OMG!Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in Treatment May Replace My Holy-grail Giovanni Direct!

SherryLove

Re: OMG!Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in Treatment May Replace My Holy-grail Giovanni Dir

I have the shea-mu butter, And my scalp loves this stuff also. It is kind of thick, but i put a dab in my hands, rub my hands together, it melts quickly and massage it into my scalp. I haven't noticed a smell after it is in my hair, but only been using it a week and it is great so far. Now I am thinking about ordering the leave in.

thanks, country gal...smile...

growinglong77 - and now I am thinking about ordering the shea-mu butter. and knowing me, I would break it down with a small amount of my oil mix...I really really love the fact that is has panthenol......smile.......

SherryLove

Re: OMG!Longhairlovers Luxe Leave-in Treatment May Replace My Holy-grail Giovanni Dir

Thanks, Good to know. I'm mainly concerned about moisture, so I'll probably get the leave in instead of the thicken up.

Did your hair have swing or body with the leave in conditioner?

not sure about the swing thing, but it was very soft with lots of body.....smile...

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!

I can't stand you ladies! I broke down and ordered the Shea-Mu butter and leave-in. :nono::nono:

Globeleza

Hi again Sherry,
Do you think the leave in would work on dry hair? I co-wash my hair sometimes without rollersetting and I am wondering if this could work as a daily leave in as well? Do you use a daily leave-in to moisturize your hair between rollersets?

suburbanbushbabe

Alllandra--so far, so good. smile...

Suburbanbushbabe--I just know you are going to choose the shea-emu oil...LOL....Hey, do you use the detangling comb on your wet hair as well????
Only on wet hair loaded with conditioner.

Globeleza

bumpin, for more answers

Shaley

I can't stand you ladies! I broke down and ordered the Shea-Mu butter and leave-in. :nono::nono:

Have you tried the products yet? If so, what do you think?

SherryLove, are you still loving the leave-in?

SherryLove

Have you tried the products yet? If so, what do you think?

SherryLove, are you still loving the leave-in?

yes, ma'am....smile...I am noticing that my ends are staying softer and smoother for longer periods of time....

SherryLove

Hi again Sherry,
Do you think the leave in would work on dry hair? I co-wash my hair sometimes without rollersetting and I am wondering if this could work as a daily leave in as well? Do you use a daily leave-in to moisturize your hair between rollersets?

Hey Glo....

I would not recommend the leave-in for use on dry hair. and yes, I lightly oil my hair everyday with the shea-mu butter and my oil mix.. it works like a charm...smile....you may want to check out Phyto's moisturizing styling balm which is designed for every day use on dry hair... it is very moisturizing without a greasy feel....

Luscious Locks

Question to the Shea-mu users: Is it comparable to Jane Carter Nourish and Shine? I'm looking to invest in a good daily moisturizer and was thinking about JCNS, but now I'm hearing about this and I'm torn.

TIA

Shaley

yes, ma'am....smile...I am noticing that my ends are staying softer and smoother for longer periods of time....

Thanks! I'm ordering tomorrow.

I lightly oil my hair everyday with the shea-mu butter and my oil mix..

You have the shea-mu butter also? I thought you only had the leave-in and shampoo bar. Do you think the shea-mu is worth the $$? If so, I'll add this to my order tomorrow.

Are there any other products from the line you've tried? Thanks for answering all my questions:grin:

SherryLove

Thanks! I'm ordering tomorrow.

You have the shea-mu butter also? I thought you only had the leave-in and shampoo bar. Do you think the shea-mu is worth the $$? If so, I'll add this to my order tomorrow.

Are there any other products from the line you've tried? Thanks for answering all my questions:grin:

yeah, I broke down and bought it... LOL!!!!!I would say it is an excellent prod for softening and thickening the hair....I would say yes because of the fact that they use organic shea butter and essential oils and emu oil......it also has a nice smell, in my opinion....smile

growinglong777

I ordered the leave in treatment and received it. I used it on my transitioning hair, and I love it. It is quite thick and rich, but oh my gosh, it really softened and made my hair feel stronger. This is definitely a keeper.

SherryLove

I ordered the leave in treatment and received it. I used it on my transitioning hair, and I love it. It is quite thick and rich, but oh my gosh, it really softened and made my hair feel stronger. This is definitely a keeper.

wow...I am glad it worked for you and your hair...smile...

Thanks SherryLove for this info!
I'm looking for a new shampoo and the Shea-mu Solid Organic Shampoo looks enticing. Any other good reviews about this one?

SherryLove

Thanks SherryLove for this info!
I'm looking for a new shampoo and the Shea-mu Solid Organic Shampoo looks enticing. Any other good reviews about this one?

you are welcome, carribean dream.... i am going to use the shampoo bar for the first time this upcoming Sunday. and yes, the ingredients look very nourishing and healthy... I will post a review ASAP.........

Allandra

Allandra, I will definitely keep you guys posted. I hope you like the Giovanni. And no, I probably will not kick it to the curb and keep it as my back up leave-in conditioner... smile..
My hair loves the Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner.

SherryLove

My hair loves the Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner.

Oh Wow, landra. I am glad it works well with your hair. smile...

and Ladies, just as an update, the LHL shampoo bar works well on my hair; and I broke down and bought the shea-mu butter. It works like a charm on my hair when I mix it with my oil mix....smile....

Globeleza

So are you still using the Leave-In and getting the same results?

SherryLove

Any updates?

so far, so good. I am still loving the leave-in. I just love the way my hair is so soft, bouncy, and strong after a rollerset... smile.....

TwistNMx

I STILL haven't tried the Giovanni Direct Leave in. This other stuff must be REALLY good.

Giovanni Direct is great! I'm going to go back to it.
Right now I use their "Smooth as Silk" conditioner.
It helps with managability and is a light conditioning treat. :yep:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

Bumping for shampoo bar reviews.

Allandra

Giovanni Direct is great! I'm going to go back to it.
Right now I use their "Smooth as Silk" conditioner.
It helps with managability and is a light conditioning treat. :yep:
I've used it several times now. I really like it. I also have the SAS shampoo and conditioner (which I did a review on here). :)