***Afroveda.com--Products & Review****

MonaLisa

:giggle: I see you in stealth mode over there too :sekret:

I think her site is pretty interesting. Thank Signaturebeauty for giving me the idea to post :grin:!!

Yup! I see you and Priestess buying and looking....I'm peepin too... :lol:

I was trying to read the product descriptions at work and folks kept irritating me asking me to do actual work type stuff...

HERicane10

E! That Afroveda aint no joke! I'm sooooooo in love :drunk: with my CocoLatte and Twisted Ginger-Almond. I've found the best moisture combo EVER! I CO with Hair One Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner & then apply CocoLatte when I'm 80% dry. My hair is ALWAYS moisturized, shiny, & good smelling! I ordered about 7 samples to start with too; and just made a second order for full sized bottles. I can't wait to try her Cran-bheri Gelly in Jan 09. AND she does have awesome customer service and quick email response too!:yep:

Charz

Sinister Minister
OMG the Ashlii Deep Conditioner is the truth! It made my hair so soft after having really hard water at the time, and doing a hardcore protein treatment!

chebaby

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the ashlii amala deep conditioner. it is amazing. and i didnt think it would be so good because its so thin but it is amazing. i will always repurchase that conditioner. and the smell is amazing too.
i also love the cocolatte mask and the curly custard and def. the whippe gelly. i love all that stuff. in about another week i will be placing another order for the 8oz size of the curly custard and cocolatte mask becuase i have the smples. i think i will also get the miss brhee cream and the spray detangler. i want that shampoo bar too but i have about 6 various shampoo bars so idk. i was gonna get the shea amla in the larger size as well but it doesnt do for me what the cocolatte does so i dont think so.

Amari

Has anyone tried
1.Cleansing Herbal Hair Rinse
2.Carrot Seed Poo Bar(I want relaxed ladies to chime in on this!)
3.Cinnament Revitalizing Poo and Condish(I know its for men but the ingredients look :lick:)
4.Ylang Conditioning Poo
How did you all like it?Will you repurchase?

Charz

Sinister Minister
i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the ashlii amala deep conditioner. it is amazing. and i didnt think it would be so good because its so thin but it is amazing. i will always repurchase that conditioner. and the smell is amazing too.
i also love the cocolatte mask and the curly custard and def. the whippe gelly. i love all that stuff. in about another week i will be placing another order for the 8oz size of the curly custard and cocolatte mask becuase i have the smples. i think i will also get the miss brhee cream and the spray detangler. i want that shampoo bar too but i have about 6 various shampoo bars so idk. i was gonna get the shea amla in the larger size as well but it doesnt do for me what the cocolatte does so i dont think so.

I feel the same way about the Deep Conditioner! It worked so well even on my wet hair!

Do the curly custard, shea amla and cocolatte have the same constancy? I really like the curly custard, but I was expecting it to be thicker. And can you compare the smell and constancy of the cocolatte to Oyin's whipped pudding? Are the comparable products?

Does you hair dislike shea butter? I think mine does, so I am considering omitting shea amla butter from my potential next order.

Last edited:

Charz

Sinister Minister
Has anyone tried
1.Cleansing Herbal Hair Rinse
2.Carrot Seed Poo Bar(I want relaxed ladies to chime in on this!)
3.Cinnament Revitalizing Poo and Condish(I know its for men but the ingredients look :lick:)
4.Ylang Conditioning Poo
How did you all like it?Will you repurchase?

I am about to try the rinse in a little, I am letting is steep. But I would think it would be just like any other tea rinse. But I will keep you posted.

Charz

Sinister Minister
I am about to try the rinse in a little, I am letting is steep. But I would think it would be just like any other tea rinse. But I will keep you posted.

The rinse is awesome. I am too lazy to buy all of the powders and herbs and then put them together. My hair felt clean and moisturized. And you only need a teaspoon. Def a keeper.

chebaby

my mom said the replacement oil she sent to me came in the mail today. this si the rice bran oil. it stinks something fierce but i think i like it. its thick like cocasta oil so i guess i will use it up but i dont think i will repurchase.

chebaby

I feel the same way about the Deep Conditioner! It worked so well even on my wet hair!

Do the curly custard, shea amla and cocolatte have the same constancy? I really like the curly custard, but I was expecting it to be thicker. And can you compare the smell and constancy of the cocolatte to Oyin's whipped pudding? Are the comparabley products?

Does you hair dislike shea butter? I think mine does, so I am considering ommiting trying the shea amla butter from my potential next order.
my hair only likes shea butter when its mixed with water and other oils and butters. if used alone it just sits there. the shea amla buttter is ok to me. i have the sample jar and will not repurchase the bigger jar unless it starts to wow me. but for right now its only OK. the cocolatte is amazing. its very moisturizing and the texture is more oily than the other butters. when i open my jar i can see the oil in it and my hair loves oils so i knew this was gonna be a keeper. all the butters have very different textures. the curly custard is the lightest of them all i think. and i think the totally twisted is the thickest and the cocolatte is the oily one. the shea amla has a very nice consistancy, sort of like the curly custard but it just doesnt do much for me.
and the cocolatte does sort of smell like the oyin pudding but i think the cocolatte smells yummier lol. its like they are almost the same but not quite.

beans4reezy

Has anyone tried to order from here recently? The site is closed until September 15. I am dying to try the CocoLatte Moisture Mask...

MichL

I ordered one of the sample packs a week ago I think....let me check...

Okay. I received confirmation that they received my order on August 21st, so hopefully the products will be shipped by Sept 1 (per the website.)

This is my first experience ordering from this company, so we'll see how it goes :)

mj11051

Shea-Amla Whipped Butter Cream-I used this for the first time last night (4got I had it) on my twist n curl on dry hair. Sealed w/a bit of JBCO and I absolutely love my hair this morning. It's soft, moist, and lightly scented. This will be a keeper. Ingredients: Shea Butter, Amla Oil, Sesame Oil, Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice (Organic), Ayurvedic Healing Herbs, Tocopherol T-50 (Vitamin E) and Essential Oil Blend Contains Shea Butter, Amla, Sesame, Almond oil, Castor Oil, Aloe
Vera and essential oils of Frankincense and Myrrh

I bought this one from someone on this board and I absolutely love it for my twist and twist outs.

WantNatural

I ordered on August 18. They were closed for the Bonner Bros show and my ordered shipped on August 25. I got it on August 28 - pretty fast! I ordered the butter sample pack - Cocolatte Mask, Curly Custard, Shea Amla Whipped Cream, and Totally Twisted. The jury's out on the Curly Custard, I don't think I have enough NG to judge by. The Cocolatte Mask is very moisturizing. I used the Shea Amla on my niece's blowdried natural hair, and it left her hair very soft. Haven't tried the Totally Twisted yet.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I bought the sample butter pack as well. I like the Curly Custard for curl definition, but I'm still testing out the other butters, looking for the best moisturizer. There all good, but I'm still not quite sure which one is best for my hair and how to best apply it. I really need to use more for my hair, but I don't want to run out before I can order again.