Am I the only one?

yokoyokogirl

I think I might be addicted to this site. Seriously. There's too much to read, and even when I do a search to cut down on options, I still stay up way too late reading.

I even open separate web browsers to look at pics, profiles, hair regimes, searches and keep them up until I read them.

When I get home, I now look for replies to posts--before I hit the tv for news.

Is this an addiction? Or are the rest of you out there, like me?:perplexed

this summer i was definitely addicted to LHCF, up all hours of the night, reading the archives, posts about any and everything, all to my benefit.

now that school has started and i am back to work, i am on here all weekend long to compensate for what i missed during the week.

nope, you are not alone!

it is not going to end because i have been coming here for three years. most of the time i get nothing done around the house.

Sadly, you are not the only one.

I was just cleaning up, now I have the laptop and I am not doing anything except sitting on the couch looking at LHCF. LOL

I too am guilty:yep:...... but I can't help it! ever since I've joined I haven't been able to stay away! I've learned sooooo much!

Nope....you're definitely not alone. I constantly find myself coming on here even when i'm supposed to be studying.....like now:look:

I"m almost embarrassed about the amount of time I spend on this site.:grin:

I even come here on my Blackberry if I'm not at home.

No you are not the only one.
I even schedule "breaks" to come
to the website.
The other night while doing a paper for class that overall
took about 8 hours over the course of 2 days. I literally scheduled
a 15-20 min "break" each day.
I figured that since I get about 15 min break at
work for 4hrs of work; whats the difference? lol

I'm spending a lot of time reading these threads, they are so very informative. Before I know it hours have passed!

Has anybody ever been so wrapped up in reading the threads that they forgot to do something important???:perplexed

man, it is SAD how addicted i am. It's almost becoming a problem. lol. I was just telling myself that as i got on just now. It's like i'm supposed to be getting ready to go and prepare for this baby shower (that I'm throwing), and im on here in bra and undies. lol, (TMI). But, I may need to back away. Half the time, i don't do what I'm supposed to do, and I procrastinate, I stay at my desk for an extra 15 mins, even though i'm supposed to be eating. Ugh, its a shame. I will just sit and look at thread titles, even though nothing much have changed. LOL

Has anybody ever been so wrapped up in reading the threads that they forgot to do something important???:perplexed

Yes, my homework for my online class was due last night by midnight, I got home at 8:30, got on here first.:ohwell: I started my homework at 11...sweating the site wouldn't time out on me or it'd be late. I'm SOOOO addicted it's crazy. I've become quite the PJ because of this site as well. I'll be selling (practically giving away) some of the products I bought on impulse soon, so lookout for me in the exchange board. :yep:

ETA: I should be cleaning the house right now too. Work up early just to do so, this is hour 2 on here.

Last edited:
OP you and your family are gorgeous...

Thanks but I can't claim the kid! She's from my school...love her tons though!

Well...

I hate to admit that I did nothing all day but laundry. In between washing and folding, I read all the posts I had bookmarked during the week. I read one post that had like 48+ messages!

I told everyone I did SO MUCH housework today...when I really didn't.

Since the BF is sick, I waited til he was sleeping and came back to the comp and am online again.

I read once somewhere, that addicts sneak out and lie to the ones they love about their problems...:look:

I too am addicted, as much as i try to cut down my time on here, i still end up spending hours here. i love this site......maybe too much.:look:

It's a healthy addiction. I can think of worse things to do. I don't have my DSTV (cable) and work is so exhausting. Being on here is like my little t.v. set. In my office, we constantly talk of war and women being raped my armed groups so this is a welcome and fun addiction. And I have learnt so much and feel connected.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I come in spurts. I mainly view the off topic, career, and celeb forums now. After three years, there aren't many new hair topics that are new under the sun.

No Mam !, I am a Newbie and I cannot get anything around the house done, due to this site, I am absolutely in love! and I to keep two sometimes three browsers open to research products and techniques without losing my place. So don't fret you are not alone in your addiction.

I'm addicted. I even use an alternate log-on so people won't instant message me or know how many hours I spend on the internet. :ohwell:

I try to limit myself by reading no more than three threads in one setting during the weekend. I always look at the clock before I get on. I prefer to bookmark some of the threads if I can't read more than one thread; and sometimes, I don't read a full thread because it's just too long, so I may read several comments and then bookmark the page where I left off.

I have a lot of threads bookmarked. :yep: If I have something that needs to get done, I don't even turn the computer on until I take care of the most important things. Sometimes I tell myself that "those threads aren't going anywhere, so leave the computer off as long as possible until more important things are done." That's how I limit my time.

Besides I reason to myself that: "I already knew how to take care of my hair before I stumbled onto this discussion forum at work four years ago."

I must admit it relaxes me when I've done a lot of hard work and need a break. As of now (Sunday), I've been on this board for two hours and just read three threads. I'm turning off this computer now.

Back