Anyone ever own a hot air/blowdryer BRUSH? Does it actually work?

Esq.2B

This pic is for illustrative purposes, so if you've had experiences with this or anything similar I'd like your feedback.

I'm thinking of investing in something like this one to keep my roots straight during my relaxer stretches.

Does anyone own one? Or did anyone used to own one?

If so, can I have some reviews please. :grin:

msa

I'm looking into getting one of the new conair hot air brushes...it seems like it'd be much easier than trying to use a blowdryer with a brush.

Esq.2B

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Trying to hold a blow dryer in one hand and a brush in the other will be like mission impossible for me. I don't have that kind of coordination lol.

Hopefully some people will chime in. I know many people here flatiron their roots but I'd much rather blowdry.

MarcustheWu

Yes, I have one. I love it, because I am really bad at the whole brush and blowdryer thing. I like it, because it is easy to do tension while using the dryer. I get my hair way straighter this way than trying to use a brush and blowdryer. However, someone who is good at that might have a different experience.

MarcustheWu

I am sorry. I live in Japan, and I just got a $20 store rand. If you are in Japan also, I will of course find the rand name for you. It has 6-8 rows. I cannot rememer, and I am at work. I think that it is normal size. It does not seem too small or large. It just has the normal cool, Hi, Med, and Low settings. It is not fancy at all. Sorry that was not very helpful.

Last edited:

Victorian

old head
I love 'em! I've used a Revlon ionic ceramic one and am now using the Remington T Studio one here. I got it at Target. It's awesome! I use the paddle brush. My old Revlon one was really good too. It just had the ceramic round brushes but it worked well.

I use the hot air brush as the first step when straightening my natural hair, but I'm sure it would be fine on it's own if you're just blowdrying relaxed hair. I used a hatchet style dryer w/a brush attachment during my transition, and I bet the hot air brush would be even better. :yep:

Esq.2B

^^^ I plan to use is on my dry roots when I take my rollers out after drying.

I'm not sure how others have used it though.

Victorian

old head
I use it on wet/damp hair generally, to dry the hair while straightening.

In the past I've used it on dry hair that I've misted with leave-in or whatever in order to fix an area of my hair that had reverted from getting caught in the rain. I try not to do that, though, since I don't like applying more heat to my hair during the week.

Esq, using a smallish round brush would probably work really well for doing the roots after rollersetting.

LadyPaniolo

I have one... it's a Remington. It has two brushes and the hair is sandwiched in between them, while the air blows out from each side beneath the bristles (does that make sense? :spinning: lol)

I don't like using it as much as my "hatchet style" dryer with the clip-on brush attachment. That one seems to work much better.

I am not coordinated enough to even attempt to use a brush in one hand and a hairdryer in another.... :nono:

MissJ

I purchased one years ago after seeing BlackCardinal's results; however I found it counterproductive. I was ripping my hair out with it, so I bought a real blowdryer, which I use with a Denman brush and lose maybe 10 hairs at the most while blowdrying.

Esq.2B

I purchased one years ago after seeing BlackCardinal's results; however I found it counterproductive. I was ripping my hair out with it, so I bought a real blowdryer, which I use with a Denman brush and lose maybe 10 hairs at the most while blowdrying.

Ripping your hair? Were you using it when your hair was dry or wet?

bedazzled

One lady on here was bragging about this Remington T Hot Air Brush. It sounds & looks pretty neat.

she said she got it at target and its priced betwee $34-$40

here are the specs

* Hot Air Styler/Dryer
* Ideal for All Hair Types
* 5-pc. Set Includes 4 Interchangeable Brush Heads
* Made of Plastic
* Matte Finish
* Features Hot Air System
* Features Interchangeable Styling Plates
* Also Features Ionizing Action
* Professional Performance
* Do Not Operate Near Water
* Display Features Power Indicator Light
* Removable Pieces
* 1200 Watts Watts
* Plug-In/Electric Powered Design
* 6' Professional Length Cord

hope this helps! im thinking about getting one!

Esq.2B

Thaaaaanks! I think this is the brush BlackCardinal posted higher up in the thread. I'm def going to look into this. Thanks ladies.

mrsmeredith

Someone did a youtube tutorial and a review on one. She posted it here as well. I think it was a Babybliss blowdryer type brush, not sure but I liked her results.

ladykaya

As a natural I am getting very interested. Can any of you naturals post your regiment for using this tool. Do you follow up with a flat iron? I am tool junkie. I'm still thinking about getting the instyler just to try it once but I can't see me spending the money especially if I need to return it.

LiberianGirl

Someone did a youtube tutorial and a review on one. She posted it here as well. I think it was a Babybliss blowdryer type brush, not sure but I liked her results.

It might have been Southerntease. OP, check her website maneandchic.com, she posted reviews on there.

~Hair~Fetish~

I have the Wigo brand from Ulta and I love it. It has a cool feature that some of the cheaper ones don't... It has a button that you can push to make the bristles retract, thereby preventing the brush from getting tangled. Makes it easy to remove it from your hair, especially helpful if you only want to do the roots. :yep:

Globeleza

I bought the hot tools model when I couldn't find the concentrator nozzle for my regular dryer. I am going to give it a try with my next rollerset.

texasqt

I second this. It rips my relaxed hair and I've tried it since transitioning and I'm still getting the same. I'm wondering if it is because it is the boar-bristle brush type. In the future, not any time soon though, I may try the one below with the single-plastic bristles but it only has 250 watts and I prefer more. In the meantime, I'm sticking with my comb attachment.

Tangle-Free Hot Air Brush by Helen of Troy

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I have a hot tools air brush and it gets my hair strait with no tangles or problems. So much less damage than a comb attachment blow dryer.:rolleyes: I am also transitioning. I separate my hair in small sections and blow dry it first with 2 passes and then I curl the section and hold for a minute before releasing the curl. Then I roller set with satin rollers afterward. I get very nice results on my close to 6 months post hair. This works so well to get my hair strait. I just have to learn how to maintain the strait style. I will be keeping my hair like this during the rest of my transition.

Taina

I do have a conair one, i bought it last time i was in the states , it have more than a year now. I LOVE IT, i'm not goos with the blow dryer, and i could blow my hair straight with it. When i was relaed it was a miracle for me because, as i had short hair (almost shoulder lenght) i washed my hair several times in the week and it was easy to dry and styke it, I also made curls with it.

BUUUUUT for the Ng it was not so good, i mean the hair was not that straight and the difference netween the two textures was noticeable. I used to flat iton the front of the hair.

varaneka

I love 'em! I've used a Revlon ionic ceramic one and am now using the Remington T Studio one here. I got it at Target. It's awesome! I use the paddle brush. My old Revlon one was really good too. It just had the ceramic round brushes but it worked well.

I use the hot air brush as the first step when straightening my natural hair, but I'm sure it would be fine on it's own if you're just blowdrying relaxed hair. I used a hatchet style dryer w/a brush attachment during my transition, and I bet the hot air brush would be even better. :yep:

The Remington one looks goooooood

ladylibra

This pic is for illustrative purposes, so if you've had experiences with this or anything similar I'd like your feedback.

I used to use this EXACT brush! :grin: For years when I was relaxed. I loved it! In fact my momma still has one too... I've used it once as a natural, with decent results.

^^^ I plan to use is on my dry roots when I take my rollers out after drying.

I'm not sure how others have used it though.

I used to use it this way too. :yep: I could actually take the brush part off too, so it was like a tiny concentrated nozzle of air that I could point at my roots if I needed too.

Dang, I should get another one... it was like $15 right? I could justify spending the money... :lol:

BillsBackerz67

I have this hot air brush. These are my results from using it after i rollerset. I havent used it since last year but its handy to keep around. :

Tangle-Free Hot Air Brush by Helen of Troy

Attachments

• Rollersetting_-vi.jpg
    Rollersetting_-vi.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 51