God Damage? Don't Trim. Don't Cry. USE AVEDA DR!!!!

chayil0427

Ladies, ladies, ladies. Don't you dare post another breakage thread. No more whining about what your stylist did to you hair! GET AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY line. This stuff is the truth. Strength, moisture...my hair...which was dry and overprocessed is silky smooth and shiny with nothing more than Aveda and a little shea butter.

I know it's expensive, but you only have to use A LITTLE...so it last much longer than other bottles that size (like Kera Care and Mizani for example).

Ladies ...you simply have to try Aveda DR....if you've got damage and are considering trimming USE THIS FIRST!! It works!!! If you wanna take your hair to the next level USE AVEDA DR!

www.aveda.com to order on line or for stores.

Ok...sermon over.

Chayil

*Michelle*

chayil0427 said:
Ladies, ladies, ladies. Don't you dare post another breakage thread. No more whining about what your stylist did to you hair! GET AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY line. This stuff is the truth. Strength, moisture...my hair...which was dry and overprocessed is silky smooth and shiny with nothing more than Aveda and a little shea butter.

I know it's expensive, but you only have to use A LITTLE...so it last much longer than other bottles that size (like Kera Care and Mizani for example).

Ladies ...you simply have to try Aveda DR....if you've got damage and are considering trimming USE THIS FIRST!! It works!!! If you wanna take your hair to the next level USE AVEDA DR!

Ok...sermon over.

Chayil

Sermon over!? Is that why the title starts with GOD!? :lachen: :lachen:

Okay, I must be tired...because this is hella funny to me...ROFLOLPIMP!!!

But yeah, it is the truth!

*Michelle*

Pixel Lady said:
Sermon over!? Is that why the title starts with GOD!? :lachen: :lachen:

Okay, I must be tired...because this is hella funny to me...ROFLOLPIMP!!!

But yeah, it is the truth!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make fun of you/your post.

Tamrin

unapologetic
chayil0427 said:

You used all three Items in that line?

honeybadgirl

i know thats right!! i tried the intensive conditioner on dry hair as a prepoo and WOW!!! my hair really LOVED it! aaaawwwww aveda.......:grin:

macherieamour

You guys are killing me with this Aveda. GUESS im GONNA have to try it!

My hair doesnt really like protein tho but I am looking for a "strength" line of products to alternate with Keracare. WIll it make my hair hard??? I have had a lot of trouble with protein products in the past:(

honeybadgirl

macherieamour said:
You guys are killing me with this Aveda. GUESS im GONNA have to try it!

My hair doesnt really like protein tho but I am looking for a "strength" line of products to alternate with Keracare. WIll it make my hair hard??? I have had a lot of trouble with protein products in the past:(

my hair DOES NOT like protein either and aveda, the products i use anyway, do not have alot of protein in it. my hair loves moisturizers!!:grin:

macherieamour

Hi Honey:grin:

Yea, I tried Aveda in the past and my hair reallllly didnt agree with the products. But maybe things have changed for the better. I may just give them another shot:)

honeybadgirl

hi!!! maybe you should get some samples first since it didnt agree with you before:) . or if you buy it at least you can return it. i LOVE aveda!!! :grin:

Can I just use the Damage Remedy Treatment rather than the shampoo? Doesn't the shampoo have Sodium Laureth Sulfate? My hair no likey...

mzhotniz86

hey yall! i just realized that there is a freaking aveda institute down the street and around the corner from my house! lol do they give you samples here or is it best to go to the regular aveda store?

honeybadgirl

ghanaian dime said:
Can I just use the Damage Remedy Treatment rather than the shampoo? Doesn't the shampoo have Sodium Laureth Sulfate? My hair no likey...

i dont see why not
and mzhot, i'm not sure if the institute will give samples. ask, all they can do is say no:)

mzhotniz86

yeh they BETTER!!! lol i also saw that they do shampoo for $12 , i might try that, has anyone ever gone to a institute and have them do your hair? if so , how did it turn out?

tapioca_pudding

When I used the Aveda DR poo and intensive treatment, my hair felt so STRONG but kinda hard at the same time... difficult to explain. LOVED the strength tho. Plus I think I left it in too long.. I fell asleep for like 45 mins under a baggie.

Maybe I can get some samples to try before I donate my kidney to afford the entire set.... :p

so so chic

I've been using the shampoo and conditioner. Would the treatment be considered a deep conditioner? If not, what Aveda line has a great moisturizing shampoo and deep conditioner? I would love to use only Aveda, but I want to be sure I'm getting in enough moisture.

gymfreak336

ghanaian dime said:
I don't have my bottle with me but the shampoo is actually my favorite thing out of the whole line. Aveda products are concentrated and you only have to use a little bit. Even when I use a ton of it, it never dries my hair out. I use it every wash no matter what conditioner I use afterwards.

chayil0427

I'll have to check the ingredients when I get home about the Sodium Laureth Sulfate, bit to macherieamour my hair wasn't hard at all, but for someone like you who has such a tried and true regimine you might wanna stick with it...perhaps try getting samples before you invest.

I found the forumla to leave my hair strong, but moisturized, shiny, bouncy, and manageable.

Chayil

honeybadgirl

mzhotniz86 said:
yeh they BETTER!!! lol i also saw that they do shampoo for $12 , i might try that, has anyone ever gone to a institute and have them do your hair? if so , how did it turn out?

i have and a white girl did it. i was a bit nervous especially when my natural hair got wet:eek: the instructor had to come over to explain to her that she cant simply blow direct heat on natural hair. it would be an afro:lachen:. really the girl didnt even start but was getting ready to but the teacher headed that one right off!! it literally took her an hour to dry my hair. wow! i had told her to flat iron it. actually i was telling her more about the products and what to use for what and when to use it:). it turned out really nice though. i was pleased.:D

Kimberly

macherieamour said:
Hi Honey:grin:

Yea, I tried Aveda in the past and my hair reallllly didnt agree with the products. But maybe things have changed for the better. I may just give them another shot:)

My hair did not like the sap moss line or the one with "bark" in the title, I think. But the DR line seems to really agree with me.

macherieamour

Kimberly said:
My hair did not like the sap moss line or the one with "bark" in the title, I think. But the DR line seems to really agree with me.

Yeah- thats exactly what i tried- it was awful but that was more than 10 years ago.

Chayil- great suggestion, I will try the free samples:)

nycutiepie

gymfreak336 said:
I don't have my bottle with me but the shampoo is actually my favorite thing out of the whole line. Aveda products are concentrated and you only have to use a little bit. Even when I use a ton of it, it never dries my hair out. I use it every wash no matter what conditioner I use afterwards.

I totally agree with this. I'm heavyhanded and use a lot of everything and my hair never dries out. I :love: Aveda!

la flaca

Ok it better be awesome.......Or ya'll gonna buy it from me:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:eek: Here is what I got:

• DR line
  • From Brilliant line (USC, Humectant, Damage Control)
  • Hair Detoxifier
  • Black malva
  • Deep Penetraiting
  • Cherry/Almond bark
  • Sap Moss Concentrate

Arcadian

sareca said:
:shocked: Wow, really!? What happened?

After I bought it, I tried it in the shower one day starting with the DR shampoo. ugg...my hair felt pretty hard. Then I used the DR intensive con. uggg!!!! It was like my hair was stuck together!:eek: I was freaking out. Used a moisterizing con aftewards to see if that would help, which it did to some degree.

My ends were especially crunchy for a few days, and I had pretty severe tangling. I used lots of Humectress and prayer because I was afraid my hair would start snapping off.

Day after I used it, I had this icky flaky stuff stuck to my my scalp. First I thought that was from the moisterizing con, but didn't make a lot of sense since I rinsed well.

Few days later I rethought what I did, I figured I had to had done something wrong maybe read the directions wrong left it too long, SOMETHING! I was determined I would like this line!

Few weeks later I tried the shampoo again with the regular DR con...same reaction. OK so that was more than enough to tell me I wouldn't be using that stuff!

I now know the flakey white stuff on my scalp was an was an allergic reaction to something in DR, as I've had that same thing happen with Shampure which I bought and used after DR (though shampure didn't produce hard hair).

So my mother got a slew of stuff:ohwell: and I just felt rejected and forsaken by aveda.

The sap moss shampoo does work nicely if used as directed I had to try it twice before I figured that out. Works even better with keraphix:D I may continue using that once a week as long as I don't have problems with it.

-A

Guyaneek

Ok, I'm sold. Ur testimonies have done it for me :lol:
Now I just need to take a second mortgage out on my house and I will report my results :lachen: j/k