Am I the only one who's ever ...

Louisex3

come across this site?

About 2/3 years ago, I was frustrated with my hair, convinced black people's hair ' didn't grow' and physically 'couldn't grow' etc. So at the time I did a little looking around on the internet (I wish I'd found this place!) and i came across this website:
http://www.blackwomenrejoice.com/

I read it and read it, and at the time, i was like wooww :eek: I really thought i was onto something. I'd seldom seen black women with such length :
Sorry if it's a little big..

Anyways, I did my research, i was about 14/15 at the time and spending $21.20 on some book was not top of my agenda. I googled her name, tried to find any trace of her, anyone praising her etc. and I don't remember finding anything, her Ebay account hadn't been used in a few years so I put my HHJ on hold until I found a good site like this.

Anyways, long story short, has anyone heard of this woman? What do you make of her site?

manter26

I've never heard of it. Frankly, I'm not impressed. After 4 years, your hair should be waist length if you think you know that you are doing. (That goes for everyone on this board too.) She's been at it for 6 years and her hair is APL with :perplexed looking ends.

I've never been waist length in my life, I cut my MBL hair off in middle school and haven't seen it since. It surprises me when people are on the boards since 2005 and their hair isn't long. So, If you're selling hair growth information you should definitely have some significant growth...

Miss_C

I've never heard of her, but went to the site and noticed she mentioned growing solutions for "ungrowable" hair:ohwell:.
But six years and all she has is APL? With fuzzy ends? Nothing to rejoice about with that. Our hair grows. I wish people would stop acting like APL on a black woman is floor length :look:.

BostonMaria

Sorry I have to say the same thing. I'd only be impressed and spend my money if the person has VERY long hair. I'm talking waist length and beyond.

Her hair is pretty. I've seen prettier hair here and the advice is free.

Morenita

I feel completely ridiculous admitting it, but yep, I have. :hide:

Back when I was in college, oh around 2000 probably, I came across her site and purchased her ebook (such a sucker lol) As a result, I became really adamant about using sharp shears for a while there, and she's the reason I went out and bought a Jilbere shower comb. :rolleyes: I agree with the ladies above however. This woman was probably on the right track when she had the idea, but she lacks the knowledge, and therefore the length to truly inspire. When I found BHM, my jaw dropped, and joined LHCF right after reading a post mentioning it.

Back then, she impressed me though :lachen:

ricochet

I feel completely ridiculous admitting it, but yep, I have. :hide:

Back when I was in college, oh around 2000 probably, I came across her site and purchased her ebook (such a sucker lol) As a result, I became really adamant about using sharp shears for a while there, and she's the reason I went out and bought a Jilbere shower comb. :rolleyes: I agree with the ladies above however. This woman was probably on the right track when she had the idea, but she lacks the knowledge, and therefore the length to truly inspire. When I found BHM, my jaw dropped, and joined LHCF right after reading a post mentioning it.

Back then, she impressed me though :lachen:

Oh yeah, I remember her. I found her too, but I don't feel like a sucker for buying her ebook. :) Back then, she, Wanakee, Cathy Howse and Carolyn Gray were the only black women with info that was well researched on the net. She had some of the same great techniques that are used today, such as using sharp scissors to trim hair, moisturizing and washing the hair more regularly, no heat usage, airdrying, etc. I think I remember reading she went through a bout of cancer also (don't quote me). The pics on her site are pretty old (2004-ish), as are the videos that are still there. She probably doesn't update anymore.

Louisex3

ah, I'm glad i'm not the only one who's seen it then.
I thought it was a bit of a rip-off though, selling half-arsed information when she could've easily posted it for free.