Aloe for hair growth and thickening...

Empress Yahudah

This was taken from http://www.mauritasaloevera.com/Aloe-Hair.htm

Aloe vera is the best treatment for the hair loss. Most of the people are using aloe vera products for centuries which maintain their healthy and thick hair. Aloe vera gel is applied on the hair and scalp in order to prevent hair loss. Aloe vera contains the enzyme which is helpful in stimulating the growth of new hair. Aloe vera also consists of anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial in fighting against Androgenetic Alopecia and prevents hair loss. Aloe vera protects the scalp and hair from being damage from any disease.
Most of the people think that there is no such product which can help in reducing hairs. The people spend too much money on various hair products and all the products provide no positive results and some also contain side effects. So, aloe vera is treated as the magic substance for the growth of hairs.

Aloe vera is used in various products for the hair growth like shampoos and conditioners and even in hair oils. One can use a soft shampoo and conditioner on the hairs and massage it on a scalp and hair regularly to prevent from hair loss and dandruff. Massaging shampoos on the scalp will increase the circulation of the blood in the scalp and avoids excessive mental labor and stress.

Native Americans, Aloe VeraIndians and Caribbeans have been using aloe vera since ages for the promotion of healthy hair and prevent the hairs from loss. Aloe vera heals the scalp from inside and balances the pH of the scalp and is also beneficial for cleaning of the pores. Aloe vera gel with coconut milk mixed with the small amount of wheat germ oil and is used as a shampoo and provides excellent results to many people.
Aloe vera shampoos and conditioners contain the perfect combination of natural oils, shea butter, herbal extracts and vitamins. These products of aloe vera are suitable for all types of hair like dry, normal, thin and oily.
Each shampoo and conditioner is formulated without petroleum-based ingredients or alcohol and is pH balanced. Aloe jojoba shampoo moisturizes, cleans and nourishes the hair and gives a soft and healthy shine to the hairs. These products can be applied daily and conditioner should also be applied on the hairs to prevent hair loss and makes the hair soft.

So, aloe vera is very useful for the growth of hairs, preventing hair loss and gives shine and softness to the hairs.

Yellowflowers

This is a great post. Cathy Howse uses aloe vera protein in her hair conditioner and a lot of her customers have had very good results with it..

Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I think I'm going to get me an Aloe Vera plant as well. I have one stubburn grey hair in the front of my hairline that won't go away for nothing, everytime I pluck it, it come back in force,lol. I have however been taking the Aloe Vera Capsules 2x day for the past 6mos and although it hasn't stop this one grey hair from popping up:wallbash: it has help heal my itchy scalp. Hmmm wondering if the gel will thicken my hairline

Empress Yahudah

I wonder if 100% pure aloe vera is more affective then the regular aloe vera gel.

Aubrey's Organics makes 100% pure aloe vera gel (its a liquid not a gel although it says gel) for topical use and the only other ingredients are citrus seed extract, vitamins A, C and E to preserve it. You dont have to refrigerate it after opening if u dont want to but it says u can refrigerate for better results.

Im thinking this is the best way if u didnt want to go get a plant and its probably more affective since u dont have all those other ingredients that most gels have which may have a small percentage of the actual aloe vera.

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

I recently got some Aloe leaves after viewing this thread. Could you believe that I got the Last 2 when I went to the Grocery Store?:lachen:Lurkers??:grin:

Anyways, I've been using a mix of the jelly and 1 beaten Egg and putting them in my moisturizing conditioners. I'm trying not to buy so many products and I taught this was a good way to go. I tried the treatment and left it on my hair for 1hr as a pre poo and then shampooed. My hair felt stronger and my breakage has decreased considerably.

SoSweet08

I wonder if 100% pure aloe vera is more affective then the regular aloe vera gel.

Aubrey's Organics makes 100% pure aloe vera gel (its a liquid not a gel although it says gel) for topical use and the only other ingredients are citrus seed extract, vitamins A, C and E to preserve it. You dont have to refrigerate it after opening if u dont want to but it says u can refrigerate for better results.

Im thinking this is the best way if u didnt want to go get a plant and its probably more affective since u dont have all those other ingredients that most gels have which may have a small percentage of the actual aloe vera.

Oh wow I didn't know this thread was still going. I wonder the same thing though, does 100% aloe make it better......hmmm.....:scratchch:sekret:

Empress Yahudah

Oh wow I didn't know this thread was still going. I wonder the same thing though, does 100% aloe make it better......hmmm.....:scratchch:sekret:
Yeah that one is liquid in a bottle not a jelly like sustance. Its in its natural form like just extracting it from the leaf and bottle without all the other stuff that is added to make it gell like.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Im loving using the Aloe Leaf. The store bought Aloe Vera Left my hair dry and stiff. I washed my hair this week and it felt so much thicker.

lilamae

a friend of a friend who has really long hair says it got that way by drinking organic aloe vera juice. I'm gonna try the gel on my hair:yep: and maybe try the juice too.:look:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I eat aloes every morning but I've never put it on my hair. I'll have to try that sometime.

LadyPaniolo

OK, well this thread inspired me! So I bought a 32 oz bottle of 99% pure aloe gel from Puritan's Pride. It's meant to be taken internally as a supplement. It was on sale, and I paid $4 and change for it.

I put some on my hair right away. I have one C&G braid that came undone and I used that one as the test subject. The aloe vera gave great slip and took several minutes to sink in. The hair is puffier, has more volume than before, but it didn't curl up as much as I expected. The hair feels smooth and very conditioned. I'll definately be putting this on my hair regularly.

The real treat came when I used it on skin. My skin is already looking amazing from taking B-50 complex from Puritan's Pride. But after I put the aloe gel on... :love: :clapping: :dance7: Can you say daily staple!!! :bouncegre:

My DD2.5 has this weird crusty stuff on her knees that just won't go away. I immediately put the aloe on her knees. It sinks right into the skin, it doesn't sit on top like other products do. When I changed her diaper a few hours later, her knees felt so soft on that crusty part. I'm gonna put this on her at every diaper change, and I'm willing to bet those crusty patches will go away. I'll update this thread to let you guys know!

This product gets a ginormous thumbs up from me!!! :up: :up: :thumbsup:

BrownBetty

OK, well this thread inspired me! So I bought a 32 oz bottle of 99% pure aloe gel from Puritan's Pride. It's meant to be taken internally as a supplement. It was on sale, and I paid $4 and change for it.

I put some on my hair right away. I have one C&G braid that came undone and I used that one as the test subject. The aloe vera gave great slip and took several minutes to sink in. The hair is puffier, has more volume than before, but it didn't curl up as much as I expected. The hair feels smooth and very conditioned. I'll definately be putting this on my hair regularly.

The real treat came when I used it on skin. My skin is already looking amazing from taking B-50 complex from Puritan's Pride. But after I put the aloe gel on... :love: :clapping: :dance7: Can you say daily staple!!! :bouncegre:

My DD2.5 has this weird crusty stuff on her knees that just won't go away. I immediately put the aloe on her knees. It sinks right into the skin, it doesn't sit on top like other products do. When I changed her diaper a few hours later, her knees felt so soft on that crusty part. I'm gonna put this on her at every diaper change, and I'm willing to bet those crusty patches will go away. I'll update this thread to let you guys know!

This product gets a ginormous thumbs up from me!!! :up: :up: :thumbsup:

Is this the one you bought:
http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=65C67D3AB3834565A26E2C916962092E&PID=391&CID=&CPID=305

adw425

This thread inspired me to start using aloe vera in my hair daily. First of all, I use food grade aloe vera drink/juice and gel, as stated in my first post in this thread, from either the Vitamin Shoppe, Puritan's Pride or Swanson's Health. I add it to my goji and take once a day as a supplement, but I have been doing that awhile now.

For my hair, I mix the drink or gel into my conditioner mixes weekly. I mix with my VO5 honeydew smoothie for con-washes. I mix the drink with my shikakai hair mist and spray on my hair and let it marinade in my hair for a half hour to an hour and rinse when I do not feel like doing a full-out con-wash. I mix it with my leave-in nightly. I have been using a creamy leave-in lately and I just mix the gel and the leave-in in the palm of my hand and smooth through my hair.

I got rid of my other scalp concoctions and my new one consists of: four ounces of aloe vera gel and eight ounces of avocado, coconut, camellia, castor and olive oils in a 12-ounce applicator bottle. When I use this, I get a nice scalp-rush that I feel for several minutes. On the nights I do not use the oil/AVG mix, I apply the gel straight to my scalp in an applicator bottle. I switch up every other night.

My hair is not tangled anymore after my conditoner only washes and it is super shiny (sealing with ghee, though, has alot to do with the shine as well) these days to the point that I get compliments almost every day now on my hair. After I workout, my sweat-soaked hair no longer frizzes. Now, when it did frizz, all I did was brush it back once with a boar bristled brush for it to lie back down and stay there, but I don't need to do that anymore. I honestly cannot believe that this is my hair. I believe it also contributes to the silky-feel of my hair. Too, my hair just feels lush and healthy. I've only been using aloe vera for a few weeks now, but it is the absolutely the single best hair "product" that I have tried over the last three years out of what seems like hundreds of products (shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, oils, butters, masks, treatments, etc.) I have tried.

Soliel185

I :love: Aloe!! I started buying 100% pure Aloe Vera Gelly at a health good store near my house. I think it's Lily of the Desert Brand - about $7.00 for 32oz. It's the consistancy of semi-formed jello - lots of liquid with big jelly-like chunks - and completely clear. It has no odor, but I noticed that it can leave my hands a little sticky feeling.

I use it as a base for my moisture spray - I have a spray bottle that I fill half with Aloe, another 1/4 with glycerine - then add some SAA, maybe alittle infusium, and filtered water. I top it all off with a few drops of grapefruit EO for scent. I use it for everything, detangling, rollersetting, moisturizing the whole nine. It definitely makes my hair feel very moisturized, and it leaves a deep sheen to my hair - not like an oily shine, but a sheen that seems to come with the hair itself. This is def a staple for me. After reading this thread I may try it on my skin as well. :yep:

It~Can~Grow

Is this the one you purchased:

I :love: Aloe!! I started buying 100% pure Aloe Vera Gelly at a health good store near my house. I think it's Lily of the Desert Brand - about $7.00 for 32oz. It's the consistancy of semi-formed jello - lots of liquid with big jelly-like chunks - and completely clear. It has no odor, but I noticed that it can leave my hands a little sticky feeling.

I use it as a base for my moisture spray - I have a spray bottle that I fill half with Aloe, another 1/4 with glycerine - then add some SAA, maybe alittle infusium, and filtered water. I top it all off with a few drops of grapefruit EO for scent. I use it for everything, detangling, rollersetting, moisturizing the whole nine. It definitely makes my hair feel very moisturized, and it leaves a deep sheen to my hair - not like an oily shine, but a sheen that seems to come with the hair itself. This is def a staple for me. After reading this thread I may try it on my skin as well. :yep:

Traycee

This was taken from http://www.mauritasaloevera.com/Aloe-Hair.htm

Aloe vera is the best treatment for the hair loss. Most of the people are using aloe vera products for centuries which maintain their healthy and thick hair. Aloe vera gel is applied on the hair and scalp in order to prevent hair loss. Aloe vera contains the enzyme which is helpful in stimulating the growth of new hair. Aloe vera also consists of anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial in fighting against Androgenetic Alopecia and prevents hair loss. Aloe vera protects the scalp and hair from being damage from any disease.
Most of the people think that there is no such product which can help in reducing hairs. The people spend too much money on various hair products and all the products provide no positive results and some also contain side effects. So, aloe vera is treated as the magic substance for the growth of hairs.

Aloe vera is used in various products for the hair growth like shampoos and conditioners and even in hair oils. One can use a soft shampoo and conditioner on the hairs and massage it on a scalp and hair regularly to prevent from hair loss and dandruff. Massaging shampoos on the scalp will increase the circulation of the blood in the scalp and avoids excessive mental labor and stress.

Native Americans, Aloe VeraIndians and Caribbeans have been using aloe vera since ages for the promotion of healthy hair and prevent the hairs from loss. Aloe vera heals the scalp from inside and balances the pH of the scalp and is also beneficial for cleaning of the pores. Aloe vera gel with coconut milk mixed with the small amount of wheat germ oil and is used as a shampoo and provides excellent results to many people.
Aloe vera shampoos and conditioners contain the perfect combination of natural oils, shea butter, herbal extracts and vitamins. These products of aloe vera are suitable for all types of hair like dry, normal, thin and oily.
Each shampoo and conditioner is formulated without petroleum-based ingredients or alcohol and is pH balanced. Aloe jojoba shampoo moisturizes, cleans and nourishes the hair and gives a soft and healthy shine to the hairs. These products can be applied daily and conditioner should also be applied on the hairs to prevent hair loss and makes the hair soft.

So, aloe vera is very useful for the growth of hairs, preventing hair loss and gives shine and softness to the hairs.

Wow!!!...........Today a white lady told me she puts it on her scalp nightly..for growth and it made her thin hair thick..I was thinking yeah ok....This sounds like it worth trying...I will be doing some more research on this one

drasgrl

Wow. I've had an aloe plant for years I knew it was good for cuts and burns and all. I just use the FOTE Aloe vera Gel I get at Walmart and use it to moisturize my ends I've never put it on my scalp. Maybe I'll break off a few leaves and try it. But I think I'd just rather buy some juice at the store since it's less work getting the juice out. I've tried drinking it years ago but stopped maybe I'll start drinking it again.

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

Yup, that's the one! I applied it to my scalp after I had posted earlier. Now my new growth is so soft, I can't believe it.

And it really helped to control the itchiness from the Kanekalon (I was too lazy to take off the alkaline base this time, and I'm paying for it now! :sad: ) I felt a cool refreshing sensation all over my scalp, and I gave myself a scalp massage with it. Ahhhh....... I'll be doing this daily for sure!

Traycee

Yup, that's the one! I applied it to my scalp after I had posted earlier. Now my new growth is so soft, I can't believe it.

And it really helped to control the itchiness from the Kanekalon (I was too lazy to take off the alkaline base this time, and I'm paying for it now! :sad: ) I felt a cool refreshing sensation all over my scalp, and I gave myself a scalp massage with it. Ahhhh....... I'll be doing this daily for sure!

Wow!!! I'm so excited about trying this tonight....First natural oils..now aloe vera...I've wasted so much money over the years...God put everything we needed right here. I'm so glad I found you guys!!!

gn1g

I've been using it an I think it's making a difference give me about another month.

I bought a king leaf for .79 cent and I love using it!

Soliel185

Is this the one you purchased:

Mm - no. The label looks the same, but the bottle is wrong. I think mine is the dietary supplement version of this. It's the same brand but it comes in a dark brown plastic bottle. I'm sure that this would be just as good though.

Empress Yahudah

What do the experts think about this from FNWL...is this 100% (or as close as we can get)? I read that pure gel is not in a gelly like form?

Organic Aloe Vera Gel 1:1

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/product.asp?product_id=othaloe&searchflag=1
That is a good one but it u have a health food store or vitamin shoppe near u can get it there instead of paying s/h. U'll get more for ur money too. I use food grade pure aloe lily of the dessert aloe juice(inner fillet).

It~Can~Grow

That is a good one but it u have a health food store or vitamin shoppe near u can get it there instead of paying s/h

I went to whole foods and they had an aloe vera of sorts, but none were organic they had several other ingredients and on average were about 85% aloe vera and all were the gelly type.

I wish I would have found because the ups guy is starting to think I'm running some sort of trafficing business from my home.

I'm getting packages everyday it seems.

I think my ups guy finally grew tired, I was tracking a package that was to be delivered on Tuesday, when I got home it wasnt there so I went online and there was an exception stating a road was out and "I" requested the package be held until further notice:drunk:?

Needless to say I contacted the vendor - then UPS and they guy delivered (w/other package :look:) the next day...he kinda threw it on the front stoup.

I felt like saying if you don't like your job I CAN do business with companies that utilize DHL or FedX???

How bout that :grin:

Last edited:

Soliel185

That's why I get the dietary supplement - it doesn't smell ( some of them have a chemical or menthol smell) and it's dietary quality, so anything they add in there won't kill you. And I figure if I can ingest it it's probably fine to put in my hair - that rule doesn't apply to EVERYTHING, but most fruits, nuts, berries, and vegetables you buy can be mashed up and slapped on your scalp. :lachen:

I like that mine is a liquid, b/c I can get it out of a spray bottle with no problems, and it mixes easily w pretty much anything.

kweenameena

this thread made me go purchase a plant from walmart for like $2.
But now I'll have to go and get the liquid.

How do you eat aloe? someone mentioned that they eat it. Do you just pop off a piece and eat the "meat" inside?? I'm curious