AIR DRYING AND CRUNCHY HAIR

krissynick

DOES ANYBODY EXPERIENCE THIS IN THEIR HAIR WHEN AIR DRYING... HOW DO YOU PREVENT YOU HAIR FROM BEING HARD AFTER AIR DRYING?

almondjoi85

I hate air drying in the winter. I always end up with a tangled mess. then with oils and moisturizers I feel like a tangled oily mess. I just can't get it right.

nappity

I think that everything boils down to finding the right products. There are some very good leave-ins and if your hair doesnt like oils- My hair only wants oils in conjunction with water. Theres Giovanni Direct leave in that alot of different textured ladies on this board are very happy with. A trick i lolearned from a hairstylist was to not rinse out your final conditioner completely- rinse out about 50% if you are natural and 80% if you are texlaxed or relaxed and then apply leave in to damp hair- not wet hair.

Dogmd

DOES ANYBODY EXPERIENCE THIS IN THEIR HAIR WHEN AIR DRYING... HOW DO YOU PREVENT YOU HAIR FROM BEING HARD AFTER AIR DRYING?

I experienced this until I started taking my iron supplements, I thought it was the wrong products making my hair dry and brittle after washing. I spent a ton of money trying to find the correct products. Well, lo an behold it turned out that I was borderline anemic and 2 weeks after starting my iron supplements, I airdried my hair and it was soft and silky and straight with just minimal product ( leave-in) and a little oil. So...just another view on the subject. You may have the correct products and the correct technique, but if you are deficient in anything internally, your hair will sufffer dramatically.

malibu4590

What I found works for me is:

DC with a mixture of ORS Replenishing Conditioner (in the bottle), glycerin, and Aussie 3-min Miracle on damp hair with heat for 30 mins. Rinse, towel blot dry and add a half dollar of SheaMositure Leave-In.

Measure the ORS, glycerin, and Aussie in your hand til it fills your palm.

Airdry soft hair.

JerriBlank

leave-in conditioner and seal with oil,

This is what changed it for me:yep:
Now when i'm about to get out of the shower,i just spread a nickel sized amount of conditioner in my hair and then get out. I don't rinse it out.
I bought some stuff from Aveda that was "purescribed" for my wax area.When i read the carton and the ingredients,it said that it could be used for the hair as a treatment.Basically,it's just a good infusion of oils.
I out it on my ends,and a little on the dry=prone areas of my hair,tie it down with a silk scarf,and voila!!
MY hair is not dry and puffy and all over the place anymore:nono:
I'm good now!

HoneyDew

I think that everything boils down to finding the right products. There are some very good leave-ins and if your hair doesnt like oils- My hair only wants oils in conjunction with water. Theres Giovanni Direct leave in that alot of different textured ladies on this board are very happy with. A trick i lolearned from a hairstylist was to not rinse out your final conditioner completely- rinse out about 50% if you are natural and 80% if you are texlaxed or relaxed and then apply leave in to damp hair- not wet hair.

I agree. I think the right products make a difference. I used to be able to airdry perfectly soft before Qhemet's Sidr Tree Butter Balm was discontinued. :nono: Her Olive Cream Detangler gives me hard airdried hair. Even if I airdry half the way and blowdry, it still does not turn out the same way. I think finding the right products makes a huge difference. I have about 3 containers of that to finish off before I try something else. When those run out, I am going to see if her Burdock Root Butter Cream results in better airdried hair. It is a amazing on dry hair so I suspect that it will be wonderful on my wet hair.