APHOGEE 2 STEP PROTEIN Treatment

poookie

I have a question about the aphogee 2 step protein treatment.

it says to put the treatment on the hair, and leave the hair uncovered while it dries.

why can't i use a plastic cap?
i have a soft bonnet dryer, and i don't want to get protein all in the inside of it because the bottle says i'm not allowed to use a plastic cap...

LynnieB

hmmmm......

with the soft bonnet, i'd be worried that the sticky aphogee will act like crazy glue and stick your hair to the plastic or if using a shower cap under a bonnet - the plastic wouldn't allow it to dry hard like it's supposed to.

do you have a blow dryer? i think i'd rather use that than the soft bonnet dryer, just to be safe.

Aggie

I concur with LynnieB. It's not a good idea to use a bonnet on your hair with the Aphogee 2 step treatment. The crazy glue affect on the bonnet will destroy your hair. This treatment gets really hard and cannot even be manipulated while dry. You literally have to run water over it until it softens to get it out of the hair. Use the blow dryer as suggested but your best tool to use is a hooded dryer.

girlyprincess23

I concur that's what i use for protein i dont know why they wouldnt want you to use a plastic cap though. the only thing i can think of is like you know how when you dc your hair NEVER dries with the plastic cap on?

janda

I did the 2-step tonight and oh my! When I was rinsing it out, my hair felt so strong. I'm now sitting under my dryer with Bee Mine Bee U tiful DC. I've only done the 2-step once before and was hesitant to to do it again based on scary posts about the product. But, I co-wash almost daily and moisturizing at night so I think my hair needs the protein. My hair is also VERY thin and fine.

dancinstallion

Your hair won't dry the protein treatment into your hair if you use a shower cap. That would defeat the purpose of using the 2 step treatment. Don't use the soft bonnet it will mess your hair up and the bonnet. This treatment gets really sticky. So you have to use a had hooded dryer. The two step also drips alot so if you are going to use a blow dryer then it will take longer for it to dry.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
The treatment needs to dry out completely, the water can't evaporate efficiently if your head is covered in plastic. Plus it gets sticky as it dries, you don't want that plastic dry-stuck to your hair.

s0.k!nky

I agree with the others...Using a shower cap isn't going to work....You can dry the treatment with a handheld blow dryer if you have one of those...there is a video on youtube showing this method...and I believe that method may even been suggested on the aphogee bottle. HTH

fletgee

I did the 2-step tonight and oh my! When I was rinsing it out, my hair felt so strong. I'm now sitting under my dryer with Bee Mine Bee U tiful DC. I've only done the 2-step once before and was hesitant to to do it again based on scary posts about the product. But, I co-wash almost daily and moisturizing at night so I think my hair needs the protein. My hair is also VERY thin and fine.

I am very interested in your post as my hair is also very thin and fine. The Aphogee really scared me as it seems so heavy duty. The only protein I have used is AO/GPB.

So do tell. Now that your hair is dry how does it seem? Would you do the treatment again? And if so, on what schedule?

Thanks.

Last edited:

janda

@fletgee my hair has turned out great so far. After I did the Aphogee, I DC'd for about an hour with heat. I put my Bee Mine leave- in and let my hair airdry. My hair felt very soft this morning not hard at all. My strands are very fine and I think very prone to damage.

SingBrina

Wow I desperetly need this in my hair!!! I noticed when I first used it how THICK and FULL my hair was... Soon when it became super healthy I stopped using it, bad choice. A year later I see how diff it is... I know Aphogee really helped. Before I had started using it my hair wasnt as thick and healthy as it was when I did.... and because of me not doing it frequent, I used to do it every 4wks.... it isnt as strong!!! I am going to buy it tonight and do it tomorrow so it can get back in shape, should take two or three more treatments.

hothair

I've used a soft bonnet with it and yes I did have to wipe it after it dried but it didn't stick to my hair just felt sticky on skin. Covering with a cap won't allow your hair dry hard it'll just steam it.

allmundjoi

Do you have a handheld blow dryer? With the 2 step in I use my handheld dryer to get the surface layers of hair dry, then I set under my softbonnet to dry it the rest of the way.

Sent from my DROIDX

Miss AJ

If you use a plastic cap the product won't be able to harden on the hair like it's supposed to. It's not a deep conditioner, it's a protein reconstructor.