Any workout girls here?

Mrs.TheBronx

Hey girls,

I am 100% natural. I workout bout 3-4 times a week and sweat alot while doing so..... any tricks if i wanna wear my hair pressed? I'd hate to stop working out to have nice pressed hair that will last a few days. lol Any ideas to help me?
HELP!!

temfash

Pm pinkskates she has an active lifestyles,she's natural and wears her hair pressed.HTHactive

DMJ's Mom

I work out any where between 3-6 times a week. I tie my hair up in a sock bun and put a head wrap on while i work out. it keeps my hair pretty straight. HTH

MizAvalon

I just CW and bun. Sometimes I have my hair in cornrows.

I gave up on having cute styles everyday when I am exercising hard. I wish I knew how.:ohwell:

kellie7777

it is difficult to maintain press hair if you hair is shorter than shoulder length.... but if it is longer, just tie it up in a pony and use the touchless bans to keep the pony in check. That way it sticks out and isn't touching your neck or skin..

Mrs.TheBronx

Thanks girls for all the advice and i will pm pink skates and see what she does also! :) so basically.. try to tie it up tight in a pony and don't wrap it (doobie) like ive been doing?

sareca

it is difficult to maintain press hair if you hair is shorter than shoulder length.... but if it is longer, just tie it up in a pony and use the touchless bans to keep the pony in check. That way it sticks out and isn't touching your neck or skin..

ITA. I think that only works for long hair. Mine's APL and it still doesn't work. Maybe BSL or MBL works. :(

Leslie_C

ITA. I think that only works for long hair. Mine's APL and it still doesn't work. Maybe BSL or MBL works. :(

Sareca...u have plenty of hair so I dont see what could be stopping u! ;) Cant u put it up in a high (instead of low) puff? I guess it doesnt make a big difference since u do wash n gos a lot anyway though.

sareca

what do you recommened Sareca or are u a lil' lost on this topic as well? :grin:

I'm at a loss. :perplexed My last rollerset looked like I took a shower without a cap. :lachen:I've been oil rinsing, wearing a wash n go, and waiting for BSL (hoping I can pull off the ponytail thing).

sareca

Sareca...u have plenty of hair so I dont see what could be stopping u! ;) Cant u put it up in a high (instead of low) puff? I guess it doesnt make a big difference since u do wash n gos a lot anyway though.

I was trying to do lo-mani with a rollerset. It lasted about 2 days. :lachen: But I must admit it's been a while since I tried the ponytail method. Last time the ponytail shrank shorter than my wng puff. :huh: My most recent attempt, I tried pin curls. This is the aftermath.

:eek: It's shorter than my WnG too. :look:

imstush

I'm at a loss. :perplexed My last rollerset looked like I took a shower without a cap. :lachen:I've been oil rinsing, wearing a wash n go, and waiting for BSL (hoping I can pull off the ponytail thing).

That's how mine looked, and I did the ponytail method. I give up with the DIY rollersets. I will leave that task to the dominicans.

When I work out I have to wash/rinse my hair. I tried the press and working out, and my hair looked puffy and stringy (if that's even possible) at the same time.

Leslie_C

I was trying to do lo-mani with a rollerset. It lasted about 2 days. :lachen: But I must admit it's been a while since I tried the ponytail method. Last time the ponytail shrank shorter than my wng puff. :huh: My most recent attempt, I tried pin curls. This is the aftermath.

:eek: It's shorter than my WnG too. :look:

well, consider yourself lucky that your hair looks best in such a low maintenance style (wash n go!). I used to wear them a lot, but its definitely not my most flattering style...its something I do out of laziness...and for growth bc my hair grew like a weed when I was doing them all the time. Now Im trying to figure out if its growing slow now bc its winter and Im lazier (not as active) or because I stopped the wash n gos.

kellie7777

i was thinking about this. ... maybe you can add a hair extension, like braid it on just to get the length and then maybe that will help....dunno. :perplexed

NuMe2004

I second putting your hair up in a pony. Sometimes even this won't do it though depending on how much you sweat. Your ends may stay straight, but your edges can still get rough.

I like going for walks, especially in the winter (like now) because if it's not raining, it's usually too cold for you to work up a sweat. Therefore, I can burn calories without sweating out my hair!

Mrs.TheBronx

NuMe, I do that sometimes at work, but for that real workout I feel like I have to sweat.. and thats where the problem comes if i do decide to press my hair which i dont do very often. Nappy, I love my twist too when Im working out but sometimes i want my press. LOL I guess if its pressed, I will try the pony, if it doesn't work and my ends stay str8 I will just put on a head band in the front...

Hey.. that poses another question.. are headbands (elastic ones) making your hair by the temples thinner??? I think that maybe happening to me!