Am I the only one who doesnt like....

LFs? Every one that I see looks like a LF. I can just see that its a wig. Its very easy to fool me with a wig and weave so if I can glance at a person and say " Thats a LF" it must be pretty wiggy or they just dont know how to wear it.

Am I the ONLY one?

KnottyGurl

I agree. I would never buy one b/c they definitely look fake. Even the expensive one's look fake, so what's the point of wearing one (in my opinion)?

WhoIAm

LFs? Every one that I see looks like a LF. I can just see that its a wig. Its very easy to fool me with a wig and weave so if I can glance at a person and say " Thats a LF" it must be pretty wiggy or they just dont know how to wear it.

Am I the ONLY one?

I can't stand them either, but thats because most women I've seen are wearing them pulled to their eyebrows and end up with planet of the apes hairlines.

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me

Am I the ONLY one?

No you're not. This is not to offend anyone but I think all fake hair looks atrocious (unless it's braids or something). I have yet to see a wig/weave that is so well done that it fools me into thinking it's real. I won't even get into the thing that a lot of ghetto girls wear that looks like you can just peel it off (they usually wear it in a ponytail). I wonder if they realize how ridiculously sad they look? To me, if you have a part, but there's no scalp :nono:

DigitalRain

I can't stand them either, but thats because most women I've seen are wearing them pulled to their eyebrows and end up with planet of the apes hairlines.

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

*spits out orange juice* You are wrong...:lachen:

I don't like them either....I can deal with a regular wig better than a lace front. I could even tell Kristen Stewart was wearing a LF in the last Twilight movie, the hair line is a dead giveaway.

n_vizion

The hairline on those things are ridiculous. They remind me of an "Eddie Monster" wig without the widow's peak.

toinette

Tricking the president
Brandy looks a mess :lol: I'm in the process of buying a LF and Ginsana is to blame. When she posted the pics of her LFs they were undetectable. Ever since I've been all over YT lookign at videos trying to find the perfect wig to get and how to wear it so it wont look wiggy. If folks would just cut the darn lace it would be a great first step in the right direction

janda

I think it depends. I've seen pictures of LF's on here that look cute. But in real life, I see the ones where the hairline starts a little above the eyebrows. Sometimes there's even fake baby hair coming down. It looks a HAM.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I hate when people shave their hairline to wear a lacefront...it just looks plain stupid. I have a lace-front though and I think it looks pretty realistic. I had a pic on here with it and people both here and IRL thought it was my hair

KnottyGurl

If they have each other's back so much, why didn't Ray J tell her that LF is a HAM?! :nono: :lol: Then again, he is in the front, so all eyes on him, I guess. :look:
That hairline.....

Exhibit 1

Last edited:

toinette

Tricking the president
This is the wig I ordered: Lexy from Janet Collection JANET COLLECTION FULL LACE WIG LEXY

and this is the YT review that convinced me to do it. She has great reviews on her channel and she is hilarious

YouTube - My Chick Bad "Lexy" Janet Collection

this is another person wearing the wig and it looks great on her as well: YouTube - My First Lace Wig: Janet Collection Lexy

depending on how I actually like the Lexy, I am so getting that First Lady from Janet Collection as well. it is soooo cute

Twix

I just bought a LF. The sides of it are what give me issues, but I normally just wear the sides down and/or the ponytail held back. But I agree; they are exceedingly difficult to get *just right*. I have issues because the hairline on them and my hairline don't get along (hence wearing the sides down). When I figure it out like I did my old LF, I'll start wearing it in a better variety of styles, but currently I'm in the camp of not looking a HAM. :look:

toinette

Tricking the president
I just bought a LF. The sides of it are what give me issues, but I normally just wear the sides down and/or the ponytail held back. But I agree; they are exceedingly difficult to get *just right*. I have issues because the hairline on them and my hairline don't get along (hence wearing the sides down). When I figure it out like I did my old LF, I'll start wearing it in a better variety of styles, but currently I'm in the camp of not looking a HAM. :look:

i dont know if you do this but some of the best LFs I've seen on YT is cause the ladies use a rat tail comb to pull out some of their own edges in front of the lace. That way you dont have that crazy perfect hairline which is a dead giveaway. You just have your own hairline which is as natural as it gets. all i know is that I'm hoping and praying that this LF actually looks good cause I need to do something with my hair since I decided to transition

Leesh

Despise them!!! :nono:
Not knockin' anyone who wears them, definately not knockin' Brandy, cause that's my girl, but, in general, "Absolutely Despise Them"!!!

Keen

This is the wig I ordered: Lexy from Janet Collection JANET COLLECTION FULL LACE WIG LEXY

and this is the YT review that convinced me to do it. She has great reviews on her channel and she is hilarious

YouTube - My Chick Bad "Lexy" Janet Collection

this is another person wearing the wig and it looks great on her as well: YouTube - My First Lace Wig: Janet Collection Lexy

depending on how I actually like the Lexy, I am so getting that First Lady from Janet Collection as well. it is soooo cute

toinette I would recommend you check out the Sensational Erika half wig. I think you'd like it.

Erika - Extended Translucent Lace Front Wig - Human Hair Lace Wig - Sensationnel - SELECTED SALE MERCHANDISE | Laissez Faire Hair

I've been wearing it for the pass two months and I'm planning on wearing it for a long time as my protective style. I used to hate lace front. I was not about to glue my edges. they look so wiggy to me. But this one does not require glue. You will have to part it in the middle (I don't like the side part it comes with). You'll aslo have to flat iron it every now and then go keep it fresh. Having a middle part and tie it down (in the beginning) to make sure the hair is flat is essential to give it that edge. I get so much compliments with this hair! It doesn't look wiggy to me. I'm so against wiggy hair.

toinette

Tricking the president
toinette I would recommend you check out the Sensational Erika half wig. I think you'd like it.

Erika - Extended Translucent Lace Front Wig - Human Hair Lace Wig - Sensationnel - SELECTED SALE MERCHANDISE | Laissez Faire Hair

I've been wearing it for the pass two months and I'm planning on wearing it for a long time as my protective style. I used to hate lace front. I was not about to glue my edges. they look so wiggy to me. But this one does not require glue. You will have to part it in the middle (I don't like the side part it comes with). You'll aslo have to flat iron it every now and then go keep it fresh. Having a middle part and tie it down (in the beginning) to make sure the hair is flat is essential to give it that edge. I get so much compliments with this hair! It doesn't look wiggy to me. I'm so against wiggy hair.

Keen, that wig is gorgeous girl!! So natural looking too. I'm not surprised you get a lot of compliments at all. I totally feel you on the glue thing. I am not gonna be gluing or taping anything to my head either LOL. And I'm glad you posted that pic cause it brings me to another point about wigging it while not trying to be wiggy - dont go too long! Even though my hair has been close to BSL ( i have never ever made it there though) i would never get a wig that long.

JJamiah

I Like that one, I got the Vanessa one and I haven't been able to keep her off, (she is slightly longer t than Erika who is on my to get list) I did order Ashley as well.

MzShouldaLength

You aren't the only one...I can't stand seein women walk around with the extremely obvious LF's and the shiny hairline from where they glued it down. A HAM and then some. Lol. And that picture of Brandy is a prime example to show that even the best of them can't get it right...

And then jus saw Nicki Minaj new video...she look a HAM in her LF too. SMH...the guy in the video is FYNE though. lol.

NikkiQ

I love em personally and mine never look fake- LFs, sew-ins,etc. Maybe the ones you guys have seen just look cheap and wiggy, but there are some LF wearing pros out there that might just fool you lol. I don't do the glue or shaving the hairline deal. That's just a wee bit extreme to me. Just the wig clips and combs. And if I have someone looking at my head hard enough to figure out that I'm wearing a wig, then they need to find out if they're spending that much time worried about what I'm rocking.

Keen

I Like that one, I got the Vanessa one and I haven't been able to keep her off, (she is slightly longer t than Erika who is on my to get list) I did order Ashley as well.

I didn't get Vanessa because I wanted something closer to my real lenght. My sister's hair is longer than my. I will suggest she try Vanessa next time.

Janet'

I hate when people shave their hairline to wear a lacefront...it just looks plain stupid. I have a lace-front though and I think it looks pretty realistic. I had a pic on here with it and people both here and IRL thought it was my hair

Seriously? People actually do that?

LushLox

^^^ Yes they do! Talk about dedicated to the cause!

I really wouldn't have the nerve to wear a LF as I know I would look ridiculous. Kudos to the ladies who do get it right though because it seems to be a hard task looking at some of the ladies that I see parading them on the street.

NikkiQ

^^Yeah that is some SERIOUS dedication! The first time I ever experienced someone putting on a LF in the BSS,her edges were completely gone and she was using glue AND tape! Poor darling :nono:

Rei

all wonky hairlines aside, I usually can tell lfs (at least on the street) from the texture of the hair. I dont know what it is about avid LF wearers but it seems like they love the silkiest asian looking fake hair. and it is so obvious when they are looking like michelle yeoh up top with a miss celie face. This also goes for weaves obviously but for most lfs its the first thing i spot. I've seen some convincing ones on bhm with kinky straight, but i've also seen some HAMs with plenty of compliments (from women who are just cruel. now you know it ain't right for you to be giggling at your computer while typing 'it looks great' on the internet)