***Afroveda.com--Products & Review****

Eisani

SignatureBeauty has a thread about www.afroveda.com in the Vendor Review Forum, but I decided to post my info here as well about the products I've ordered and used so far. She has great customer service too :grin:. Has anyone else used any of her stuff?

I ordered samples of quite a few things a while back; CoCo Latte Moisturizing Mask(2), Shea-Amla Whipped Butter Cream, NuMilk Neroli Goat Milk Lotion, Curly Custard (2), Shikakai Growth Elixir. I've used everything at least once, with the exception of a complimentary shampoo bar she sent me. She has two listed on her site, but I don't know which one I have, and there's no real scent to it either.

CoCo Latte Moisturizer- like this, use it quite a bit. Works great on wet and dry hair and leaves my hair really soft and nourished. Ingredients: Avocado Butter, Olive Oil, Coconut, Jojoba oil, Ayurvedic Healing Herbs, Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice (Organic),
Almond Oil, Citric Acid, Naturamulse, Glycerin, Palm Stearic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Shea Butter, Silver
Citrate, Tocopherol T-50 (Vitamin E), Distilled Water, and Essential Oil Blend

NuMilk Neroli Goat Milk Lotion- didn't care for the smell and only used once so can't say for sure whether I like it or not. Ingredients: Goat’s Milk, Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba, Rice Bran, Safflower Oil, Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice (Organic),
Almond Oil, Ayurvedic Healing Herbs, Citric Acid, Emulsifying Wax, Glycerin, Palm Stearic Acid, Potassium
Sorbate, Shea Butter, Silver Citrate, Tocopherol T-50 (Vitamin E), Distilled Water, and Essential Oil Blend

Shea-Amla Whipped Butter Cream-I used this for the first time last night (4got I had it) on my twist n curl on dry hair. Sealed w/a bit of JBCO and I absolutely love my hair this morning. It's soft, moist, and lightly scented. This will be a keeper. Ingredients: Shea Butter, Amla Oil, Sesame Oil, Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice (Organic), Ayurvedic Healing Herbs, Tocopherol T-50 (Vitamin E) and Essential Oil Blend Contains Shea Butter, Amla, Sesame, Almond oil, Castor Oil, Aloe
Vera and essential oils of Frankincense and Myrrh

Curly Custard- Meh :ohwell:, just okay for me. I do NOT like the jheri curl look and this is what I got w/this product. My hair still had a wet look when it dried. If you like that sort of thing, this may be for you. Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Organic Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Lemon Oil, Shea Butter, Ayurvedic Healing Herbs, Grapefruit Seed
Extract, Tocopherol T-50 (Vitamin E)

Shikakai Growth Elixir- Haven't used long enough to know if it works or not, but the ingredients include jojoba, shikakai, bhringraj, lavendar, rosemary etc so it's good stuff. You can definitely smell the rosemary and lavendar in this oil, but not extra over powering. Ingredients: Ayurvedic Herbal blend infused in Organic Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil and Sesame Oil, Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice,
Tocopherol T-50 (Vitamin E) and Essential Oil Blend

I just copied and pasted the ingredients from the site, but the actual containers have more ingredient detail.

SignatureBeauty

I forgot to put it my review over here!
LOL!!!! I like the Curly Custard it don't give me the Jherri Curl Look but it enhances my curls I have 4B hair!

The Shea Amla is Great really moisturizes, The Cocoalatte is good to I think I am gonna stick with these 3 Products! I haven't tried the Lotions or Milks, I don't have enough hair to try too many Products LOL!!!

But everything is Better with a little S-curl added LOL!!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Eisani, I thought I told you to quit buyin stuff! You know you have too many products, and you need to send them (including the stuff you just reviewed) to ME!

For real, gimme some! :giggle:

Cassandra1975

***backs out of thread***

must not buy anything else right now

But...what I read on her site DOES sound good. Dang it, Eisani! :wallbash:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
E, how was the shipping? Did it take forever to get your stuff?

Eisani

Eisani, I thought I told you to quit buyin stuff! You know you have too many products, and you need to send them (including the stuff you just reviewed) to ME!

For real, gimme some! :giggle:
Hursh, I ordered this stuff a while back! I told you before, I got you!! I still have some Dove Moisturizing Mist w/your name on it :lachen:
***backs out of thread***

But...what I read on her site DOES sound good. Dang it, Eisani! :wallbash:
:giggle: I'm not a pusher or anything, honest. :angel2: :poke:
E, how was the shipping? Did it take forever to get your stuff?
She shipping costs were reasonable, and it didn't take forever to get my products!

bravenewgirl87

You and Tiffers will hold the economy down, I swear. Thanks for the heads up. As I get further into my transition, I'm looking more into products that style natural hair and gives me curls.

Eisani

Yep, you are! But it's ok. We forgive you. :lachen:

What is this "stash" that tiffers is referring to? I thought I had a lot of products, until I got to LHCF. :drunk:
Stash? What stash? I didn't hear anyone say anything about a stash...you? :look:

Eisani, why are u doing this to me?
Oh no YOU didn't after that Donna Marie post! Thanks to you, I'm ordering that stuff tomorrow so let's just call this payback :grin:

You and Tiffers will hold the economy down, I swear. Thanks for the heads up. As I get further into my transition, I'm looking more into products that style natural hair and gives me curls.
:lachen:Singlehandedly? Beauty knows nothing about a recession! Yea, I need products that keep my hair super moist to ward off excessive breakage. I even revisited Qhemet this week now that I have more natural hair!

would you guys consider the curly custard to be moisturizing.
Hmmmm, IDK...I'd have to use it a few more times to decide. After the first use, I can't say I was wowed by the look or moisture of my hair, but I think I layered it with something (PJ mind slips me). I'll try it again naked and see how it goes.

SignatureBeauty

I use the curly custard and for me i mix it with s-curl to get more moisture, it seems to be more like a styling aide for wash n go, but my hair wasn't hard or crunchy!!

BostonMaria

Yeah it does but Bostonmaria I forgot LOL!!! something with the Indian Language

OK so even if you told me I wouldn't get it anyway LOL :grin:
Spanks!!

I bookmarked their website for future *cough cough* use. Right now I am still waiting for my Hairveda and Shescenit stuff to come in.

Forever in Bloom

Hairveda, Afroveda... my poor wallet

Does "veda" stand for something?

On her website (afroveda.com), she has a little write up on Ayurveda.

Ayurveda is made up of two Sanskrit words: Ayu which means life and Veda which means the knowledge of. To know about life is Ayurveda.

crumbling_images

Totally off the subject..But regarding Gary Sinise, I met him back in '06. He came to our camp on a USO Tour. I shook his hand and got a signed autograph!!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
What gorgeous packaging! So many products, too. I love the website! Thank you for posting!

PuffyBrown

ohh Goody, more shopping!
Happy Holidays!

I haven't tried these products before. I read the forum before I start asking questions....stay tuned.