every dayyyy, just started on dec 23, four days now. and im still gonna do my aphongee next week (the hard stuff) protein overload??:lachen:my hair laughs at the face of danger.

RENIBELL

I've been using Megatek for a year now, started summer of 2008. i dont use it everyday. i use it once a week as a deep conditioner, sometimes leave it overnight. i also mix in a tablespoon of castor oil. my hair comes out very strong and the colour is darker. i follow with a deep conditioner, Aubreys honesucklerose always, this brings back the softness. i love megatek, but i use it in the way that it works for me. i do not apply it as a scalp grease and leave in, but i do massage it into my scalp when i am applying as a conditioner. for hard core protein, i put an egg yolk in my mix, gives me stronger hair ticker hair than nexus emergency ever has. never used aphogee.

Chevelure618

I tried Megatek. First, it does speed up the growth, but it made my scalp sore so I had to stop using it. I then tried Ovation Cell Therapy which did not irritate my scalp and it smelled and seemed pretty much the same product as Megatek. I don't know why I have not used it regularly to speed up my growth. I suppose it is because it is so expensive, but I would NOT, repeat NOT, use it daily. It is a VERY strong protein.

My hair gets protein loaded, especially now that it is in good condition, so that is probably another reason i did not want to risk using it regularly. The UBH conditioner is strong enough for me when I want a rescue conditioner or to whip it into shape when it is acting up.

Chameleonchick

I used Megatek 2 years ago (2008) from March to July religiously. My growth rate did speed up during that time, but I did stop because I got tired of applying it. And I had got into putting in weaves. That is why I am in the challange that epiphanybraids started because I know that it works.