ADOPT-A-NEWBIE

Miel

I know that most of us Newbies ask some of the same question over and over again (which is probably annoying the heck out of alot of folks). So I came up with this idea.

Be a "Big Sis" to a Newbie for 3 months, July to October. Post pics of the starting point, post specific reggie, take and post monthy progress pics. The Newbie has to keep a journal and stick to reggie as prescribed by her Big Sis.

To get us started, Newbies wanting a Big Sis and those who would like to be a big sis should post here so we can get matched up. Lord knows I'll be the first to sign up!

gabulldawg

I would LOVE to have someone adopt me. Are we supposed to choose a person that we would be interested in, or would the more experienced members have to choose who they would want to adopt?

longhairluva

I like this idea but everyone will want the same "big sis" to adopt them. I can pick about 5 names off the top of my head that most people would want to be their big sis.:)

Miel

gabulldawg said:
I would LOVE to have someone adopt me. Are we supposed to choose a person that we would be interested in, or would the more experienced members have to choose who they would want to adopt?

Good question. Any input on how to match up would be greatly appreciate...I have no organizational skills LOL

guesswho

Wow! That's genious I love that idea, I have quite a few folks that I talk to on a regular basis and I love it, I don't mind asissting more if I can I love doing that, we should also put the big sis stats!

So here's my stats

Never had bra strap hair in my life until now
Its shoulder length unstretch
All natural
Many different textures, thought I was 4a with some 4b and I'm noticing 3s up in my hair, natural hair is madness in a beautiful way!

Big chop 3 years ago,

Learn mostly everything from lhcf, and I love sharing any little secrets and technique I've learned along the way, most important along your journey what works for one might not work for all, keep trying:)

dlewis

longhairluva said:
I like this idea but everyone will want the same "big sis" to adopt them. I can pick about 5 names off the top of my head that most people would want to be their big sis.:)

Yep, I agree....

That's not gonna work. You prob should let the big sis pick the newbie.

divinefavor

This is a great idea!

I would say the best way is to match up with someone who has similar hair (fine, thick, relaxed, natural, etc.) as yours and who have accomplished the healthy hair and lenght goals that you are apsiring to be.

Just a thought.

guesswho

blackmaven said:
Nope, Don't want to adopt grown woman only babies.:lachen: :lachen:

Seriously, it is good idea.

Funny lol,

But we should let the newbies choose there big sis and if the big sis already have more than 2 newbies the big sis should let that newbie know she already have 2 newbies I think that sounds cool

Jaegermany

I would like to be adopted I could use some one on one guidance and strict regimen to curb my PJism!

This might be more than the OP bargained for (lol) but I think that the OP should get a list of every Newbie that wants to join and every big sis wanting to adopt and randomly put people together based on texture..... JMTC *shrugs*

sugarose

That's a cute idea! Probably newbie's and big sis's should be matched by hair type, then the regimen and product rec's might work better. :)

I wanna be a big sis! :lol:

Last edited:

guesswho

divinefavor said:
This is a great idea!

I would say the best way is to match up with someone who has similar hair (fine, thick, relaxed, natural, etc.) as yours and who have accomplished the healthy hair and lenght goals that you are apsiring to be.

Just a thought.

I agree, and also the big sis should post who her 2 newbies are, and put what goals she have set for her newbies, also the newbies should be very cooperative and listen to the big sis, lol
First the newbie should let the big sis knows what's her budget for products and then its shopping time, the newbie will follow the product list and then when the big sis says go and deep con with xxx con for 45mins for eg the newbie must follow lol, I'm going overboard lol

Last edited:

Miel

Jaegermany said:
I would like to be adopted I could use some one on one guidance and strict regimen to curb my PJism!

This might be more than the OP bargained for (lol) but I think that the OP should get a list of every Newbie that wants to join and every big sis wanting to adopt and randomly put people together based on texture..... JMTC *shrugs*

Sounds like a winner!!!!!

sugarose

Jaegermany said:

Thats a good idea.

divinefavor

I don't mind being a Big Sis!

Another thought, once the matches are made, the first thing that should be done is the Newbie should send their current regimen, current hair issues (like dryness, breakage, etc.) and goals to their Big Sis. This will give a great starting point for the Big Sis. to start thinking of ways to help.

Sistaslick

I wanna be a Big Sis :wave:

But just know that my newbies gone be heatless and protective styling round the clock for the next three months or they're getting cut. :lol:

divinefavor

Sistaslick said:

But just know that my newbies gone be heatless and protective styling round the clock for the next three months or they're getting cut. :lol:

LOL!!!! Girl, you are too funny!!! :lachen:

gabulldawg

What if we already have an idea of who we want our big sis adoptee to be? Should we pm them and ask them if they are interested? Should we wait and see if they post on this thread?

Jaegermany

Miel said:
[/size][/b]

Sounds like a winner!!!!!

Cool- So you should probably set a cut off time for everyone who wants to participate to "check-in" then you can pair everyone up and return with the list.....:p

longhairluva

Sistaslick said:

Well hell can you adopt a not so newbie too.:look: Be prepared to be bombarded mmmmkay.:lol:

MzOptimistic

I'll be a big sis but like another poster said. It's my way or the *fill in the blank*:lol: j/k no I'm not.:look: no heat, no hair being worn down, AT ALL, among other things. That's wus up!

kittenz

I'd like a big sis but I AIN'T WEARING MY HAIR UP!!! This is def. a problem for me because I know how much it would help but this mega doom of mine aint having it. I got a head big enough to house a football game and slicking my hair in bun, french roll of other protective styles I know of just won't work. As stupid as this my sound, the bigger my hair the smaller my head looks (I guess people think my hair is what's making my head "look" big - at least I hope.) And on top of that my nape is torn up (I currently working on this problem area). I know, I'm a problem child. So with all that being said: Anyone wanna adopt me?:angel:

ETA: Braids work for me but they cost money I don't have and although I know how to do them myself I need at least a work off of work to complete the job.

Last edited: