Anyone buying? Beverly Johnson haircare line at TARGET 2/26

naturalmanenyc

Beverly Johnson haircare line at TARGET stores will launch on 2/26.

http://www.beverlyjohnson.com/hair-care/

A few of the products:

TOP MODEL (8 oz)
Super Luxurious Moisturizing Shampoo – A concentrated shampoo enriched with conditioning emollients. It is a unique blend of key essentials, including botanicals extracts and vitamin E. It gently conditions as it cleans, so that hair is never stripped or depleted of natural oils after shampooing. For best results, follow with Work It – Super Luxurious Moisturizing Conditioner (for thicker, coarser hair) or BJ Detangling Spray (for very fine, limp hair).

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, PEG-150 Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate,Quaternium-22, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol , Glycol Stearate , Tocopheryl Acetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Betula Alba Leaf Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Ethoxydiglycol, Butylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Inositol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben , Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum). Contains no artificial color.

In Stock: $12.50

NO. 1 CONDITIONER (4 oz)
For Super Dry and Brittle Hair – This product is specifically formulated for chemically treated hair. It conditions the most severely damaged hair. It will even restore the bounce and shine to perms. No. 1 Conditioner adjusts to the most delicate of hair colors, while eliminating split ends, so rejuvenate your hair with No. 1 Conditioner and once again enjoy hair that has a natural healthy glow.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenirimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

In Stock: $19.95

GO CURLY (8 oz)
Promotes the Natural Curl of your Hair – A nourishing styling product used to create soft flowing frizz free curls. Contains Pro Vitamin B and Keratin to moisturize and improve shine on curly hair.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Polyquaternium-72, Propylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimoniumchloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Silicone Quaternium-16, Undeceth-11, Butyloctanol, Undeceth-5, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylisothiazoline, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide.

In Stock: $19.95

RocStar

Ehh...the ingredients, the prices...I probably will pass.

(The product junkie in me is so proud of myself).

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
4 oz of conditioner for 19 dollahs?? My hair laughs at this. Even if it made my hair feel like the under belly of a unicorn, you're going to have to come up with more than 4 oz!! lol

Raspberry

Ehh...the ingredients, the prices...I probably will pass.

(The product junkie in me is so proud of myself).

The shampoo looks like the best product of the bunch but for $12.50 I'd rather support an online vendor.

She's dead wrong for charging $19.95 for that #1 Conditioner..with those basic ingredients.

naturalmanenyc

I have a $50 Target gift certificate but I'm sticking with shampoo bars and my aloe vera juice leave-in conditioner mix + Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
No. Those ingredients are not special, packaging is super boring, and there are tons of cheaper or similar priced products that work for me. Better luck next time.

Nubenap22

westndian mentioned this the other day on FB also....My answer still holds

I aint seen this ***** real hair!!! Its always some sub par weave or wig.

No thanks I'm good!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I didn't know she was coming out with a line. Wasn't she the one who took over Wanakee's line at one time?

Anyway, $19 for 4oz. of conditioner and the second ingredient is a cone! :nono:

yorkpatties

I just had an image in my mind of a Naomi Campbell hair care line :lachen:

These models better stick to their wig lines.

naturalmanenyc

You know, I don't think we have ever seen her real hair - just the wig line. Hard to believe in a product when you never see the person using it themselves.

mscocoface

Has anyone seen Beverly Johnson's real hair lately? I am not sure I could purchase hair products from someone who is in wigs 99% of the time.

Cendra

You know, I don't think we have ever seen her real hair - just the wig line. Hard to believe in a product when you never see the person using it themselves.

That was my first thought when I read the post. Beautiful woman but what's hiding under the wigs?

kupenda

No thanks. Her weaves are low quality products. Why would I want her to jack up my own hair too?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF