God Damage? Don't Trim. Don't Cry. USE AVEDA DR!!!!

honeybadgirl

la flaca said:
Ok it better be awesome.......Or ya'll gonna buy it from me:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:eek: Here is what I got:

• DR line
  • From Brilliant line (USC, Humectant, Damage Control)
  • Hair Detoxifier
  • Black malva
  • Deep Penetraiting
  • Cherry/Almond bark
  • Sap Moss Concentrate

good stuff! i'm really liking the black malva. i used it with heat and my hair, which is dyed using elumen, came out so black!! i saw a pic of my hair and i was like, wow my hair is really black. then i remembered i used the malva. at 1st i didnt think i liked it and almost returned it but its definitely a keeper for me:grin:

PinkSkates

I rotate my Aveda stash: I use DR when I'm going to use heat, then I'll use Smooth Infusion poo.cond. for my next wash, and then I'll use Brillant for my third wash... The only one that I did not care for was the sap moss; It left my hair feeling dry, but it was one of the first ones I bought and I didn't realize how concentrated their products are. So I probably just used too much. I love my Aveda products:)

gymfreak336

pinkskates said:
I rotate my Aveda stash: I use DR when I'm going to use heat, then I'll use Smooth Infusion poo.cond. for my next wash, and then I'll use Brillant for my third wash... The only one that I did not care for was the sap moss; It left my hair feeling dry, but it was one of the first ones I bought and I didn't realize how concentrated their products are. So I probably just used too much. I love my Aveda products:)

How is the brillant line? It smells great.

honeybadgirl

gymfreak336 said:
How is the brillant line? It smells great.

i love it! i dont use the shampoo but i would like to. actually maybe i will get some. oh oh, i feel the shakes coming on...i need a fix:look: :lol:

Ms_Delikate

la flaca said:
Ok it better be awesome.......Or ya'll gonna buy it from me:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:eek: Here is what I got:

• DR line
  • From Brilliant line (USC, Humectant, Damage Control)
  • Hair Detoxifier
  • Black malva
  • Deep Penetraiting
  • Cherry/Almond bark
  • Sap Moss Concentrate

OH boy you went all out!! I hope it works for you:lol:

Ms_Delikate

Guyaneek said:
Ok, I'm sold. Ur testimonies have done it for me :lol:
Now I just need to take a second mortgage out on my house and I will report my results :lachen: j/k

^^^You ad me both...I will just stop comng in here...cause no matter how many times I say " I am not buying anything else" I always pull out the credit card....(that thing has a hole in it):lachen: :lachen:

la flaca

Guyaneek said:
Ok, I'm sold. Ur testimonies have done it for me :lol:
Now I just need to take a second mortgage out on my house and I will report my results :lachen: j/k

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

(I was gonna do that too) My DH saw me a little bit down, so he gave me his CC :kissing4: I love this man!!!:lol: :lol:

MiWay

Another Aveda DR lover in the house!!! :love: :love: :love:

My hair acts like a witch if I try to use any other shampoo. It provides so much slip and something in it stimulates my senses...I don't know what it is. Both conditioners are wonderful too. I can definitely tell a difference in the health of my hair since I started using it.

PinkSkates

Hey GymFreak336, the Brillant shampoo provides my hair with moisture, and the conditioner provides good slip for detangling; but after using the Smooth Infusion shampoo I found out that it provides even better results than the Brillant shampoo and the smell is awesome. My aveda consultant told me that I would probably find the Smooth Infusion more moisturizing than the Brillant shampoo, and he was right. He also said that a clear colored shampoo (Brillant is clear) is usually not going to be as moisturizing as a creamy-colored shampoo.

WesternEyes

Well I have to say that Aveda has been good to my hair so far. I received the BeCurly line as a gift and at first was reluctant to use it because I didn't care for the smell. But i thought i'd give it a try and am happy i did. Very moisturizing and gentle on my hair. Luckily it was a gift, because the price is a little too high for me. But am considering the DR line.

natieya

mzhotniz86 said:
yeh they BETTER!!! lol i also saw that they do shampoo for $12 , i might try that, has anyone ever gone to a institute and have them do your hair? if so , how did it turn out?

I went to an Aveda Institute last weekend. My stylist did an AWESOME job. I had a post about it, but I'm a newbie and I don't know how to post links. BUt, I highly recommend them. Just be sure and have lots of time when you go...they're slow. ;)

natieya

Arcadian said:
My hair hates the DR line :(

-A

Wow, you didn't? How did your hair respond to it? What didn't you like? ...Sorry, I should've read all the way thru before commenting. :)

Last edited:

gymfreak336

pinkskates said:
Hey GymFreak336, the Brillant shampoo provides my hair with moisture, and the conditioner provides good slip for detangling; but after using the Smooth Infusion shampoo I found out that it provides even better results than the Brillant shampoo and the smell is awesome. My aveda consultant told me that I would probably find the Smooth Infusion more moisturizing than the Brillant shampoo, and he was right. He also said that a clear colored shampoo (Brillant is clear) is usually not going to be as moisturizing as a creamy-colored shampoo.

Thanks. I really like the smell of it so I wanted to know. I need to buy the smooth infusion set. I might put that up next week.

shunta

macherieamour said:
Hi Honey:grin:

Yea, I tried Aveda in the past and my hair reallllly didnt agree with the products. But maybe things have changed for the better. I may just give them another shot:)

Mine didnt really care for Aveda, either. And I wanted it to work so bad, too.

Chayil, I see you're cheating on your Nexxus Humectin again, huh?:lol: Just cant get enough.:p

PinkAngel

You all make this stuff sound so tempting.

I've already calculated my wish list for Aveda products ($188). I used the Sap Moss line for years, don't know why I stopped. But what will I do w/ all my other products, if my hair decides it loves Aveda DR???? Decisions, decisions.....

la flaca

msshic said:
You all make this stuff sound so tempting.

I've already calculated my wish list for Aveda products ($188). I used the Sap Moss line for years, don't know why I stopped. But what will I do w/ all my other products, if my hair decides it loves Aveda DR???? Decisions, decisions.....

I know what you mean, I went crazy and spent a bunch of money, my goodies are gonna be home today. Let's see what Aveda is all about:perplexed

PinkAngel

la flaca said:
I know what you mean, I went crazy and spent a bunch of money, my goodies are gonna be home today. Let's see what Aveda is all about:perplexed

I'll be waiting for your review........;)

Cholet112

Has anyone ever used the Be Curly Enhancer as a leave in?

Macheriamour: My hair HATES proteins with a passion. But my hair loves the DR Line in its entirety. My hair is strong yet moisturized. I find that its the only protein that I need and my hair has so much strength. You should buy it and if you dont like it the return policy is excellent.

macherieamour

Cholet112 said:
Has anyone ever used the Be Curly Enhancer as a leave in?

Macheriamour: My hair HATES proteins with a passion. But my hair loves the DR Line in its entirety. My hair is strong yet moisturized. I find that its the only protein that I need and my hair has so much strength. You should buy it and if you dont like it the return policy is excellent.

DAMN you Cholet! I was sittin here using the excuse that my hair hates protein to NOT buy the products and here you come:lol: I know you were using Keracare for a while so our hair seems to like the same products. Ok Ima give it a shot:)

chayil0427

macherieamour said:
DAMN you Cholet! I was sittin here using the excuse that my hair hates protein to NOT buy the products and here you come:lol: I know you were using Keracare for a while so our hair seems to like the same products. Ok Ima give it a shot:)

Ok macherie...I'm making the disclaimer RIGHT NOW that if this stuff does something to your beautiful hair I'm not responsible. :look:

Yet, honestly...I'll be TOTALLY surprised if you don't love it. I'm gonna keep using Nexxus and alternating it with Aveda DR.

Chayil

GeorginaSparks

Will the stores give away samples? If not where can i get some? If they wont, ive already decided ill get the DR treatment anyway

Seeking8Rights

macherieamour said:
You guys are killing me with this Aveda. GUESS im GONNA have to try it!

My hair doesnt really like protein tho but I am looking for a "strength" line of products to alternate with Keracare. WIll it make my hair hard??? I have had a lot of trouble with protein products in the past:(

I'm with you macherieamour! I am a DEVOTED KeraCare user (since 2003). However, I must admit (with shame) that I recently order 2 liters of the Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo & Conditioner! I feel like I'm cheating, but Aveda has more natural ingredients than KeraCare.

Darn it! I came out the KeraCare closet! :look:

Kacie

I was also a KeraCare guru because it was the only thing that moisturized my hair. But that fix was temporary because the next day my hair would feel straw like. Aveda DR and Sap Moss line changed all that a couple weeks ago. Aveda is bout some business.

NeeSee

I just got mine today. Ladies how do you use this? Do use all three products with every wash or what? Sorry for the stupid question.

Cholet112

macherieamour said:

Ohhh so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it is the truth. I tried the sap moss line and my hair hated it and threw up the finger at it. But when I put the DR in my hair when I combed it there was no breakage or popping.

P.S. I know it wont be worse than when you went off KeraCare for something else (forgot what it was) and you had some breakage :look: :look: :look: :look: So try it and if you hate it return for a full refund. But I think your hair will like the change.

chayil0427

Adrian said:
I just got mine today. Ladies how do you use this? Do use all three products with every wash or what? Sorry for the stupid question.

I usd the shampoo and the regular conditioner, or I use the treatment and follow it up with a quick coat of humectin.

Chayil