Ways to dry relaxed hair w/o a hooded dryer?

Mercie

I usually do rollersets and then sit under a hooded dryer but, my dryer recently broke. When I tried the rollerset w/o the dryer my hair was still damp after 6 or so hours.

Are there any other ways I can dry my hair?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
i rollerset with no heat at all. i roll with mesh rollers and 3-4 hours later my hair is dry and very curled when i take them out. maybe its the lotta body i use or the mesh rollers with all those holes.

Mercie

I have heard that mesh rollers make your hair dry faster. I will try to buy a pack.. Is it possible for regular rollers to dry your hair that fast?

Barbie83

When my dryer was unavailable I've used a regular blow-dryer before while in rollers. I just made sure to keep it about 10-12 inches away from my head and constantly move it around. It was definitely a pain in the arse and still took about twice the time, but it got the job done :yep:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I have heard that mesh rollers make your hair dry faster. I will try to buy a pack.. Is it possible for regular rollers to dry your hair that fast?

hell no, i tried. i was so fricken mad when my hair was still wet with regular rollers. the mesh rollers is what you shoulld be workin with :yep:

oh, and make sure you use small sections of hair too, like maybe an inch wide, half inch thick.

Barbie83

Wow, that is a very good idea. What heat setting were using and how long did it take?

I alternated between medium and high I think. Probably took an hour and a half maybe a little longer (my normal dry time is 45 min-1hr)

blessedandlucky

i've tried a couple of different ways since i don't have a hooded dryer. i've airdried in 2 braids and then flatironed. i've found that it's important to make sure i use leave-ins (mop leave-in and jane carter nourish and shine).

i also let it airdry to about 70-80% and then use a blowdryer. (this is what i usually do).

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I was pretty upset too.
Do you need end papers when you use mesh rollers?

no you dont need end papers. its like the the foam rollers, those will soak up all the moisture from your hair if you dont use end papters.

but you can use them if you like. i use a certain way of rollering where my ends our tucked away in between my wet hair,so the roller never touches my ends

Last edited:

Mercie

I decided to just let it air dry. I think it worked out well. My hair is short so it didn't take long to dry. (I let it dry for 3 hours and only the very top was slightly damp)

I was planning on flatironing it but, I was tired. I only flatironed the bang.

The only problem I have with this is putting moisture back into the hair. I put into bantu knots after I moisturized.. I don't think I will do that again until my hair gets longer. I clipped it up because, I didn't like how it looked.

Thank you for all the ideas and help. :grin:

Attachments

• P1060190.JPG
    P1060190.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 14
  • P1060201.JPG
    P1060201.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 14
  • P1060202.JPG
    P1060202.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 14
  • P1060207.JPG
    P1060207.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 13

leigh.hill

We have about the same length hair and goal. I air dry my hair with a scarf just about every night. It works out well. I watched a couple of youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj73YI8vBUA

The only thing I do differently is that I mold my hair the way that I want it to be styled. For instance, I have a bang like you so instead of combing my hair back, I part my hair for a bang and lightly brush that hair to the side (kind of like the beginning part of a wrap). Also, I lightly brush my hair straight (very lightly - no breakage). In the morning, it is like I dried my hair with a blowdryer. I add moisture and seal with my hair is 70% dry before I go to bed.