All those little hairs...smh

MaryJane3000

For the record, I have horrible hand in hair syndrome, it's like a stress reliever for me and I'm trying to correct it, but so far I'm not having much luck. I think that I just need to keep my hair covered when i get home, but I digress. right now I have three different textures going on in my head. Relaxed bone straight, texlaxed, and new growth. The texlaxed wasn't on purpose but I'm still going to stretch before I get my corrective relaxer done. So i've noticed that whenever I have newgrowth and I put my jbco on my scalp, I find a lot of little hairs when I run my hands through my hair. My hair felt great the first two days after I washed it and right now I just finished moisturizing and sealing, the best I can when i have a rollerset, but I'm remembering that I always get a lot of little hair when i rollerset, although when i wash again, I don't notice any noticeable breakage or damage.

I try and tell myself that its just shed hair and that the little pieces are broken off from the shed hair. Does anyone else have this experience with rollersetting? When it gets warmer i think I'm going to wet bun 3 weeks out the month and rollerset one week, because I notice that I dont have these little hairs when i airdry.

So yea does anyone else experience this? Or am i the only one?

MaryJane3000

soooo i guess everyone has perfect rollersets with no little broken hairs?? if thats the case how do you do it?

sharifeh

I had this problem too roller setting and I was told

I noticed "broken" hairs too at first, I was told that they are actually the "new" hairs growing in your hair's natural growth cycle. Because they were too short to curl around the rollers they dried standing up instead of naturally lying down and blending in with the rest of your hair. I see them all the time and my hair is not thinner at all. I would just keep an eye on it.

So apparently it could be breakage but it can also just be new strands and you say you have a lot, how much is a lot?

Theresamonet

I don't have this problem, but it sounds like rollersets may be too much manipulation for your hair and is causing it to break. I can't speak on it any furthur because I don't know your regimen or rollersetting process. If you give this info maybe I or someone else will be able to be of more assistance to you.

Christelyn

About a year ago I tried to roller set my natural, 4a hair and had major breaks. I just couldn't do it. I had to try some other style...I wish it would have worked for me, but alas...

MaryJane3000

This last time I henna'ed, cowashed and then I applied this coconut oil leave in spray,my redken real control leave in, and then I used my keracare foam setting lotion.

MaryJane3000

I had this problem too roller setting and I was told

So apparently it could be breakage but it can also just be new strands and you say you have a lot, how much is a lot?

For whatever reason i just saw your post, but I mean its not too much, if I were to put it together it'd be less than half a handful and I dont notice my hair getting any thinner either, so maybe you're on to something. Thanks! :grin: