OMG!Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in Treatment May Replace My Holy-grail Giovanni Direct!

SherryLove

Let me tell you, ladies, I never ever envisioned another product being able to replace my holy-grail leave-in conditioner Giovanni Direct Leave-in (which I have been using for a little over ten years now) until I discovered Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in treatment.

As I was recently browsing through some haircare articles on longhairlovers.com, I decided to check out their new haircare products. What made the products stand out to me were some of their ingredients: organic aloe vera, organic shea butter, panthenol, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil, emu oil, and essential oils of thyme, lavender, rosemary and cedarwood. What a bunch of haircare goodies I thought to myself. The products that really caught my eyes were the shampoo bar, shea-mu butter, and the leave-in treatment. I decided to purchase the shampoo bar and the leave-in treatment from www.growbeautifulhair.com which was selling the products slightly cheaper than longhairlovers.com was. I wanted to purchase the shea-mu butter as well, but I just could not bring myself to pay $34 for only two ounces worth of product.

I received the shampoo bar and leave-in treatment in less than a week. I could not wait to try the leave-in the treatment. As she was applying the new product to my hair this morning, my hair dresser remarked, "Oooh, I like this better. It goes on smoother and makes your hair much softer, Mami." Now I really coud not wait to see how my hair would look and feel after I removed the rollers. Well, ladies, my hair was much softer and silkier than it isually is and felt stronger at the same time. I will give this product a three-month trial period to see how my hair continues to respond to it. And, if all goes well, I may very well dtich my holy-grail Giovanni Direct and replace it with my new holy-grail Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in. Or maybe I will continue to use both of them... who knows.....

Longhairlovers Luxe
Healthy Hair Leave-in Conditioner
The best hair conditioner for frizzy hair
Our leave in hair and scalp conditioner is the best conditioner for frizzy hair. Organic aloe vera juice for hair growth naturally protects hair from the environment, while natural proteins and fatty acids strengthen the hair shaft. Contains our patent-pending emu oil and essential oil hair treatment formula to encourage faster, healthier hair growth.

Ingredients: organic aloe vera gel, water, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, wheat oligosaccharides, panthenol, emu oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, hyaluronic acid, sorbitol, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, organic rosemary essential oil, organic lavender essential oil, organic thyme essential oil, organic cedarwood essential oil, organic orange essential oil, tocopherol, dehydroacetic acid, benzyl alcohol.

Longhairlovers Luxe
Shea-mu Hair Butter
How to grow long hair faster & healthier
Shea-mu Hair Butter contains our highest concentration of patent-pending emu oil and essential oil formula to grow long hair faster and healthier. The natural fatty acids in Shea Butter & Hemp Seed Oil add luster to dry, brittle, slow-growing hair, while Natural Vitamin E fends off free radicals and protects the hair and scalp from harmful environmental factors. Added Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5) actually penetrates the hair shaft to strengthen hair from the inside out.

Ingredients: Unrefined Organic Shea Butter; Triple Refined Emu Oil; Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil; Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5); Organic Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender, Cedarwood & Sweet Orange Essential Oils; Filtered Beeswax; Natural Vitamin E.

Longhairlovers Luxe
Shea-mu Solid Organic Shampoo
The Best Natural Shampoo Bar For Dry Hair

Longhairlovers Shea-mu Solid Organic Shampoo is a moisturizing natural shampoo bar that's great for dry hair. That's because our formula offers a healthy hair twist on traditional solid soap shampoos.

For one thing, our solid organic shampoo bar is transparent, which means it's extra mild and fortified with hydrating glycerine. It leaves hair's natural oils in place since it's sulfate-free (that means no detergents). It contains natural healing oils & essential oils that nourish the hair and scalp. And it's completely biodegradable with minimal packaging to pollute the earth.

All-in-all, it's the perfect combination for people with extra dry or processed hair who don't want to worry about spills when traveling and who are concerned with keeping plastic bottles out of landfills.

Ingredients: Organic saponified oils of Palm, Coconut, Castor, & Shea (Fair Trade Certified); Emu Oil; Distilled Water; Palm Stearic Acid; DL-Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5); Hydrolized Wheat Protein; Glycerin (Glycerine); Organic Apple Cider Vinegar; Sucrose; Ethanol; Natural Vitamin E; Organic Essential Oils of Thyme Rosemary, Lavender and Cedarwood.

Honi

There is no board.
Re: OMG!Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in Treatment May Replace My Holy-grail Giovanni Dir

:cry: Awwww Sherry! Say it ain't so! You are the one that turned my on to Giovanni Direct! Now I gotta go check it out :user:. See what you made me done did? :lachen:

Eisani

Re: OMG!Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in Treatment May Replace My Holy-grail Giovanni Dir

WTF???? $400 for4 oz of hair oil?! They seriously need to *********.

SherryLove

:cry: Awwww Sherry! Say it ain't so! You are the one that turned my on to Giovanni Direct! Now I gotta go check it out :user:. See what you made me done did? :lachen:

Hey there, Honi... Hope all is well with you...smile... Lord knows I do not want to cause any trouble, but I jut could not help sharing this.. I am slightly traumatized over this as well... LOL.... But I may very well jut switch up between the both of them from time to time ....

take care for now.

Luscious Locks

this ingredients list has me all hot and heavy. the panthenol and wheat protein is calling my hair's name!!!

SherryLove

this ingredients list has me all hot and heavy. the panthenol and wheat protein is calling my hair's name!!!

yep, i am sitting here with pretty big hair now; and i think it is due to the combo of the panthenol and the wheat protein...

Keen

OMG, I'm so glad to see you back posting. You're the only one I ever stalk. Now let me go back and read your long post.

*fabulosity*

WTF???? $400 for4 oz of hair oil?! They seriously need to *********.

How did I know you'd be here...:lachen::lachen:

Seriously HBFF.. we need to share this...lmao! I'm twitching... I love leave ins... like you love conditioner.

Eisani

How did I know you'd be here...:lachen::lachen:

Seriously HBFF.. we need to share this...lmao! I'm twitching... I love leave ins... like you love conditioner.
Yea flippin right...and what happens if neither of us like the products??

vslady

Aww SL, my first hair idol. It's nice to see you on the board again. Luckily for me (or not :look:) I'm in the No Buy Challenge so will pass for now. Keep us posted on whether this continues to be a Hit.

SherryLove

Aww SL, my first hair idol. It's nice to see you on the board again. Luckily for me (or not :look:) I'm in the No Buy Challenge so will pass for now. Keep us posted on whether this continues to be a Hit.

Hey vslady, I will definitely keep you postedl... smile

tatambabyy

:blush:
covers eyes and leaves thread.

JJamiah

$400, no way no how never in a million years. That is crazy! This oil better have hands that wash my hair and style it as well. Matter fact I better put one drop on and my hair better be styled. These better be some MAGIC drops. MY goodness. Talk about taking advantage.

newflowers

The ingredient list has me all hot and bothered. I've been searching and reading reviews for the last 30ish minutes. I have so many products and just received a big order from Polly's. BUT I will definitely try this - I want the whole system. Please post regularing with updates. I would really like to know what you think over time.

SherryLove

The ingredient list has me all hot and bothered. I've been searching and reading reviews for the last 30ish minutes. I have so many products and just received a big order from Polly's. BUT I will definitely try this - I want the whole system. Please post regularing with updates. I would really like to know what you think over time.

I will definitely keep everyone here posted.. enjoy your new products....smile.....

niesy942

I am an extreme PJ and I just found my bottle of Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in Treatment in the dark recesses of my PJ cabinet :perplexed. I decided to use it after I co-wash with the Longhairlovers Luxe Therapeutic Conditioner. It feels great on my natural 4b TWA...real soft hair I've never tried any of the Giovanni products to compare against this, but so far, so good with the Longhairlovers conditioners.

As far as the "Rare Oil" is concerned, ain't no way, no how I'm THAT big of a PJ!:wallbash:

danigurl18

I really want some but the Giovanni direct seems more in my price range...

newflowers

I like the idea of the rare oil, and the ingredients used to make it are expensive - I checked. I'll bet it would be possible to blend a very similar oil myself for significantly less - still expensive - but less than $400.

SherryLove

I am an extreme PJ and I just found my bottle of Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in Treatment in the dark recesses of my PJ cabinet :perplexed. I decided to use it after I co-wash with the Longhairlovers Luxe Therapeutic Conditioner. It feels great on my natural 4b TWA...real soft hair I've never tried any of the Giovanni products to compare against this, but so far, so good with the Longhairlovers conditioners.

As far as the "Rare Oil" is concerned, ain't no way, no how I'm THAT big of a PJ!:wallbash:

Hey niesy.. that's good to hear that these products work on natural hair as well... smile....

SherryLove

I really want some but the Giovanni direct seems more in my price range...

danigurl - i hear you on the price thing...

newflowers - let me tell you this - I did not even give their oil a second look after I saw the price. LOL... I will stick with my own magical mix of natural, organic carrier oils and essential oils... It works jut fine on my hair.... smile....

SherryLove

bumping up for more replies.....

Shaley

The ingredients look great. May have to order this soon, I need a good leave in to help me through my relaxer stretch.

I just visited the website and they already have your recent testimony posted/advertised.

Quote:

*Read an independent review of this product on The Long Hair Care Forum: The Ultimate Hair Care & Beauty Resource For Women of Color
http://www.longhairlovers.com/luxe_leavein.html

Hey SherryLove :wave:
Good to see you posting again :yep: I'm glad you found something that your hair likes. I recently just discovered elucence works for me and thank GOD i'm not having a pj relapse :look:

Globeleza

Thanks for your review Sherrylove! I have always admired your hair, are you still using Aubrey Organics? This leave-in is definitely going on my wish list. Can you please describe the scent? is it strong ? does it linger in the hair?

CurlyMoo

I don't need anymore protein so I think I like the Longhairlovers Luxe
Shea-mu Hair Butter.

Luscious Locks

so, sherry. have you really noticed thickness or strength from using these products and which ones in particulary because i may shell out for one or two of them. I'm really interested in the leave-in.

SherryLove

The ingredients look great. May have to order this soon, I need a good leave in to help me through my relaxer stretch.

I just visited the website and they already have your recent testimony posted/advertised.

Quote:

*Read an independent review of this product on The Long Hair Care Forum: The Ultimate Hair Care & Beauty Resource For Women of Color
http://www.longhairlovers.com/luxe_leavein.html

oooooh thanks for sharing that with me, chardai.... i am happy to see that they posted it right away... smile....