Allow me to introduce myself...

Cool, I was going to recommend moisture block by sabino if you havent heard of it already.

Wow..I watched the youtube vid on the priduct and my hair is just like the little girls....I'll have to run into Trade Secret today and pick some up..

Thanks Ladies...I'm so excited about joining I'm going to start a fotki tonight...I'm also going to attempt to straighten my hair tonight with my new FHI...(my maxi glide broke)..So i'll be taking and posting pics

Hey Dauntless...welcome. Not only will you learn more than you ever wanted to know about your hair, but you'll learn how to care for your kid's hair too! The whole family's covered! Welcome again! :)

Just by looking at your hair, you seem to already be a pro--but we look forward to your input. :bounceline:

Last edited:
hello pretty lady...wow sounds like you have been lurking for a while, lol! what didnt you like about the chi products? also, i would have to second the sabino MB, try going to the website and contacting them to get a sample. i will definitely have to get some makeup/skin care tips from you. hope you stick around and like what LHCF has to offer!

Yes I lurked alot in 2007...but then I started working 2 jobs and I was pregnant so I had no more time to lurk :(..Now that I'm on maternity leave I came across the site again and decided I must join and interact with grown folk on some level ( since I'm seculded to the house with the baby) so may as well interact about hair and skin care my fave topics...I'm also excited to see all the other sub forums that you dn't see as a lurker...lol..especially the pregnancy and Motherhood....

I used the Chi Straight Guard and I didn't like it AT ALL....it must of have alot of alcohol in it because my hair felt really dry and nasty...I took it right back....

Also I just got a FHI but I'm really missing my Maxi Glide...I had the Maxi for probably almost a year and I loved the fact that the steam helped my hair to feel moist after straightening..Well I didn't use heat on my hair for along time and I moved and I went to use my Maxi and the water was leaking all over me....So I gave up on it and bought a FHI...I'm not sure if the Maxi was damaged in the move or if this is a common flaw....I've used the FHI twice and without the steam that I was so used to I now feel like I'm damaging my hair....I'm considering getting another Maxi but not if they are defective and break easily....I saw a Conair Steam Flat Iron on a infomercial anyone tried it?

Hello All!!! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself...I'm a 23 y/o mother of two( 4 year old and 7 week old), engaged to my high school sweetheart, studying Radiology and Nuclear Medicine and working as a Beauty Advisor/ Make Up Artist for Elizabeth Arden.

I'm not sure what my exact hair type is but I've been growing it out for the past year and I'm almost at WSL strecthed, I've never had a relaxer but alot of set backs from dye, bleaching and heat damage. I'm excited to learn, share and chat about hair, skin care and make up so lets get to it:look:

Shine Brightly!:grin:

You go, girl! :grin: Welcome!

I used the Chi Straight Guard and I didn't like it AT ALL....it must of have alot of alcohol in it because my hair felt really dry and nasty...I took it right back....
oh i felt the same way. i am in love with the silk infusion but the other products are a no-no.

Awww Thanks Shunta :)....Yea the Chi Silk Infusion is great.. The Chi Infra Shampoo is decent as well...the Chi Infra Treatment..nothing special

Ok so my damn digi cam broke and I can't update pics on to my fotki...So I only have old pics up :(..I have a newborn son and this is the second digi cam I've broken since he has been born :(...I guess I take too mnay pics too fast..lol...I will be purchasing a better quality cam very soon and updating it very soon. ..In the mean time feel free to check out what i DO HAVE

I also can't find Sabino Moisture Block in my local trade secret :(..Where else can I purchase?

Check e-bay. Peninsula Beauty is an online store that also sells it, and there's a discount code in the discount sticky for the site.

Back