***Afroveda.com--Products & Review****

chebaby

im still loving her products. i will use the hemp butter tonight for the first time, i got it today. i will use it to do twists and then take them out in the morning.
im really loving the shea amla butter now. it really has grown on me. i got an 8oz jar from someone here but the ingredients are different than my sample. i will use that one and see if i like that one or the sample better.

Charz

Sinister Minister
^ That stuff is the best smelling product. I can't wait till it goes on sale.

Sorry I'm frugal *cough* *cheap*

DO ANY OTHER OF HER CONDITIONERS HAVE SLIP??

Thanx :)

naijamerican

I am bumping this thread to share my own experience with Afroveda (and ask for some suggestions as to what to do :yep:).

At the last sale, I purchased the following:
1. Shea-Amla Whipped Butter Cream
2. Carrot Seed Shampoo Bar
3. CocoLatte Moisture Mask
4. Ashlii Amala Red Raspberry Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
5. NU Milk Neroli Goat Milk Hair Conditioner

I am sorry to say but both the Shea-Amla and CocoLatte Moisture Mask were a no-go for me. The texture is AWESOME!!! I mean, it's truly whipped. However, aloe vera juice is the first ingredient, and it always dries me out. I just don't seem to respond to it very well. :nono:

Now, the carrot seed shampoo bar... that knocked my flippin socks off! :D My hair was so soft and detangled that I literally have never had it feel that way in my entire life.

The NU Milk Neroli Goat Milk Conditioner is another great product. :yep: Even though aloe vera is the first ingredient, since it's being washed out it does seem to impart some of the benefits of aloe vera. Even so, I don't know if I will be repurchasing it.

Okay, and now to the Ashlii Amala Red conditioner... I have to say, I have mixed feelings about this product. On the one hand, my hair felt stronger (I think?) afterwards. On the other hand, I didn't find it to be very moisturizing.

If you have a bad reaction to aloe vera, the leave-ins might not be your friend. The question is... do you guys think I should ask Mala if she would be willing to create a batch of those items without aloe vera? I really think that the products are great, except that that ingredient does not work well for me.

chebaby

these are the products i have:

shea amla
ashlii amala
pur whipped gelly
curly custard
rice bran oil
hemp seed butter
totally twisted butter
cocolatee butter
carrot shampoo bar

i honestly love everything. i only have a sample of the totally twisted and cocolatte but i have 8oz sizes on the way. actually the one product i didnt like was the rice bran oil. i like the texture but the smell wouldnt allow me to continue to use it to see if it made a difference in my hair. the smell is so rank and strong i just could not use it. but everything else is a dream.

my fave producst are the shea amla and the ashlii amala. the ashlii makes my hair sooooo soft and strong at the same time. the shea amla is so darn moisturizing. to me its better than quemets heavy cream.
i used the hemp butter and whipped gelly last night to braid my hair and they turned out so shiny and with a lot of hold. im not used to having hold with my products but i like these. they are all keepers except for that oil.

BostonMaria

I placed an order a few days ago and I'm just waiting for my products to come in. I bought the sample oil pack which contains the Shikakai Growth Oil, SunSilk Citrus Hair Oil, Hibiscus Hair Infusion Oil and the Priti Bodhi Rice Bran Hair Oil. Don't even know what I'm going to do with those oils, but my guess is that I'll experiment. I will add some to my deep conditioner, do a pre-poo, apply to my scap only, for shine, etc.. just to see if my hair reacts to them.

I also ordered the shea amla butter and I'm dying to try it out. I bought the Cocolatte and Totally Twisted almond butter and I love them both. Right now I'm just enjoying the Jasmine's Bath & Body products I received a few days ago.

I highly recommend all of her products. For those that haven't ordered yet, you can get the sample sizes first to see if it agrees with your hair. I have cut down on the vendors I buy from and right now I only buy from Afroveda and Jasmine because of the consistent customer service and quality of product. Dana (Jasmine's) has quicker service, I must admit. I order today and my stuff is shipped sometimes the same day.

Last edited:

Skiggle

I've been on the hunt for products
that will keep my new growth soft and moisturized.
My 4b new growth is thick, dry and always thirsty.:ohwell:

But I think my search has come to an end, I think..

(I'm a PJ at heart.. :angeldevi)

Let's just say...

I
LOVE HER PRODUCTS!:happydance::happydance:

My purchases:
Sample Butter Kit
Carrot Shampoo Bar
Pur Whipped Gelly.

The Shea Alma: INTENSE Moisturizing capabilities, I did a small twist on my transitioning hair at 9pm on Thursday and today its STILL moisturized! (I'm a 4b head.). The smell to me is heavenly. Not too strong. Consistency is very whipped and fluffy! *Plus the little jar was filled to the TOP, Mala is very generous:) * ALL 4's should try this OUT!!!!!! SOFFFFFFFFFFFTNEEESSS!:yep:

The totally twisted ginger almond butter: Again fluffy, nice fresh ginger smell. Gives a nice hold when paired with the whip jelly. Not as mositurizing as the shea alma. But I guess when I'm totally natual I'll use this for my twist, twist out, plaits etc.

The chocolate moisture mask: THE SCENT IS INTENSE! lol The sweet milk chocolate scent stays on your hair forever! I love it though, I secretly want to spoon some on a finger and lick it! But a little goes along way. I globbed on too much and it made my hair feel kinda greasy, a lil goes a long way. I would say it would be a second behind the shea alma for moisture. I haven't used it with the pur whipped gelly yet! Nice fluffly texture, melts into hair quickly.

The Pur whipped Gelly: Smells like vanilla, It has a medium/thin consistency. And when paired with the shea alma and the totally tiwsted ginger butter for a twist, its intensley mositurizing with a light hold. I'm sure a twisout would look bang'n with the combo of these two! I'm not a fan of gel, but this is a keeper. (It doesn't slick down my edges very well though.)

Curly Custard: I haven't tried it yet. I'll update this later.

Shamppo Bar: I havent tried it yet, since I'm getting my kinky twists in today. And my hair is already clean. Has a nice fresh smell and the bar is a gold color. I'll update this part later.

So far I'm SO PLEASED!
:grin:.. I think I found my staples...Hopefully my hair will
go from
:hair:------>:locks:------->:kiss3: as I transition with her products
I'll be trying more of her products next year
or when there is a sale.
Does anyone know if she will have a sale for Black friday?

Last edited:

Tene

I ordered the shea amla whipped butter, totally twisted almond ginger butter, and the pur whipped gelly last week. I can't wait to get my stuff to try out.

werenumber2

Unless Mala's products magically triple in price (I shouldn't even be joking like that), I'll be a steady customer of Afroveda. I just got my second order of Curly Custard and Cocolatte the other day and I'm LOVING her "new" flip-top packaging. I've tried various butters like KBB, Oyin Whipped Pudding, and Shescentit Gillian and they were all disasters for me because they were shea-based. The shea content in CC and Cocolatte is low enough that they don't make my hair a greasy, weighed down mess. Plus, they smell deliciiiiiious. :lick:

PUR Whipped Gelly is another repeat buy for me. Earlier this year, Mala changed the scent to a very heavy rose-jasmine fragrance. A bunch of us on the NC boards ended up with this new batch and didn't like it at all. After an email or two, she actually changed the scent back to that yummy vanilla cream. Now that's some customer service!

rainbowknots

Question for ladies who have tried both Afroveda and Hairveda:

What products rival Sitrinillah and Whipped Cream Hydration (I think that's what it's called) Those 2 are/were my staple products, but after reading some not too great reviews about the customer service, I want to try something new.

DaughterOfZion1

OT:

Supermodelsonya how in the world did you get that GREAT amount of growth in only 8 monthes????? its like you grew out alll your relaxed hair, went natural, and got a nice lil bush going!!

Spill girl spill!! :)

supermodelsonya

OT:

Supermodelsonya how in the world did you get that GREAT amount of growth in only 8 monthes????? its like you grew out alll your relaxed hair, went natural, and got a nice lil bush going!!

Spill girl spill!! :)

I'm actually texlaxed. I was about 2.5 inches from APL when my hair broke off (flat ironing, HIHS hand in hair syndrome, manipulation, etc.)

So I weaved it up since June. That's pretty much it. I learned that less manipulation is best for me. And its working! I'm weaving it up until May 2010. Hopefully I can be APL or somewhere pretty close to it.

Thanks!!!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Question for ladies who have tried both Afroveda and Hairveda:

What products rival Sitrinillah and Whipped Cream Hydration (I think that's what it's called) Those 2 are/were my staple products, but after reading some not too great reviews about the customer service, I want to try something new.

The ashlii amala deep conditioner is very moisturizing. The smell is amazing too. I just don't like the consistency. It's not thick and gets drippy when adding heat. I like all of her butters too for moisture. Cocolatte and Shea Amla would be my faves.

Nouvelle

My favorite products from Afroveda are the Curly Custard and the Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter. They both provide great moisture and hold(for twists and such)for my super dry 3c/4a/4b hair. Can't wait to get the 32oz sizes!

nikki2229

Can you ladies tell me how you are using these products? On wet or dry hair?
I have the SheaAmla and Curling Custard. I also have some Qhemets products but my hair seems stiff and dry after using them. I am using them on wet hair.

How do I use these products for twistouts and such?

TrustMeLove

I bought products around my Dosha..which I don't really get or understand..or actually think is true..

But, I figure that I should try it and if those don't work move on to the other products.

We will see what happens when I receive the products. I hope I like ALL of them and just use them each differently to get different results.

BostonMaria

Just wanted to update this thread since the last time I posted was a year ago. I did try the Afroveda line and I'm hooked! I love all of her butters and so far one 8 oz jar will last me approximately 3-4 months. I give Afroveda 2 thumbs up on good consistent customer service. Right now (11/28/09) I am only using Afroveda and Jasmine's hair products. Well as far as online ordering anyway.

supermodelsonya

I ordered Friday and I'm so excited to use it already. I just took my weave down and will be wearing my hair for the next couple of weeks before I weave it back up again.

TrustMeLove

I know that next time I order if I re order...IF I like the products to do it immediately because shipping takes FOREVER.

mstar

Luxury bacon
I absolutely love everything I've bought from Afroveda. These are my staples:

Miss Bhree Moisturizing Lotion (from the Seven collection). This is a lightweight lotion moisturizer that smells great (apples & cinnamon), absorbs quickly, and doesn't weigh my hair down. I love the texture and the slip. I used this everyday during the summer. Miss Bhree is a little lighter than my other favorite lotion moisturizer, Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion.

Neem+3 Triphala Silk Protein Condititoner: I use this when I want a light protein cowash. It smells HEAVENLY! (and I usually don't like citrus smells, but this one has an herbal scent that makes me happy.) I love the ingredients in this conditioner.

Hibiscus Hair Oil: I didn't really like this as a sealant, but it is the TRUTH as a pre-poo! This oil cleanses and soothes the scalp, and the results are amazing if I use this overnight before I shampoo. I usually need to co-wash every 3 days, but the Hibiscus Oil keeps my scalp happy and itch-free for up to a week. I love the sandalwood & rose scent, it reminds me of Lush Fever.

Shea-Amla Buttercream: This is a very good moisturizer. It's a little heavy, but sometimes heavy is good for my Type 4 hair. Shea-Amla doesn't leave my hair feeling waxy or coated like that Qhemet AOHC junk. :giggle: I much prefer Komaza's Califia moisture cream, but the Shea-Amla is a good product, and I really like the frankincense/myrrh scent.

Khorem King of Tresses Strengthening Serum is the only Afroveda product that I didn't like. I really don't like berry scents, and this smells just like a basket of fresh berries--the scent was overwhelming. I don't know if it works, because I only used it once.

Moringa Supreme Ginseng spray, Holy Basil conditioner, and Coconut Moisture Milk conditioner are next on my list to try.

mstar

Luxury bacon
Another reason I support Afroveda is because she has pretty good customer service, and her packaging and product labels are professional and attractive. Hairveda has awful CS and bootleg packaging, so I no longer support their business.

However, Afroveda's shipping can be high, and they don't offer samples (even when I asked for a sample of the deep coditioner, Mala ignored my request). That kind of pissed me off, so I will only order from her when necessary.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
My favorite product from Afroveda is the Holy Basil Conditioner. I'm so tempted to get the 64oz because it treats my hair right. I used it as a leave it, none of her conditioners work for me as an actual conditioner.

I was ok with the Totally Twisted Ginger Butter but I don't think it was moisturizing enough.

The Carrot Seed Shampoo bar is ok but it tends to strip my hair just a bit. It will probably be ok once I start pre-pooing with oil again.

I just placed and order for more Holy Basil Conditioner and the Cocolatte Moisturizing Mask and I'm about to oder the Hibiscus Oil, the Hair Tea, and maybe the deep conditioner. Is it really worth $21?

Kurlee

My favorite product from Afroveda is the Holy Basil Conditioner. I'm so tempted to get the 64oz because it treats my hair right. I used it as a leave it, none of her conditioners work for me as an actual conditioner.

I was ok with the Totally Twisted Ginger Butter but I don't think it was moisturizing enough.

The Carrot Seed Shampoo bar is ok but it tends to strip my hair just a bit. It will probably be ok once I start pre-pooing with oil again.

I just placed and order for more Holy Basil Conditioner and the Cocolatte Moisturizing Mask and I'm about to oder the Hibiscus Oil, the Hair Tea, and maybe the deep conditioner. Is it really worth $21?
oooooooh tell me more about the cocolatte

cocoagirl

Are any of the conditioners thick like AOHSR? I'm so stuck in thinking thicker formula means better/more moisturizing but I guess that isn't the case? which of the condish's are best for mositurizing?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Purchased the Butter Sample Pack during BF and Have been pleased with what I've tried.:grin: I also wanted to order the Conditioner Sample Pack, but it wasn't available during BF.:ohwell:

I split the Butter(s) with another Poster, I kept the Shea Amla which I like and the Cocolatte (which I haven't opened yet).

Based on the Performance and Smell of the Shea Amla, I could definitely see myself Purchasing this in the Larger Size.:yep: