Am I the only one who doesnt like....

Britt

all wonky hairlines aside, I usually can tell lfs (at least on the street) from the texture of the hair. I dont know what it is about avid LF wearers but it seems like they love the silkiest asian looking fake hair. and it is so obvious when they are looking like michelle yeoh up top with a miss celie face. This also goes for weaves obviously but for most lfs its the first thing i spot. I've seen some convincing ones on bhm with kinky straight, but i've also seen some HAMs with plenty of compliments (from women who are just cruel. now you know it ain't right for you to be giggling at your computer while typing 'it looks great' on the internet)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hate most lacefronts, I have yet to see one that looks good. For the most part, I can't stand wigs either... just the thought of plopped on top of my head daily just seems..... Umm.. yeah, not my cup of tea. I know folks use it for protective styling tho. I don't like most of those wigs/lacefronts vids on YT either.

LushLox

all wonky hairlines aside, I usually can tell lfs (at least on the street) from the texture of the hair. I dont know what it is about avid LF wearers but it seems like they love the silkiest asian looking fake hair. and it is so obvious when they are looking like michelle yeoh up top with a miss celie face. This also goes for weaves obviously but for most lfs its the first thing i spot. I've seen some convincing ones on bhm with kinky straight, but i've also seen some HAMs with plenty of compliments (from women who are just cruel. now you know it ain't right for you to be giggling at your computer while typing 'it looks great' on the internet)

lmao you need a slap for that girl, I just spat my tea out! :lachen::lachen:

KPH

House Head
if the hairlines didn't look so sumo-wrestler-ish I would bald my face up so much! I hate the hairline on them and then chicks always want to make a ponytail. UGH!

MizAvalon

For anyone who is interested, Ozone lacefronts have very realistic hairlines. :yep: Very thin and believable.

LushLox

@Ms.Martina yeah clearly you're one of the exceptions - both of those wigs look great. Indeed, you need to start uploading some youtube vids to help some sisters out!

LadyPaniolo

Ms. Martina! First, you are so beautiful! Second, your makeup is ON POINT. And third, your lacefronts look so real! I think you should bless LHCF with a tutorial on fixing up those hairlines!

There is a lady on my street :cry3: OMG her LF is SUCH a MESS. Like, seriously. I know I don't fool anybody with my little cheapo half wigs but at least I don't have glue caked on my face wrinkling every time I blink :nono: We need to hand out business cards with the link to Ms. Martina's tutorial! (unless we fear getting slapped :look: a distinct possibility)

Ms. Martina your LFs are on point! If I saw you on the street, I would never know. That looks very nice and well done. Now you need to teach most of your fellow sistren who wear these things how to make their LFs look real. :giggle:

Keen

That's because Human hair lacefronts are expensive. I wasted money on a couple of synthetic hair lacefront because I didnt want to spend too much. All that money went to waste because I never wore neither of them because they look so fake. The one I have is human hair and looks like our hair. My sister did thin out the front for me a little bit to make it more real.

Mdmommy99

I have yet to see a good one IRL. I have seen some that look good on tv or online but the average person I see rocking them on the street looks horrible.

missusM

all this thread proves is that some people are about wigs and weaves and some are not. if you are a wig person you will love the challenge of wearing that wig, and to other wig wearers you appreciate the wig of that person for what it is. if you aren't a wig wearer, they will give you the heebie jeebies. Its not always about looking like your own hair, we're like.." that's a damn good wig".
what i don't like are the natural sisters, who choose to use weaves and wigs as some sort of whipping boy for all their foibles and issues with black haircare. I mean, really?? Does having a few more naps, curls, pepper grains in your kitchen make you a better person, or bring you closer to god? seriously? is having natural hair, like having your own nappy jesus on your head( ps. i love that American word nappy, i don't have any negative associations with it culturally)? I have read in forums, blogs, where naturals would get on wig wearers with the evangelical fervor of Billy graham; like they needed to be delivered from wig/weave Satan. ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS... really.

the key to wearing a wig successfully is density. if its too thick front and back it just looks fake. A lot of wig wearers look at the front of the wig, how much parting they get, then don't look at how dense it is throughout. Big mistake. If the back is so dense and thick ( not forgetting your own hair underneath) it still looks fake. The key is to spend a bit on a yaki type premium wig, making sure you lightly get rid of some of the density through out. i, however, love me a wig, unfortunately cant afford what I want right now, i'm just watching and waiting, then i'll pounce. still fake looking or not, I doubt it would deter me much on either front. no pun intended.

Last edited:

blackbarbie986

naw, you aint alone on this issue, not at all, lol. 99% of the lace fronts i see online or IRL are just wrong, wrong, wrong. there are a couple members i've seen on bhm that have looked nice. but most of the time, especially IRL it looks a HAM, and the ones that aren't messes i prob wouldn't notice because they look so real. it seems the ones that have bangs work a lil better IMO.

Rei

all this thread proves is that some people are about wigs and weaves and some are not. if you are a wig person you will love the challenge of wearing that wig, and to other wig wearers you appreciate the wig of that person for what it is. if you aren't a wig wearer, they will give you the heebie jeebies. Its not always about looking like your own hair, we're like.." that's a damn good wig".
what i don't like are the natural sisters, who choose to use weaves and wigs as some sort of whipping boy for all their foibles and issues with black haircare. I mean, really?? Does having a few more naps, curls, pepper grains in your kitchen make you a better person, or bring you closer to god? seriously? is having natural hair, like having your own nappy jesus on your head( ps. i love that American word nappy, i don't have any negative associations with it culturally)? I have read in forums, blogs, where naturals would get on wig wearers with the evangelical fervor of Billy graham; like they needed to be delivered from wig/weave Satan. ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS... really.

the key to wearing a wig successfully is density. if its too thick front and back it just looks fake. A lot of wig wearers look at the front of the wig, how much parting they get, then don't look at how dense it is throughout. Big mistake. If the back is so dense and thick ( not forgetting your own hair underneath) it still looks fake. The key is to spend a bit on a yaki type premium wig, making sure you lightly get rid of some of the density through out. i, however, love me a wig, unfortunately cant afford what I want right now, i'm just watching and waiting, then i'll pounce. still fake looking or not, I doubt it would deter me much on either front. no pun intended.

:lachen: what are you talking about? nobody was even talking about this or trying to bring that mess into this thread. We're talking about bad looking LFs, which by the way, could also look like a hot rat mess if it was scalped from some chick with a huge fro if it was applied badly. There are plenty of relaxed girls who don't like the HAM look either. Nobody in here said they didn't like fake hair at all.

blackbarbie986

thought you ladies would get a chuckle or two out of this

[video=youtube;SBNpqlWen4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBNpqlWen4A[/video]

Last edited:

LunadeMiel

You're absolutely ridiculous :lol: :nono:

Mdmommy99

I didn't get any of that from this thread. I don't think it is about natural vs. relaxed or fake vs. real. I think its just about good vs. HAM.

NikkiQ

Yeah this thread took a serious turn for the negative. It was just a place for people to express their opinions on lace front wigs. Can we get back to that please and just agree to disagree? I mean it's not that big of a deal really. Some people like wigs; some people don't.

Qtee

I heard a comic say that LF are wigs with the forehead meat already attached..I almost died when I heard that..but its a good analogy..

naturalmanenyc

Lawd have mercy!!!! Brandy looks a hot mess in that wig!!!

I can honestly say that I cannot tell if someone is wearing a lace front wig unless it's a horrible application or that edged up look hair line.

I enjoy wearing my lace front wig since it so closely resembles my own flat ironed hair.
Coworkers even think it's my real hair.

The first & third photos are my flat ironed hair. All others are the wig.

I can't stand them either, but thats because most women I've seen are wearing them pulled to their eyebrows and end up with planet of the apes hairlines.

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Last edited:

ms.blue

I'm actually looking for a lacefront to wear this winter but I do have issues
1. The hairline-since I don't have a half moon shape hairline I don't want any like that so bss lf are not for me.
2. Density of the hair to be natural.
3. I really don't want to use adheasive or glue to attach the piece to my head.

I'm thinking I might have order one.