Any Relaxed Heads Using Wen?

tequilad28

tequilad28 I dc'd with WEN Fig once and didn't see a big difference from when I just cowash with it.

Ya that was my original plan. Cowash in btwn washes to add more moisture to my hair. Esp with working out I dont want to strip my hair by washing it with shampoo more than once a week. But I do appreciate the info. I watched the dvd like a million times so I get it right.

mshoneyfly

Yeah, I saw this bamboo green tea on FB. The name alone makes me wanna buy it and I havent even seen the ingredients list :look: Is this one available on QVC yet?

I used the gardenia green tea for 1st time last week as a cowash. It has soy protein and all the amino acids just like the 613. It was pretty awesome!! I only have a 16 oz of this :(

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Chrismiss

Yeah, I saw this bamboo green tea on FB. The name alone makes me wanna buy it and I havent even seen the ingredients list :look: Is this one available on QVC yet?

I used the gardenia green tea for 1st time last week as a cowash. It has soy protein and all the amino acids just like the 613. It was pretty awesome!! I only have a 16 oz of this :(

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Yes, it's on qvc for $26. It's getting reviews. I didn't like the gardenia green era smell but I liked the way it made my hair feel. I'm hoping the bamboo scent smells better.

tequilad28

ok so I have used wen fig twice now and it does leave my hair super soft. But when I use a wide tooth comb to detangle while I'm washing it out, I've noticed more than usual shed hairs coming out. More than when I detangle after dcing with my other conditioners on regular shampoo wash days. Has anyone experienced this?

KPH

House Head
ok so I have used wen fig twice now and it does leave my hair super soft. But when I use a wide tooth comb to detangle while I'm washing it out, I've noticed more than usual shed hairs coming out. More than when I detangle after dcing with my other conditioners on regular shampoo wash days. Has anyone experienced this?

I always say clarify first before using Wen

tequilad28

I didnt the first time but I did the second time no difference. I do tea rinses on reg wash days but not when I cowash with wen. Hmm wonder if I should a tea rinse next time

sunnieb

So, I cowashed with WEN 613 last night and my hair is a little flat today. :look: Where's my WEN fluffiness????

Not sure what I did differently, but I airdried as usual and bunned before going to bed.

Hmmmmm.......

kellistarr

Wen has another seasonal it's the Fall Apple Spice. Its scent seems to be quite controversial, likened to a Yankee Candle. I love the scent. It is strong, but its lingering effects were quite subtle for me and every now and again, I'd get a comforting, personal whiff of it, nothing that would bother others.

The ingredients are top notch. This formula tops them all, including 613. The real proof was using it. I cleansed with it 2x as Chaz suggests, rinsed, then added the Fall Apple Spice oil to it and whipped up a mask and slept in it overnight, rinsed the next morning, added a bit more for leave-in, air dried and my hair was fabulous. This was done a week ago on my natural hair. My hair was soft and shiny, my curls were actually shining. Needless to say, I can't wait to try it out on my relaxed hair.

With all the controversy, I'm not sure if Chaz will bring this one back. He got smart and put it in the 32 oz. size immediately, before all of us Wen junkies could beg him to do so. But I'm crazy about the formula, so I'm picking up my other two bottles that I ordered from the post office tomorrow. My favorites are: Ginger Pumpkin, Fig, 613 in that order, but this one trumps them all.

Chrismiss

Wen has another seasonal it's the Fall Apple Spice. Its scent seems to be quite controversial, likened to a Yankee Candle. I love the scent. It is strong, but its lingering effects were quite subtle for me and every now and again, I'd get a comforting, personal whiff of it, nothing that would bother others.

The ingredients are top notch. This formula tops them all, including 613. The real proof was using it. I cleansed with it 2x as Chaz suggests, rinsed, then added the Fall Apple Spice oil to it and whipped up a mask and slept in it overnight, rinsed the next morning, added a bit more for leave-in, air dried and my hair was fabulous. This was done a week ago on my natural hair. My hair was soft and shiny, my curls were actually shining. Needless to say, I can't wait to try it out on my relaxed hair.

With all the controversy, I'm not sure if Chaz will bring this one back. He got smart and put it in the 32 oz. size immediately, before all of us Wen junkies could beg him to do so. But I'm crazy about the formula, so I'm picking up my other two bottles that I ordered from the post office tomorrow. My favorites are: Ginger Pumpkin, Fig, 613 in that order, but this one trumps them all.

Loved your review. I have it but I haven't used it yet. I'm still trying to use up Summer Mango Coconut. I'm looking forward to trying FAS especially after your review.

tequilad28

sooo after a 3rd attempt wen fig is a no go:sad:. I noticed that my hair was shedding a lot despite being extra careful to detangle before I wash as suggested and even when I did my tea rinse a lot of hair was still coming out:nono:. After my hair was 70% dry and I put my leave in and serum and it was still coming out when I combed that was it for me! I found out that there are others whose hair were falling out or had thinned out in a few months due to wen but Im just happy that I;m stopping to avoid any setbacks:yep:. I really wanted to be a wen head but I guess my hair says otherwise. Funny thing is this last time my hair wasn't that soft at all:perplexed. I guess Ill just use my other conditioners to co wash for extra moisture.

Lymegreen

The only one I like is 613 and it's never on sale or has free shipping... :-( I used up my last bottle but won't repurchase unless I see an unbelievable deal.

Lymegreen

Clarifying works for me with 613. Also, If I've used it too many times in a row I have to clarify before I use another cleanser. So, I clarify going in and out with 613. That seems to work well for me.

NurseB

I watched the WEN special on QVC and I would love to try some. I have fine ends (that I'm battling with) and low porosity hair. Which should I began with? I've heard great things about the fig, sweet almond mint, tea tree and 613.

Hyacinthe

To all my Wen aficionados.
Have you ever used Wen cleansing condish as a moisturizing treatment to balance out a protein treatment?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using LHCF

sunnieb

To all my Wen aficionados.
Have you ever used Wen cleansing condish as a moisturizing treatment to balance out a protein treatment?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using LHCF

Hyacinthe do you mean like using WEN right after/before a protein treatment or just as part of the hair regimen?

Hyacinthe

sunnieb more like in case of emergency. I ran out of conditioner and i really needed to do a protein treatment. Wen condish was the only 1 I had on hand.
so it got me thinking...I wonder if I can use this as an after protein moisturzing condish?