An Aveda Relaxer

An Aveda Relaxer?

• I'd love to see Aveda develop a relaxer!

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • I wouldn't be interested in an Aveda relaxer.

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

chayil0427

I know there are several Aveda heads on here. I am now using their products exclusively. But ofcourse I have to look else where for relaxers. So I sent Aveda the following message.

I am an african american woman who LOVES your products. I also know several other black women from the site longhaircareforum.com who love your products as well. I use your products exclusively for everything except relaxers. I would love to see Aveda develop a relaxer that doesn't damage the hair and leaves it soft, moist, and full of movement. I would also like to see some light oil based hair moisturizers for extemely dry textured hair.
Thanks

It will be interesting to see what kind of response I get. Who here would like to see Aveda develop a relaxer as well? If you're interested in Aveda developing a relaxer please go to http://www.aveda.com/contactus/contactus.tmpl scroll down and fill out the form to drop them a quick line and let them know! Perhaps we can get something started!!

Chayil

Last edited:

newflowers

I can't imagine not using my beloved Phyto, but I did send a note - surely they can't get too many requests. Maybe of some ladies are not interested, you can send a note for those who are to really help make the point.

rdm

I am not currently an Aveda user. However, I have used their products in the past and have loved them. I sent them a letter too. Let's hope that you have started something!!!!:grin:

bablou00

Oh your on to something!!! I know I love my mizani relaxers but that sounds good!! I will have to drop them a note as well. Hope they hear us out

honeybadgirl

i might play with the thought of becoming a convert :look:
hmm...i wonder if i would relax if aveda came out with that.....nah!!!:drunk:
i would love to see it happen though

Dee-Licious

Uh oh :spank:some ladies here feel when you start emailing a company how good they are they raise prices... and you know how high Aveda is so it probably wouldn't matter with them.

But good that you are taking the initiative.

HoneyDew

I bet it would be a good relaxer, but I KNOW it would cost way more than I would be willing to spend for a relaxer.

I mean, there are already so many good ones out here that are at reasonable cost. I don't think it is reasonable to spend a bunch of money for something like that.

It would be interesting though. I would get one as a birthday or holiday gift but never as my regular relaxer - if it is expensive that is.

bocagirl

I bet it would be a good relaxer, but I KNOW it would cost way more than I would be willing to spend for a relaxer.

I mean, there are already so many good ones out here that are at reasonable cost. I don't think it is reasonable to spend a bunch of money for something like that.

It would be interesting though. I would get one as a birthday or holiday gift but never as my regular relaxer - if it is expensive that is.

I agree. Not to mention some Aveda salons in my area charge $100 for a relaxer, and I don't think that price would go way down just because it's their relaxer.

msroddy

I'm in Chicago and the Aveda Institute, the school, offers a relaxer. I've never had one, so I don't know if they have their own relaxer or if they use another brand. Does anyone remember... about 5 or 6 years ago they sold color kits in the store. My cousin was in love with their color, but they stopped selling it. I'm wondering if that might have been the case with a relaxer kit too!

rdm

Here is Aveda's response to my question regarding an Aveda Relaxer:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Aveda.

The voice of our customers is the most powerful feedback we have. Every consideration is given to our customer's comments and concerns and we appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We will be certain to share your feedback with the appropriate team.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.

Sincerely,

Tricia
AVEDA - Customer Relations - Blaine
Aveda Global Consumer Communications