Allow me to introduce myself :)

MissShawna

Hi Ladies,

I joined this forum a couple of years ago, but never really felt I could post because I didn't know anything about hair care. I basically was wearing weaves or relaxing my (whole) head when not in weaves. :wallbash:

Anyways, I got married in the summer of last year to my SO I was with for 12 years (!!!), and then shortly after the wedding found out I was pregnant (and had to go on best rest because of the pregnancy). Anyways, long story short, during my time on bedrest before the baby, I had a chance to rediscover my hair and this forum, since I couldn't leave the house. Due to necessity I have become a DIY'er and it's now been eight months or so since my last perm.

Now that I see that it is possible to grow my own hair and not be dependent on the creamy crack, my goal is to grow hair down to waistlength by wearing my weaves as a protective style (something I had no idea about before. My hair is currently at APL. I attached a pic of me in my latest self installed weave (and the munchkin I'm holding is my son). I plan to keep it until September.

Sorry for the long post but just thought I'd say hi!

Attachments

• DSC00937.jpg
    DSC00937.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 98
I am glad to see you back and that you have had the time to see what you could really do with your own hair.... nice baby

Back