Advice on Professional Hair Dryers Please

Lavendar

Before I ask my question, this is my first thread and would like to thank all of you for your great posts/info and supportiveness. This is a wonderful site and I'm thankful to have found it and you!

My birthday is in a couple of weeks and my husband has agreed to buy me a professonial hood dryer. YAY! I would like to know if there are any recommendations. I have seen the Babyliss Thermal Ionic Dryer and the Pibbs kwik dry 514 by doing a google. The Babyliss is nice but looks kind of small...I will be using orange and purple (jumbo rollers). If anyone has any experience with these or any others, your advice is greatly appreciated.

BTW, I'm strictly looking for a pole dryer...no more confining tabletops for me. :)

Thanks!

H

honey_jammz82

I have been researching as well and I don't think anything compares to the Pibbs kwik dry. I am going to order one on payday, when I go to the salon they always put me under that dryer and it dries my hair really well and quick. I just don't want to pay that much, but I think it is worth it.

lexi08

Go ahead and get the Pibbs. I purchased mine last year, it is definitely worth the money. My sets dry in 30 minutes on low-medium heat.

H

honey_jammz82

nikki1971 said:
Go ahead and get the Pibbs. I purchased mine last year, it is definitely worth the money. My sets dry in 30 minutes on low-medium heat.

Where did you purchase yours?

Ladylynn

nikki1971 said:

I got mine this weekend, and yes, it's great. It was well worth the purchase especially if you are a weekly or bi-weekly roller setter. Check out my post "For those who have used and commented on the Pibbs 514".

Nikki1971, what temperature do you use on your pibbs and what size rollers? Also, how long is your hair? I have found that using the coolest air actually dried out my hair, I'm assuming because the air pressure is so good. I think I got the same effect as going outside when the cold air is blowing. I wish I would have thought about that sooner. I think I need a little heat to dry and remain moisturized. I just don't want to use too much.

lexi08

Ladylynn said:
I got mine this weekend, and yes, it's great. It was well worth the purchase especially if you are a weekly or bi-weekly roller setter. Check out my post "For those who have used and commented on the Pibbs 514".

Nikki1971, what temperature do you use on your pibbs and what size rollers? Also, how long is your hair? I have found that using the coolest air actually dried out my hair, I'm assuming because the air pressure is so good. I think I got the same effect as going outside when the cold air is blowing. I wish I would have thought about that sooner. I think I need a little heat to dry and remain moisturized. I just don't want to use too much.

I usually dry my hair on the 30-40 setting. My hair was collarbone length but I cut it to shoulder so I have used various sized rollers. The largest I have used was purple, I saw no difference in the drying time even with my hair a little shorter. I use mostly red rollers now.

Ladylynn

nikki1971 said:
I usually dry my hair on the 30-40 setting. My hair was collarbone length but I cut it to shoulder so I have used various sized rollers. The largest I have used was purple, I saw no difference in the drying time even with my hair a little shorter. I use mostly red rollers now.

Thanks, that's the setting I was thinking about using.

Ladylynn

Lavendar said:
Thanks ladies for your help! Does anyone know where to purchase a Pibbs in Maryland/No VA?:confused:

I'm from MD and your local Sally's will carry it. They will deliver it two you around 7 business days.

Isis

Lavendar said:
Before I ask my question, this is my first thread and would like to thank all of you for your great posts/info and supportiveness. This is a wonderful site and I'm thankful to have found it and you!

My birthday is in a couple of weeks and my husband has agreed to buy me a professonial hood dryer. YAY! I would like to know if there are any recommendations. I have seen the Babyliss Thermal Ionic Dryer and the Pibbs kwik dry 514 by doing a google. The Babyliss is nice but looks kind of small...I will be using orange and purple (jumbo rollers). If anyone has any experience with these or any others, your advice is greatly appreciated.

BTW, I'm strictly looking for a pole dryer...no more confining tabletops for me. :)

Thanks!
I don't know anything about pole dryers. Just want to say welcome! :wave: